• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

a77cj7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Ranger
I got an update email unlike any I’ve seen here, so thought I’d post it.
I was scheduled pre-strike, date has been pushed many times since. Its been holding at March 4th since before Christmas.

Shelter green RR with spray in liner and keypad.

Chris

Ford Ranger Ford Email Update on my Ranger Raptor Order IMG_0030
Sponsored

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Powerboost King Ranch, 2024 HPR Ranger Raptor
That's the same week my Raptor is scheduled to being built. Haven't got that email though.

Xyotafella

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Tacoma Off Road
Occupation
Machinist
That’s pretty awesome going from waiting until March and then it’s almost built! Hell ya

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
I got an update email unlike any I’ve seen here, so thought I’d post it.
I was scheduled pre-strike, date has been pushed many times since. Its been holding at March 4th since before Christmas.

Shelter green RR with spray in liner and keypad.

Chris

IMG_0030.jpeg
Congrats, that's awesome! I was told by everyone on here to not get the bed liner because that holds up production. Now you and another guy on here both have bed liners and are first to get built.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats, that's awesome! I was told by everyone on here to not get the bed liner because that holds up production. Now you and another guy on here both have bed liners and are first to get built.
To be fair I've also read quite a few times on the 5G forums that Ford's bed liner can be of questionable quality because they don't prep the metal correctly before spraying.

Even if it wasn't known to cause production delays, I'd still rather be more safe than sorry and just have a reputable installer do it locally after delivery.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
Exactly what I optioned so there's hope!

Cyrric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor
To be fair I've also read quite a few times on the 5G forums that Ford's bed liner can be of questionable quality because they don't prep the metal correctly before spraying.

Even if it wasn't known to cause production delays, I'd still rather be more safe than sorry and just have a reputable installer do it locally after delivery.
This is what my dealer told me about the Ford provided bed liners: They don't remove the bed bolts when spraying. So if for any reason you have to have your bed removed, they need to cut through the bed liner to get to the bolts.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is what my dealer told me about the Ford provided bed liners: They don't remove the bed bolts when spraying. So if for any reason you have to have your bed removed, they need to cut through the bed liner to get to the bolts.
Yep, have heard that as well. Apparently Ford outsources the bedliner to a local shop that uses cheap labor and has high turnover and often takes the lazy route. Almost every opinion i've seen comparing ford's liner vs aftermarket says the aftermarket option will be better quality and last longer. Many say ford's is more rough, holds dirt more and noticeably fades after 1-2 years.

I have also heard stories about the factory liner allowing moisture to get in between the liner and the truck bed which can cause rust. I believe this can be caused when they don't rough up the metal bed before applying the liner, which causes bad adhesion between the liner material and the truck and gaps form. Unfortunately in this situation it's not easy to tell what's happening until it's way too late.

Cyrric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor
I believe this can be caused when they don't rough up the metal bed before applying the liner,
I've watched LineX's video on how they do it. Had a little pit in my stomach to see a brand new truck have a sander taken to it. Wanted to scream out "DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I JUST PAID FOR THIS??!?!?!?" lol

OP
OP

a77cj7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Ranger
To clarify, my build is still scheduled for March 4th. I’m not sure what the email means, if anything. I know other raptors are scheduled sooner.

Sponsored

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 05 Z4
If I recall Long Mcarthur Ford had reported that was the case alot last year, but I believe at some point he mentioned that it was no longer an issue, but he still had a general advice of not adding accessories that could be dealer installed if time was important to you.

I have the spray in line spec'd on mine, scheduled for February production.

OP
OP

a77cj7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Ranger
I’ve had rhino liners and line-x in previous trucks. Most of the trucks we get at work have the factory spray in liner. The aftermarket liners are a better product, much thicker and grippier, but the factory liners have held up very well to the abuse of work truck duty.

My RR won’t see nearly the abuse that my work truck does. I just like the ability to haul sheet goods and lumber without using a trailer. It will see much more high speed off road use than truck stuff. I’m currently leaning towards a Decked drawer system for the RR, so the liner will be mostly covered.

I chose the factory liner just to avoid the hassle of having one installed locally.

OP
OP

a77cj7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Ranger
That is probably liner installer specific for aftermarket too. I bet most leave the bolts in to avoid having the bed shift or messing with the cab and bumper gap.
My current truck has a rhino liner, it’s sprayed over the bolts.
My 98 ranger has a aftermarket spray in of some sort. I had to cut it and clean out the t-50 torx to remove the bed.

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
The bed bolts on from underneath. There aren‘t bolts in the floor like on the old Rangers. I wouldn't want it sprayed over the bed ties downs though since a lot of access use those same bolt locations.

Cyder

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Nurse
My white RRaptor build had a build date of 1/22, just checked the tracking page and it’s now in production. I’m guessing early February for delivery.
Sponsored