• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Best options to accelerate delivery

jmsv

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing yet
I'm hoping to order my XLT this week.
Are there any options I should avoid because they might delay production or delivery?

Here's the build I'm looking at:
Ford Ranger Best options to accelerate delivery 1693149621726
Sponsored

coldconfession13

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford edge
Occupation
IT
Honestly nobody knows what could delay. I ordered July 11 and still haven't scheduled. Seeing other post people who ordered later got scheduled dates. So it's whatever Ford is doing to schedule.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
good luck with that. sometimes seems like a Magic 8 ball is a better predictor of best path to getting built. In all seriousness, it seems there are always 2 schools of thought: order what you want and hold out for that, or try to predict or guess potential holdups and keep stressing over changing your order accordingly. Whatever you do, don't try to time this with any other upcoming event in your personal life as that fails EVERY time.

Personally, on my Maverick order I chose position #1 as I built it the way I wanted it and wasn't going to change for anything! Eventually I had to change when Ford put out a late ultimatum paraphrasing here "your truck will not be built if it has the following constrained items... see your dealer by xx date to delete any of these items if you want to get built." I did exactly what they suggested and magically my build moved right through the convoluted "system" smoothly.

Now Maverick and Ranger orders are following different trajectories here with overwhelming demand for Mavericks and little demand for the current Ranger offering- so I will probably choose the order it the way I want it and hold out route when I make a new order after they offer more NA configurations in the future. YMMV

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Best thing you can do is stay in touch with your dealer so if there are any changes you need to your order to prevent delay they can tell you. As of right now, though, no there’s nothing we know. It’s luck of the draw.

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
As others mentioned, it’s not an exact science on what might delay getting you scheduled. However, I would advise you to listen to the Long MacArthur live on YouTube because every week they go over the scheduling sheet and what options or other things are impacting it.

They mentioned last week there was a hold up on Shadow Black paint on all Bronco orders that aren’t Raptors. They didn’t mention anything about the Ranger, but they are built in the same plant FWIW. In the past couple years, mud flaps and spray in bedliners were holding trucks up, but haven’t heard that being a problem with current Ranger ordering.

Sponsored

c5ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ranger
Occupation
n/a
I ordered a FX4 Lariat on 5/30/23. Got 1st build date of Sept 18.
Got an update to build date... now it Oct 8th. Hopefully Ill get it this year.

Westyside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Taco
As others mentioned, I also read that the spray in bed liner has to be done at a separate facility and could add some time to your build.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
If other models are any indication as to what 'may' cause a delay to any order, it would be splash guards and spray in bed-liner.

The bed-liner has to be done in a separate area and is time consuming and as for splash guards, that's anyone's guess as to why.

There is another thing that 'could' become a constraint and that would be certain optional wheels. It has been a trend, since last year, that certain wheels end up being constraints.

The Bronco had that issue for quite a while last year when the foundry in China was shut down for quite a few weeks due to covid outbreak at it. The Wildtrak and Sasquatch equipped Broncos were hit hard by it.

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
The factory bed-liner is sprayed over the paint with no prep work. I would avoid it like the plague, and get it done after delivery if that is an option you want.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^ We've been talking on this exact forum for over a year that the bedliner has been a constraint in past trucks AND it's generally low quality.

I don't have much sympathy for people who order it if you've spent time on this forum. The bronco and maverick orderees have given us ample info about constraints they faced and it's just a dumb idea to pay for things you can do cheaper yourself or similar price for a better quality accessory. Even my dealership told me when I ordered my truck that they offer spray-in bedliners that work better than what Ford does at the factory.

Sponsored

Mikknj

First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT Cactus Grey
I'm hoping to order my XLT this week.
Are there any options I should avoid because they might delay production or delivery?

Here's the build I'm looking at:
1693149621726.png
I'm suspicious about the "supply constraints" line Ford always throw's out there... So I suspect other reasons for delays and it's not clear what could be selected that would speed up the build process. Seems like all sorts of re-tooling, training, UAW potential strike? Just put your order in and pretend you are waiting for a super special toy to arrive sometime down the road... Find joy in sharing the wait with all the rest of us!

mykrrrr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor - UN white
Occupation
Analyst
I'm suspicious about the "supply constraints" line Ford always throw's out there... So I suspect other reasons for delays and it's not clear what could be selected that would speed up the build process. Seems like all sorts of re-tooling, training, UAW potential strike? Just put your order in and pretend you are waiting for a super special toy to arrive sometime down the road... Find joy in sharing the wait with all the rest of us!
Take the tin foil hat off for just a second...supply constraints are real.

Mikknj

First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT Cactus Grey
I know supply shortages are real. I've been one of the most vocal about pointing them out. And have been a problem for a long while since the Covid disruptions. I'm speculating that continuing supply chain constraint messaging is a convenient cover for other issues. And I am convinced that controlling production volume is a useful tool in maintaining unit price per vehicle. This is not the best season to be flooding the market with new vehicles. But, that said I believe there are many constraints on production right now. Trying to guess which features to select with hops of being picked first seems impossible.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I know supply shortages are real. I've been one of the most vocal about pointing them out. And have been a problem for a long while since the Covid disruptions. I'm speculating that continuing supply chain constraint messaging is a convenient cover for other issues. And I am convinced that controlling production volume is a useful tool in maintaining unit price per vehicle. This is not the best season to be flooding the market with new vehicles. But, that said I believe there are many constraints on production right now. Trying to guess which features to select with hops of being picked first seems impossible.
Ford is bleeding money in their EV divisions so it’s not likely they want to limit ICE vehicles because they need that revenue coming in.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
gonna have to disagree with your speculation here and suggest you consider another explanation. All major manufacturers use a system called JIT or lean manufacturing, the basis of which is to not collect all components to build with ahead of time. Instead, they rely exclusively on their selected and preferred vendors and suppliers to promise delivery dates and actually deliver on time so the factories can build product. The supply constraints are largely out of Ford's control here, but rather have to do with vendors NOT delivering on time. This scrambles all scheduling and ability to smoothly build products. Imagine if even 3 of the suppliers (out of literally thousands) miss their promised delivery date and the schedulers and purchasing have to jump into action real-time and try to find out what else they can build and shuffle production runs to keep the line moving. It's a bit like the old Whack-a-mole game where a problem pops up, they hammer it down and another mole pops up, and another, and another...
Sponsored