• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

License plate rub

IceBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
So opening the tailgate today I heard the most awful scraping noise, so obviously I closed the tailgate and repeated the action to isolate this terrible noise.

Turns out the license plate was rubbing against the tailgate in two spots which had scratched down to bare metal. Turns out there are multiple holes to choose from and the dealership chose the top spot opposed to something a little lower.

Just a psa to the community to check their rear ends!

Ford Ranger License plate rub IMG_7315

Ford Ranger License plate rub IMG_7319

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
So opening the tailgate today I heard the most awful scraping noise, so obviously I closed the tailgate and repeated the action to isolate this terrible noise.

Turns out the license plate was rubbing against the tailgate in two spots which had scratched down to bare metal. Turns out there are multiple holes to choose from and the dealership chose the top spot opposed to something a little lower.

Just a psa to the community to check their rear ends!

IMG_7315.jpeg

IMG_7319.jpeg
Ouch 2 factory holes and 8 non factory holes aka lets put as many hole in there as we can. :facepalm:

OP
OP

IceBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
We’ll see how well touch up paint can hide these sins. Unfortunate mistake by the dealer.

BlckHwk23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500 Duramax
Ouch 2 factory holes and 8 non factory holes aka lets put as many hole in there as we can. :facepalm:
actually all those holes are factory. Mine has the same 8 holes. I thought it was a crappy dealer tech job too but only two of the 8 actually line up with our US license plate holes. Interesting tid bit though, I noticed there are two slots below the plate area just like in the front which leads me to believe that the factory plate bracket can be used in the rear as well as the front
Sponsored