Sponsored

Gas Prices $4.99 Chicago Suburbs [Admin Warning: No Politics]

pablo94sc

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2023
Threads
41
Messages
1,179
Reaction score
1,202
Location
TN
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Rolled my tune back to stock to get a PCM update but will probably leave it off to run regular for a while. First fill-up of 87 in almost 60,000 miles felt wrong. Going to make sure to run some Techron every once in a while and mix in a 91/93 if I see a good price at Costco.
60k? Man, you're really enjoying your truck. I'm only around 35k. Guess I need to take more trips! 😆 how you been doing, btw? I owe you a beer.
Sponsored

 

STEVE_K

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Jun 27, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
197
Reaction score
266
Location
Snohomish, WA
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ranger Raptor, 2003 Jeep Wranger SE TJ, 2001 Subaru Forester
I remember it being much worse in 2022 when brining my Jeep TJ home after picking it up from my mom in San Diego and driving it back to WA. That 19 gallon tank did some damage to my debit card!

The first time I hit over $100 for a fill-up was with my '92 Z71 with a 25 gallon tank, that hurt! Hhahaha! That was sometime around 2009/10 I think since I remember selling it around 2010/11.
 
OP
OP
AugPal

AugPal

Well-Known Member
First Name
Augie
Joined
Nov 8, 2024
Threads
27
Messages
393
Reaction score
329
Location
Chicago
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger XLT 2018 Ford Fiesta 2026 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired IBEW
What part of the state are you heading to? Nashville to Memphis is probably worse than 57 to 55 through AR. 65 is best for Nashville area and east, and 75 for Knoxville. area and east. What about 24 through Clarksville, TN? Doesn't that continue up through KY to IN, or another interstate? Might be another alternative.
I'm in the far southern part just above where Mississippi and Alabama meet. I'm on the Tennessee River
 
Last edited:

CACTUSGREYFX4

Well-Known Member
First Name
Pat
Joined
Jun 13, 2023
Threads
7
Messages
1,776
Reaction score
1,635
Location
ON, Canada
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
$1.80 a litre so $6.80 a gallon(about $4.70 US)
 

Sponsored

pablo94sc

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2023
Threads
41
Messages
1,179
Reaction score
1,202
Location
TN
Vehicle(s)
Focus
I'm in the far southern part just above where Mississippi and Alabama meet. I'm on the Tennessee River
Pickwick area? I'm thinking the most direct is 57 to 24, then Land Between the Lakes or Paris, TN, and just head south. Taking 65 at all seems way out of the way if you normally take 57.
 
OP
OP
AugPal

AugPal

Well-Known Member
First Name
Augie
Joined
Nov 8, 2024
Threads
27
Messages
393
Reaction score
329
Location
Chicago
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger XLT 2018 Ford Fiesta 2026 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired IBEW
Pickwick area? I'm thinking the most direct is 57 to 24, then Land Between the Lakes or Paris, TN, and just head south. Taking 65 at all seems way out of the way if you normally take 57.
Yes, real close to the Pickwick area. 57-24-641 is the way I normally go. I have taken 65 a couple of times 3 years ago due to excessive construction on 57. Currently there's still a lot of construction on 57 and the bridge from Illinois to Kentucky is under construction and down to one lane which can really back traffic up.
 

pablo94sc

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2023
Threads
41
Messages
1,179
Reaction score
1,202
Location
TN
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Yeah, that would suck. It might be better to come through Memphis, and then down 72 to Corinth, MS, but I really hate Nashville traffic.
 

RCMUSTANG

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ray
Joined
Jan 22, 2019
Threads
2
Messages
1,539
Reaction score
571
Location
Los Angeles
Vehicle(s)
1989 Mustang 2017 Fusion
Lol. Hold my beer. 87.

Ford Ranger Gas Prices $4.99 Chicago Suburbs [Admin Warning: No Politics] Screenshot_20260917_211809_GasBuddy
 

Sponsored

pablo94sc

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2023
Threads
41
Messages
1,179
Reaction score
1,202
Location
TN
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Wanted to add, highest I've seen was right outside Tioga Pass in Lee Vining, CA. That was pushing $8/gallon in June. I wonder what it is today?
 
OP
OP
AugPal

AugPal

Well-Known Member
First Name
Augie
Joined
Nov 8, 2024
Threads
27
Messages
393
Reaction score
329
Location
Chicago
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger XLT 2018 Ford Fiesta 2026 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired IBEW
Gas just jumped by me 25 cents. I'm seeing $5.25 to $5.29. Chicago suburbs


Ford Ranger Gas Prices $4.99 Chicago Suburbs [Admin Warning: No Politics] 525gas
Sponsored

 
 







Top