• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Lane Centering --- Warning Issue

bubba Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 ranger
Occupation
old
When using Lane Centering I get a warning to put both hands on the steering wheel. But I already have both hands on the steering wheel in the exact position that the warning shows. Lane centering then turns off after a few seconds. Anyone else have this problem and have a solution?
Sponsored

cpnkirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
I was just wondering what people's experiences had been with this. My 2021 lariat will sometimes warn me to put my hands on the wheel ... while I'm steering! This only happens on one road that is very straight - to the point that I haven't moved the wheel in several seconds. Once I make a slight movement, the warning goes away.

So you might try a very slight movement when the warning dings and see if that keeps it happy.

My brother does exactly this in his Tesla during self driving mode.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes I've noticed this a few times. I was trying to determine if it uses pressure sensors or heat sensors to know if you're holding the steering wheel.

I'm hoping there is a Forscan value we can swap to disable this annoying alert.

T-Rev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2023 Toyota GR86
I tried using lane keep assist on 1200-mile journey back home. Even with the steering wheel in comfort, I found it was causing me more fatigue fighting the wheel enough to know my hands were on it and turned it off. Wish it didn't turn on every time I enable the cruise control.

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 05 Z4
Its definitely using a torque input to the steering wheel to detect hand presence and its not very sensitive. When driving on pretty straight road, you pretty much have to fight the system to keep it enabled.

I'm curious if this is a problem specific to the Raptor or if the other trims with different tires/steering racks also have the problem.

Sponsored

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its definitely using a torque input to the steering wheel to detect hand presence and its not very sensitive. When driving on pretty straight road, you pretty much have to fight the system to keep it enabled.

I'm curious if this is a problem specific to the Raptor or if the other trims with different tires/steering racks also have the problem.
Mine's a lariat with the same issue.

ec99

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer/Ordered Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Personal Trainer

That’s just how Fords system works, my moms 2022 explorer is the same way the wheel needs to be nudged

Bomlodr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 1984 Mustang SVO
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone else have this problem and have a solution?
I had it once on my 2020.
What worked for me was to turn it off, never turn it on again, and operate my truck. I've also turned off collision detection and emergency braking. I don't let the truck make decisions I'm capable and compelled to be making myself when operating my truck on public roads. We should've stopped at standard ABS and traction control....

Now, get off my lawn! 😆

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 05 Z4
That’s just how Fords system works, my moms 2022 explorer is the same way the wheel needs to be nudged
Yeah I guess Ford is just pretty bad at tuning the system or their torque sensors on the steering rack aren't very sensitive. My previous BMW worked the same way, but it could detect the slightest inputs to the system.

In the Ranger I can jiggle the wheel enough that you can very visibly see it, but it still keeps yelling at you to put your hands on the wheel.

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Powerboost King Ranch, 2024 HPR Ranger Raptor
I tried using lane keep assist on 1200-mile journey back home. Even with the steering wheel in comfort, I found it was causing me more fatigue fighting the wheel enough to know my hands were on it and turned it off. Wish it didn't turn on every time I enable the cruise control.
You can turn it off in the settings. I turned it off in mine.

Sponsored

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Nuclear Weapons Technician
My Lariat doesn’t have that issue - I turned that shit off along with all the other assisting crap. 🤣

Sportshot2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F 150 FX4 (totaled) 2021 Acura RDX, 2021 KIA
Occupation
Retired
My Lariat doesn’t have that issue - I turned that shit off along with all the other assisting crap. 🤣
Hey American Infidel, love your job description but please don’t play with that red button! I just got my new Ranger Raptor and hope to enjoy it for a long time.

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Nuclear Weapons Technician
Hey American Infidel, love your job description but please don’t play with that red button! I just got my new Ranger Raptor and hope to enjoy it for a long time.
I’m pretty sure that there are no Arab malcontents and Muslim extremists here and we are all on the same team here 😁

ivotuk

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
IT
One thing I did like on my '19 Lariat was the tired driver warning. I was really tired after driving from Anchorage to Fairbanks (drove down the day before), and about 5 miles from home the bell woke me up as I was drifting to the right.
Sponsored