• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

New competition is revealed!

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
important to note with all the tacoma videos: every single content creator invited to that event was likely unable to say anything negative else risk their invitation to future events. of course they are going to claim the ergos are fixed and everything is hunky dory, their future salary depends on it.
Sponsored

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
important to note with all the tacoma videos: every single content creator invited to that event was likely unable to say anything negative else risk their invitation to future events. of course they are going to claim the ergos are fixed and everything is hunky dory, their future salary depends on it.
Most wont say anything negative in any video event or not. These YouTube influencers for the most part is not where you want a opinion because most wont say anything bad or never another invite to anything.

Anyway does anyone know if the Taco have 4 wheel auto on all trims? I know the Colorado and GMC do. The Frontier doesn't and the Ranger doesn't. It is one of the biggest things I miss from my Colorado. We have such variable roads due to so many farm fields and they no longer have snow fence requirements. I just hate switching back and forth, sometimes I forget I am in 4 wheel and go around a corner.

Reactions: MJE

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Hate where aux buttons are, where push button start button js and sticks out, the huge after thought tablet screen, gear shifter, non 4a options, non memry driver seat, etc. I personally think the layout and look of interior is poor. But it's just an opinion.
Yes i don’t understand no 4a however TFLTrucl said the limited has that option but it’s labeled something weird. I’ll see if i can find their video. I don’t understand why this wouldn’t be available across the board.

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
The only reasons I'm considering moving up from my 22 Ranger to the 24 is the width of the bed between the wheels. I hate storing and loading a platform to haul plywood and drywall above my wheels. If the GMC Canyon had the width I would be switching back to GM. Ford service is terrible compared to GM.

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
well the things is 23 sold pretty badly. Ford could lose money on the ranger in the millions ...
They should add features people want if they truly want the sales. And fix the problems on their trucks so people buy the next version when they want to upgrade. Too many choices out there to snub off your customers with quality and service after the sale.

Sponsored

RaptorFP

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sonata N Line
Honestly if someone is looking at a non-Raptor the new Tacoma is an amazing choice to consider. The one thing about the Raptor is that it doesn't really have competition. Yes, there is the Tacoma TRD Pro, Colorado ZR2/Canyon AT4X, Frontier Pro4X, but none come with a twin turbo V6 rated at just over 400HP (I'm pretty sure the Frontier Pro4X is the most powerful one at 310HP with an NA V6). I think as far as engine choice for the Raptor Ford hit the homerun. That being said not everyone needs 400HP and I understand that, but those who want some power Ranger is the way to go.

JustPassingBy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
Occupation
Retired
Interesting to read everyone's perspectives. IMO Ford can't afford sit on its laurels with F-150 and Maverick. If any cannibalization of F-150 takes place due to mid-size sales then its better for Ford if its a Ranger, rather than any of the competition. So soft-pedaling on Ranger may not be wise, or Ford could wake up one day and find its a smaller player behind Toyota and GM in what has become a very important category. Ford also needs to recognize that there may be a new additional customer base, whose first truck was a Maverick, and which now wants to move up to mid-size.

Its worth bearing in mind that this new generation of mid-size trucks are approaching the size of old full size trucks of yesteryear. I suspect the payload and towing, assuming towing is even of interest for many, will be perceived as competitive. With fully spec'd mid-size being significantly less expensive than similarly equipped full-size, there will be a strong financial incentive towards buying the mid-size if people don't absolutely need a full-size.

Consider just two examples. An F-150 Tremor starts at ~$61k while an F-150 Raptor starts at ~$77k, the latter is ~$20k more than the Ranger Raptor. We don't have Ranger Tremor pricing, but with a ZR2 starting at ~$48k, Ranger Tremor probably has to be at least $15k less than F-150 Tremor. You really have to need or want a full-size at those premiums.
Sponsored

Reactions: MJE