• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

New competition is revealed!

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Glad I'm not brand loyal.

More misses on the Ranger for me personally when compared.

It's nice to see a manufacturer put this much effort into their midsize offering vs. their fullsize counterpart.

Having options is nice.
To be fair toyota really not full size truck company. The taco is the main truck, and it has beavy of suvs/sedans.
Sponsored

Xtreme Thunder

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
To be fair toyota really not full size truck company. The taco is the main truck, and it has beavy of suvs/sedans.
Which makes it worse in my eyes for Ford. They make a great FS truck product and Ranger always seems to remain an afterthought in many aspects. If Ford wants to be predominantly truck business, I feel they need to dedicate more effort into a wider range of available configurations for Ranger. I do recognize their manufacturing capacity for Ranger is limited vs. Tacoma. I also don't see Toyota coming in hard with Tundra, basically a copy of F-150 had for the past 8+ years.

Reactions: MJE

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which makes it worse in my eyes for Ford. They make a great FS truck product and Ranger always seems to remain an afterthought in many aspects. If Ford wants to be predominantly truck business, I feel they need to dedicate more effort into a wider range of available configurations for Ranger. I do recognize their manufacturing capacity for Ranger is limited vs. Tacoma. I also don't see Toyota coming in hard with Tundra, basically a copy of F-150 had for the past 8+ years.
true true i was stoked for 6g ranger at first hoping we would get World wide ranger and we did not. Why wasnt it copied over? Doesnt make sense.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4

true true i was stoked for 6g ranger at first hoping we would get World wide ranger and we did not. Why wasnt it copied over? Doesnt make sense.

Kind of make me think Ford is not taking the USA/NA market seriously.

Also makes me wonder how committed they are to it. If the Ranger does not sell well will they leave it again. You want to sell lots of them you need to show you are committed. A USA company giving more love overseas, what gives.

More I watch videos on the Taco the more stuff I see.

Yea ford wants to be a truck company well you need to be more committed to the markets other than F150..

I agree with above. If people do not like the Ranger it wont push them to a F150 it will push them to another manufacturer. People want a smaller truck for a reason. For me it was a smaller house now there is two of us and a smaller driveway. Hard to get around a full-size truck.

I hope there is a all out midsized truck war and I think there will be in a year or so. I will wait to see my options. It may not be another Ranger. Honestly I am liking the Canyon AT4 but it is more than I would like to spend to.

Last edited:

Sponsored

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Kind of make me think Ford is not taking the USA/NA market seriously.

Also makes me wonder how committed they are to it. If the Ranger does not sell well will they leave it again. You want to sell lots of them you need to show you are committed. A USA company giving more love overseas, what gives.

More I watch videos on the Taco the more stuff I see.

Yea ford wants to be a truck company well you need to be more committed to the markets other than F150..

I agree with above. If people do not like the Ranger it wont push them to a F150 it will push them to another manufacturer. People want a smaller truck for a reason. For me it was a smaller house now there is two of us and a smaller driveway. Hard to get around a full-size truck.

I hope there is a all out midsized truck war and I think there will be in a year or so. I will wait to see my options. It may not be another Ranger. Honestly I am liking the Canyon AT4 but it is more than I would like to spend to.
i agree with most of the above. To me it boiled down to which midsize can i be disappointed in the least haha that answer for me is the Tacoma. I actually prefer the looks of the Canyon AT4 the most. I really wanted to love the Ranger, I’m a Ford fan boy buti have a deposit down on a Trailerhunter

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor & 21 Bronco FE 4-Dr
They want to emphasize their f150 and have a maverick for the small truck mkt that won't canibalize f150 sales. I don't think ranger is a huge priority, but they also don't want to give up the entire midsize truck mkt. Just do enough to be a player, but not worried about being a leader in the mkt

Reactions: MJE

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i agree with most of the above. To me it boiled down to which midsize can i be disappointed in the least haha that answer for me is the Tacoma. I actually prefer the looks of the Canyon AT4 the most. I really wanted to love the Ranger, I’m a Ford fan boy buti have a deposit down on a Trailerhunter
Tacoma has great configurations and options, but that is one terrible interior and its ergonomics and locations of items such as the aux switches are poorly thought out.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Doing just enough to sell enough in mkt without hurting f150 sales or affecting bronco production out of the same plants.

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Tacoma has great configurations and options, but that is one terrible interior and its ergonomics and locations of items such as the aux switches are poorly thought out.
I don’t mind the Trailhunter or limited colors, the tacked on tablet is fairly awful. Not a fan of the trd pro or sport. Regular trd off road interior i haven’t seen yet.

from all the videos i watched everyone praised the new ergonomics?
only thing one reviewer griped about was the trailer brake controller position. Not a deal breaker for me.

Sponsored

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t mind the Trailhunter or limited colors, the tacked on tablet is fairly awful. Not a fan of the trd pro or sport. Regular trd off road interior i haven’t seen yet.

from all the videos i watched everyone praised the new ergonomics?
only thing one reviewer griped about was the trailer brake controller position. Not a deal breaker for me.
Hate where aux buttons are, where push button start button js and sticks out, the huge after thought tablet screen, gear shifter, non 4a options, non memry driver seat, etc. I personally think the layout and look of interior is poor. But it's just an opinion.

ssjx7squall

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Hate where aux buttons are, where push button start button js and sticks out, the huge after thought tablet screen, gear shifter, non 4a options, non memry driver seat, etc. I personally think the layout and look of interior is poor. But it's just an opinion.
i feel like the issue with Tacoma has always been the interior. It’s all an afterthought and looks and feels terrible. Also people praising the interior while at the release event kind of makes sense….

Xtreme Thunder

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
They want to emphasize their f150 and have a maverick for the small truck mkt that won't canibalize f150 sales. I don't think ranger is a huge priority, but they also don't want to give up the entire midsize truck mkt. Just do enough to be a player, but not worried about being a leader in the mkt
Nope, not a huge priority for them and history has proved such protection of the F-150. I get it to an extent. As I consumer, I see that.

I do think the 2.7/10AT is a strong option for the Ranger, but as an entire package, likely will only see a test drive from me.

Xtreme Thunder

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
The Full-time 4x4 with center locker available only on the Limited Tacoma is an interesting choice/ offering.

Non memory seat I noted personally as one of the couple misses on Tacoma especially on Limited trim.

No moonroof option on Ranger is one of the misses for me. The switch gear on the Ranger seems smaller and cheaper looking/ feeling to me when compared, at least visually. I noted similar on 5G Ranger. I’ll have to assess further in person for 6G. No coil rear on pedestrian trims of Ranger is a miss for me as I am seeking a more favorable ride quality than limitations of leaf rear.

I always find it intriguing what different folks prioritize. I’m the opposite, I lean toward the interior look of 4G Tacoma vs. 6G Ranger.

At least we have options.

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Doing just enough to sell enough in mkt without hurting f150 sales or affecting bronco production out of the same plants.
well the things is 23 sold pretty badly. Ford could lose money on the ranger in the millions ...
Sponsored