• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Negotiate loaner until delivery

jmsv

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing yet
I really want to order the 24' Ranger but I don't currently have a car. I need something in the next week or two. Does anyone know if a dealership might lend me a loaner or service vehicle until the Ranger gets delivered if I place my order through them? If not, any other suggestions? I'm hoping to avoid buying something and needing to resell it in a few months (hopefully, lol) when the Ranger gets delivered, paying tax twice, etc.
Sponsored

coldconfession13

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford edge
Occupation
IT
I would save money and buy a junket or get into a lease and order the ranger. Then you can trade in the lease for the ranger

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
I would save money and buy a junket or get into a lease and order the ranger. Then you can trade in the lease for the ranger
Ordering is the easy part....waiting up to 6 months to get it is the kicker.....go buy a clunker for cheap and start waiting.

Tony Sorrento

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Occupation
Auto Sales
I really want to order the 24' Ranger but I don't currently have a car. I need something in the next week or two. Does anyone know if a dealership might lend me a loaner or service vehicle until the Ranger gets delivered if I place my order through them? If not, any other suggestions? I'm hoping to avoid buying something and needing to resell it in a few months (hopefully, lol) when the Ranger gets delivered, paying tax twice, etc.
No dealer is crazy enough to let you use a vehicle until the Ranger comes in ....

Also, you do not pay tax twice (at least in NY State **SHOCKER** as they subtract the trade from the selling price and tax the balance.

Buy a $2,000 car from someone to get you by ... then trade it or sell it when your Ranger Comes in

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
There's 0 chance they will give you a loaner car (for free anyways). You technically haven't bought anything from them yet. Who is to say you pull out of the deal when truck is delivered? People's circumstances change all the time. Also, they have no clue when your truck will be delivered. It could be a year from now, so why would they commit you a car reserved for their present customers?

Wise people have posted advice on here before: don't go on with the expectation that ordering from Ford is a done deal. When and if your truck is delivered, just count that as a pleasant surprise.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
you have absolutely NO leverage of any shape, form or substance to get a dealer to consider any requests from you. This bears repeating: Whatever you do, don't try to time this with any other upcoming event in your personal life as that fails EVERY time!

you didn't mention how or how long you have been navigating through life without a vehicle until now, but your cheapest option is to continue doing that until you actually secure your own vehicle. Failing that, I suggest ordering something reasonable from Carvana, etc. that will do it all online and deliver the vehicle to you. Keep it as long as needed, then dispose of it the same way; online and they pick it up from you and give you a check. 1 and done.

Good luck in whatever direction you choose.

mykrrrr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor - UN white
Occupation
Analyst
Sorry but everyone is right, you're not getting a loaner until your truck is delivered.

Get a beater to keep you rolling until it comes in, that's what I did. I sold my Focus RS, banked the equity and lucked into a cheap Fiesta hatch that I got for a steal. I hardly drive it since I WFH but it's good for errands and rainy days when I don't ride my motorcycle.
Sponsored