• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

mtesni

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor, 23 Bronco Badlands
Tossed on a new set of wheels and tires today. RTR Evo 6 Satin Charcoal Wheels (17x9 +30) and Goodyear Territory MT 315/70-17 Tires.

The total setup ended up being substantially lighter than the factory wheels and tires. The wheels averaged out to 22.3 lbs, tires 53.5 lbs. Mounted and balanced weight was 76.6lbs compared to the stock non beadlocks at 85.2lbs.

I ended up needing to remove the front crash bars for not to get them to fit, would rub on them on a level surface. I would not recommend running something this large without a lift in the front, I have a Foutz 2.5" collar on the way, but it will work for a few days of on road driving.

Ford Ranger New (Lighter) Shoes for the Raptor: RTR Evo 6 Satin Charcoal Wheels (17x9 +30) and Goodyear Territory MT 315/70-17 Tires PXL_20240525_194435596

Ford Ranger New (Lighter) Shoes for the Raptor: RTR Evo 6 Satin Charcoal Wheels (17x9 +30) and Goodyear Territory MT 315/70-17 Tires PXL_20240525_155635438

Ford Ranger New (Lighter) Shoes for the Raptor: RTR Evo 6 Satin Charcoal Wheels (17x9 +30) and Goodyear Territory MT 315/70-17 Tires PXL_20240525_164007032

davidfigs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor
This is really interesting, thanks for posting. I'm curious to see the fitment once you get the 2.5" collars

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
Looks great!
Nice to see more +30 options.
‘I need to remove my front crash bars at some point.
‘Did you have any trouble getting them off?

OP
OP
mtesni

mtesni

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The front crash bars weren't too bad to remove. The 2x plastic pins screw out to remove the plastic trim piece on crash bar itself. Then there are 2x 15mm bolts that thread in from the top (the nuts are welded on the bottom) a ratcheting wrench was able to fit between the bar and the fender liner to remove them. A little additional clearance was needed to slide them out so I removed the plastic trim from the inside corner of the bumper that's held on by 2x T30 and 1x 10mm bolts. Not sure it was needed but I also removed the large IP40 bolt holding the bumper to its mount to allow a little flexibility to pull the bumper up and forward while pulling the crash bar rearward and down.

I looked at removing the rear bars but that seems impossible without either cutting the bar or removing a body panel. There is not enough room to directly slide them out.

Also, this new wheel tire combo fits in the factory spare tire location. The mount slides through the and supports the wheel as intended and even fully inflated the tire JUST fits. I might deflate it for a little piece of mind as I have a compressor coming so inflating wouldn't be an issue.
Ford Ranger New (Lighter) Shoes for the Raptor: RTR Evo 6 Satin Charcoal Wheels (17x9 +30) and Goodyear Territory MT 315/70-17 Tires PXL_20240528_135057107

Sponsored

v8 goat

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Nice! I have the same set of wheels and tires in my garage for my Cactus Gray. I have an appointment to get them installed on Wednesday of this coming week. Did you get the Foutz collars installed yet?

I did the 1.5” collars already, and I am hoping this setup will fit without having to remove the crash bars.

I’m curious what my weight savings will be - I have the beadlocks, and I think those weigh a bit more. Did you notice any positive effects from the weight savings?

nikhsub1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
So then nothing needs to be cut to remove the front crash bars? They just unbolt and slide out?

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Powerboost King Ranch, 2024 HPR Ranger Raptor
How does it ride now? The broncos with those tires ride pretty well.

OP
OP
mtesni

mtesni

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So then nothing needs to be cut to remove the front crash bars? They just unbolt and slide out?
Yes, I was able to slide the front's out without cutting anything at all. I plan to reinstall them after I get the perch collars

How does it ride now? The broncos with those tires ride pretty well.
They ride great, very similar to the KO3's, maybe a little more road noise.

Do they poke at all?
They sit pretty close to even with the top of the flare. Slightest pit of poke maybe, I'll add a few more pictures.

OP
OP
mtesni

mtesni

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice! I have the same set of wheels and tires in my garage for my Cactus Gray. I have an appointment to get them installed on Wednesday of this coming week. Did you get the Foutz collars installed yet?

I did the 1.5” collars already, and I am hoping this setup will fit without having to remove the crash bars.

I’m curious what my weight savings will be - I have the beadlocks, and I think those weigh a bit more. Did you notice any positive effects from the weight savings?

I saw you post, looks great!! Haven't had a chance to get the collars on yet. Not sure about you but I'm not seeing any negative changes to power or MPG. I have over 1500 miles on them already and so far so good!
Sponsored