• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Front Differential

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
Is Ford offering any variations on the front differential.
Things like a locker, different gearing, larger Diff.

The previous Gen came with the Dana or Spicer M190 with the more robust M210 in the rear. The M190 is designed for a maximum 32 inch tire.
The only way I see you can get a locker is with the Sasquatch package in the Bronco. I think its the M210 with locker and 4.70 gears.
What is the front Diff setup in the Ranger Raptor.
From my understanding and the lack of info, I would say Ford is just offering the 3.70 gears with electronic controlled crawl on the standard Ranger
Sponsored

OP
OP
Scooter

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
Quoted from Bill.

The Ranger's AWD T-Case is different to the outgoing Everest's, the Everest was permanent AWD with low range, but no actual lock (i.e. it did unlocked AWD high and AWD low). The new Ranger (in some configs) borrows the Bronco's T-Case, which can do 2WD high, AWD high, locked 4WD high and locked 4WD low. In Australia the Ranger with the 2.0TTD is only coming with the standard 2H, 4H, 4L same as the outgoing car, only the V6TD and V6TT Ecoboost are getting the permanent 4x4 T-Case (which isn't permanent as it can do 2WD). FYI the Ecoboost gets the 10R60 transmission.

From what Bill has explained the ONLY Rangers to be able to use 4WD on sealed roads seem to be the Raptor V6TT and the Wildtrak V6TD (although different markets could do strange things - who knows?) - these both have the 'A' setting (full-time 4WD) as well as the 4H/4L and 2H settings, the latter allowing you to run RWD only.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
From what Bill has explained the ONLY Rangers to be able to use 4WD on sealed roads seem to be the Raptor V6TT and the Wildtrak V6TD (although different markets could do strange things - who knows?) - these both have the 'A' setting (full-time 4WD) as well as the 4H/4L and 2H settings, the latter allowing you to run RWD only.
This is correct, generally speaking we really have never had choices for axle ratios or differential models, it's always been a case of 'you'll get what you're given'.
These tables show what engines come with what driveline in Australia.

Ford Ranger Front Differential engineoptions.PNG

Ford Ranger Front Differential Drive Modes.PNG

Ford Ranger Front Differential configoptions.PNG

OP
OP
Scooter

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
Any word from the ROW of what the Ford Ranger runs for a front axle. What does the Raptor offer.

US RangerRaptor

First Name
WilliamL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded Focus RS, '21Ranger Tremor
Hey, don't know why Ford would put a maxed out Trans in the Raptor from the git...
In its hottest current form, the 2.7 produces 335 horsepower and 380 pound-feet of torque, while the 3.0 produces 400 horsepower and 415 pound-feet of torque.

ACCORDING TO GEARS MAGAZINE:
The 10R60 is the latest addition to the 10R family. With a maximum input torque rating of 443 ft-lbs (600Nm), it is specifically designed for the lowest torque output engines Ford manufactures. Introduced in the new 2021 Ford Bronco, the unit is lighter and physically smaller than the 10R80, implying better fuel efficiency.

In 2017, Ford used the 10R80 paired with the 3.5L Ecoboost V6 in their best-selling truck, the F-150. It was versatile enough to be later placed with the 2.7L turbocharged engine through the 5.0L V8 applications. With an input torque rating of 590 ft-lbs. (800 Nm), the 10R80 covered a wide range of engine applications .
Ford Ranger Front Differential 1669658396649

Sponsored
OP
OP
Scooter

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
Good info. I am wondering what axle is on the front. I would presume they are still putting the Dana Spicer in it. What size. I would think it follows the previous Ranger, running a stronger axle in the back. Front Dana M190 back M210. That's the axles in mm. Is the Ranger Raptor running the heavier axles on the front. The M190 is designed for a 32" tire. The Raptor runs 33".

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
Good info. I am wondering what axle is on the front. I would presume they are still putting the Dana Spicer in it. What size. I would think it follows the previous Ranger, running a stronger axle in the back. Front Dana M190 back M210. That's the axles in mm. Is the Ranger Raptor running the heavier axles on the front. The M190 is designed for a 32" tire. The Raptor runs 33".
I'd say, out of speculation, that the Ranger Raptor will be/is running an M210 Front and M220 Rear like a non-Sasquatch Badlands Bronco, which comes from the factory with 33's.
Sponsored