• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

New owner

OP
OP

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
You have the plate holder upside down. You do not have to drill the holes are already there.
Yes I’m aware that it’s backwards (they put the plate in wrong). The dealer told me it needed to be drilled. I’ll look for the holes. Thanks.
Sponsored

Cyrusblack

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Chief Executive Officer of Pencil Sharpening
4) Any other must-have mods? (No I won’t be in the desert).

IMG_8330.jpeg
For those of us who selected the Oxford White option - the most important upgrade is this . . .

Ford Ranger New owner IMG_1247

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
What about protective film on the rear fender flares?
I did that on my wide body challenger, but looks like Ford already has protection on the rear fenders.

Where are you thinking could use some?

I am open to putting some back there, just wasn’t seeing any high risk areas to put it.

I am taking my steps off, I find them more in my way getting in and out, then useful.
‘However I am holding off removing them till I get my rock chip protective measures in place.

OP
OP

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
I picked up the truck on a rainy day and there was some mud splatter on the fender flares forward of the rear axles, on the body (not the plastic).

What are you going to do for rocker protection? Line-X does factory paint code color matching.

Sponsored

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I picked up the truck on a rainy day and there was some mud splatter on the fender flares forward of the rear axles, on the body (not the plastic).

What are you going to do for rocker protection? Line-X does factory paint code color matching.
Thanks I will take a closer look at that area.

I am doing a black vinyl on the belly covered by the ford accessory protective cladding kit.
‘I am doing the black vinyl under it to prevent the white paint from showing in gaps of cladding pieces. I did the same thing on my Bronco, worked out well.

OP
OP

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
the belly covered by the ford accessory protective cladding kit.
Not sure the area to which you’re referring. Maybe you can share a pic when you have time.

Cyrusblack

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Chief Executive Officer of Pencil Sharpening
I did that on my wide body challenger, but looks like Ford already has protection on the rear fenders.

I am open to putting some back there, just wasn’t seeing any high risk areas to put it.

I am taking my steps off, I find them more in my way getting in and out, then useful.
‘However I am holding off removing them till I get my rock chip protective measures in place.
What steps you taking off?

OP
OP

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Here’s what I’m getting (after I Line-X it):

Ford Ranger New owner ima

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Software Engineer
Here’s what I’m getting (after I Line-X it):

image.jpeg
Just FYI. The manual of the Pivot Box - Driver Side says that it will not work if you have the outlet box installed. That is incorrect. Works like a charm.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Just FYI. The manual of the Pivot Box - Driver Side says that it will not work if you have the outlet box installed. That is incorrect. Works like a charm.
Thanks that’s great to know. Is the power outlet box a Ford product or aftermarket?

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Software Engineer
Thanks that’s great to know. Is the power outlet box a Ford product or aftermarket?
My bad, "factory power plug". Or on the options list for the non-Raptor models "in-bed power".

Anyway, it does not matter, the manual is just confusing (or wrong ?)

My only beef are those Torx Plus screws where they applied soo much thread lock, that at least I just seem to be unable to get them out without killing the heads ... Replaced them all with 13mm hex heads.

OP
OP

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
My bad, "factory power plug". Or on the options list for the non-Raptor models "in-bed power".

Anyway, it does not matter, the manual is just confusing (or wrong ?)

My only beef are those Torx Plus screws where they applied soo much thread lock, that at least I just seem to be unable to get them out without killing the heads ... Replaced them all with 13mm hex heads.
I can't seem to find the part on-line...do you have a link?

Also, should I do this BEFORE I have it Line-X'd? Or at least remove the panel for the Line-Xing?

Last edited:

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What steps you taking off?
The side steps. The factory steps under the doors.
If I use them I up way to high and have to crawl down into the seat, if I don’t use them I am having to stretch to step over them, essentially they just more in my way getting in and out of the truck.
But they do offer good body protection from stone chips, so before I take them off I want to get some alternate stone protection in place.