• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Limited Slip Differential — non-electronic locker diff in the 4x4 models is a limited slip or just a regular open?

TRSCobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 XLT 4x4, 2021 Porsche Cayman GT4
Anyone know if the non-electronic locker diff in the 4x4 models is a limited slip or just a regular open?

I have a 2021 F150 with the E locker and it acts like a regular open differential when unlocked. I live in the Pacific Northwest where we often have wet roads, and I'd like the extra traction of a limited slip for those conditions. I can't drive around with the diff locked on the street, and since I don't go offroad, it really serves no use for me.

So on the Ranger I'm looking to order I'd prefer not to check the E-locker box if the regular option is a limited slip.

Anyone have info on this?
Sponsored

NC Spuds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Lexus RC 350, GMC Canyon Denali on order
Occupation
Seed potatoes
I don’t believe the non locker version is your traditional clutch packed LSD, but there are modules influencing traction control and stability control in the vehicle.