• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

I have my order in for a 2023 Ranger Raptor.

downbytheriver7

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor
Awesome, such a good upgrade from the previous one. What a machine!
Putting my non-spaced plate on it tomorrow and taking off the decal.
I'll rip out the audio and upgrade it with a proper system, with extra sound-proofing.
Waiting for the ECU remaps and OPF deletes to come out, there's certainly 100bhp to be unleashed...
Feels so modern inside and out to drive!

Ford Ranger I have my order in for a 2023 Ranger Raptor. IMG_8452
Ford Ranger I have my order in for a 2023 Ranger Raptor. IMG_8453

JJ452

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 3.0
I went with Aviva for mine the only firm that listed it in their database at the time and from what I hear via the facebook group I follow still the only firm to list it and give a reasonable quote.
Thank you for this tip. I spent all morning calling around trying to get insurance for the collection on Monday. Aviva were the only ones to offer cover as they other providers couldn't find the details of the vehicle.

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their car's in the easiest way possible.
I'll rip out the audio and upgrade it with a proper system, with extra sound-proofing.
Waiting for the ECU remaps and OPF deletes to come out, there's certainly 100bhp to be unleashed...

IMG_8452.png
IMG_8453.png
Stunning ride! Are you thinking of adding any more decals after removing that one or you going for a classic look?

Sponsored

downbytheriver7

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor
Stunning ride! Are you thinking of adding any more decals after removing that one or you going for a classic look?
No more decals for now. Was thinking of maybe a lazer led bar somewhere but not had time to figure out yet! Maybe on the roof but wondering about noise. My next upgrade is the audio, getting that done first week of March. 😀

downbytheriver7

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor
Thank you for this tip. I spent all morning calling around trying to get insurance for the collection on Monday. Aviva were the only ones to offer cover as they other providers couldn't find the details of the vehicle.
Can also confirm I went with Aviva! 👍

JJ452

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 3.0
Can anyone confirm if their keyless entry works? Mine does not and the option to enable it is missing from the settings menu.

I've seen some reports that it may be due to a security issue with the keys and a recall is to happen in Q3/Q4 to replace the keys before it'll be re-enabled.

downbytheriver7

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor
Can anyone confirm if their keyless entry works? Mine does not and the option to enable it is missing from the settings menu.

I've seen some reports that it may be due to a security issue with the keys and a recall is to happen in Q3/Q4 to replace the keys before it'll be re-enabled.
Was wondering the same, mine does not work. Wondered if it was a setting also....

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their car's in the easiest way possible.
No more decals for now. Was thinking of maybe a lazer led bar somewhere but not had time to figure out yet! Maybe on the roof but wondering about noise. My next upgrade is the audio, getting that done first week of March. 😀
That sounds very exciting. What's the plan for audio?

Sponsored

downbytheriver7

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor
Will have to see, but similar to my last one. Audison speakers front and rear, maybe some custom A-pillar builds, Audison AMP/DSP then a custom sub enclosure under the rear seat. Soundproof the front and rear doors. Audio-Incar does all my builds and the end result is always so good!

Gazmic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Machinist

IMG_8452.png
IMG_8453.png
Very nice!!

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
The Black is a good fall back colour. My old Ranger is Black. Yes, that's the first thing I would do is remove the rear fender sticker badging. Suttle, not attracting unwanted attention. The Tremor sticker i would remove the first day. Raptor I would be ok with but like i say suttle. both Raptor's posted are impressive.

Flatsix

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Next Gen Raptor
Occupation
Retired Automotive Engineer

The keys currently do not have sleep mode, so stay active all the time which make them easier to relay. Around October a new key will be available that sleeps after 30 seconds of no movement. Then awakens if jiggled, when that key is available we will all be called into the dealer to have the new keys coded on and keyless entry reactivated. It's all part of the Thatcham security audit and was a failure point that needs to be corrected for insurance purposes. Loads of parts of the UK trucks are upgraded to meet this criteria. If you look under the bonnet the Engine Management unit plugs have a steel protection cage over them, held in place by shear bolts.

BoeBrock

First Name
Boe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Chippie
Hi All,
Picked up my New Raptor last week, Really happy with it,
Has anyone noticed on the Ford app it has a recall for the static bending lamp configuration???
Sponsored