• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2020 Chrysler 300s 5.7L
Occupation
Retired/Manufacturing
A little tease here to wet our beaks.

....w/Agenda 2030 paint option....:blush: Saw a couple of US produced youtube clips about our upcoming 6g but the gawdawlful soundtracks along with the producers being torn apart in the comments sections precluded posting here. Watching with great interest.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I wonder how much longer we have to wait until the NA Ranger is unveiled? We are almost at the year mark since the ‘23 rest of world Ranger was unveiled (Nov. 24th, 2021). Detroit and SEMA have passed and it doesn’t look like Ford will even attend the LA car show which kicks off next week. I guess the Bronco is still dominating the production line and Ford doesn’t want to spill the beans on the Ranger any sooner than it has to. Especially with Toyota’s next Tacoma getting closer to being finalized. Just thinking out loud. I’m more than ready though!!!

OP
OP
Snkrjeff020

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
I wonder how much longer we have to wait until the NA Ranger is unveiled? We are almost at the year mark since the ‘23 rest of world Ranger was unveiled (Nov. 24th, 2021). Detroit and SEMA have passed and it doesn’t look like Ford will even attend the LA car show which kicks off next week. I guess the Bronco is still dominating the production line and Ford doesn’t want to spill the beans on the Ranger any sooner than it has to. Especially with Toyota’s next Tacoma getting closer to being finalized. Just thinking out loud. I’m more than ready though!!!
Man, I forgot the announcement was last November for the World Ranger. I can't believe it's been so long and I have been this patient.

If the rumors still hold true about production starting in May 2023, then I will suspect a January/February announcement. If nothing by then... We could be in trouble.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snkrjeff020

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Another thought is, given interest rates will probably be around 10% by the time Raptors land, I'll probably need to liquidate some assets to pay cash. 😑 Goodbye are the days of free loans.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
A little tease here to wet our beaks.

thanks for posting! Hopefully this opens the flood gates for lots of NA test mule sightings/pics even before reveal like what we had with Mavericks. :clap:

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired/Manufacturing
Wondering of Ford will offer a powered moonroof on the 6g in North America? Wondering what percentage of current Mavericks are getting them? Signature (ASC) Moonroof installed on my 2019 Lariat:

Ford Ranger North American 2024 Ranger spied! IMG_1664.JPG

Ford Ranger North American 2024 Ranger spied! IMG_1665.JPG

Ford Ranger North American 2024 Ranger spied! IMG_1673.JPG

Ford Ranger North American 2024 Ranger spied! IMG_1669.JPG

Ford Ranger North American 2024 Ranger spied! IMG_1667.JPG

Ford Ranger North American 2024 Ranger spied! IMG_1666.JPG

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Bronco and 5G 2023 Rangers both still being produced there. I'm sure they want to build as many of those as they can to deplete parts inventories and receive all vendor shipments contracted before switching the line over (probably take 1+ weeks of factory shutdowns to finish) There was supposed to be some upgrades to the factory before 6G starts production IIRC? I'm thinking continuing problems with supply chain deliveries and vendors missing delivery dates more responsible in delays than anything. The last thing Ford needs is more bad press for not actually being able to ramp up full production to meet demand like Broncos and Mavericks.

Last edited:

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Another thought is, given interest rates will probably be around 10% by the time Raptors land, I'll probably need to liquidate some assets to pay cash. 😑 Goodbye are the days of free loans.
hard to predict interest rates 6 months into the future, but I always try to pay cash for vehicles these days. I just took possession of my 2022 Maverick 10 days ago and being retired don't put more than 3-5k miles annually on my vehicles. With MY2023 Mavericks already sold out at around 87k units, I'm thinking the high demand will still be there keeping prices for used elevated so I should do OK trading my Maverick back to my dealer if I actually decide I like the new Ranger better. :sunglasses:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snkrjeff020

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
hard to predict interest rates 6 months into the future, but I always try to pay cash for vehicles these days. I just took possession of my 2022 Maverick 10 days ago and being retired don't put more than 3-5k miles annually on my vehicles. With MY2023 Mavericks already sold out at around 87k units, I'm thinking the high demand will still be there keeping prices for used elevated so I should do OK trading my Maverick back to my dealer if I actually decide I like the new Ranger better. :sunglasses:
I don't mind paying cash for cars, but if the loan is cheap, I rather invest my cash in stuff that yields me a return.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired/Manufacturing

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
@Progeny2021
Yes, I’d definitely be interested in a factory moonroof if offered on the 6G. I used the heck out of the one in my ‘02 F-150 SuperCrew until the tracks gave up the ghost 2-3 years ago. Since I’ll be driving this truck for another year, I need to find a Charlotte shop that will fix it.

As for rising interest rates, I’m fortunately able to go the cash route next year for the 6G Ranger too. I was ready to finance a 5G Ranger with a hefty down payment 3 years ago when they hit the NA market, but the lack of a SuperCrew/longbed was a deal breaker. So I continue driving the ‘02 F-150 and banking a truck payment to myself for over 5 years now (since Oct. of ‘17). I’m more then ready for something new!!!

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I don't mind paying cash for cars, but if the loan is cheap, I rather invest my cash in stuff that yields me a return.
and the loan requires a hard pull on your credit and makes your car insurance more expensive because the lien holder demands Full Coverage. No thanks on that. I'm early retired and the stock market has been good to me with my old 401k and IRA so not ever thinking about investing anymore. SS for me and the wife covers all monthly expenses including mortgage easily so no reason to take on additional debt. We have healthy savings outside the retirement accounts too and never need to WD from IRAs, so Cash is King in our house!

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired/Manufacturing
@Progeny2021
Yes, I’d definitely be interested in a factory moonroof if offered on the 6G. I used the heck out of the one in my ‘02 F-150 SuperCrew until the tracks gave up the ghost 2-3 years ago. Since I’ll be driving this truck for another year, I need to find a Charlotte shop that will fix it.

As for rising interest rates, I’m fortunately able to go the cash route next year for the 6G Ranger too. I was ready to finance a 5G Ranger with a hefty down payment 3 years ago when they hit the NA market, but the lack of a SuperCrew/longbed was a deal breaker. So I continue driving the ‘02 F-150 and banking a truck payment to myself for over 5 years now (since Oct. of ‘17). I’m more then ready for something new!!!
Regarding moonroof repairs in Charlotte - only two shops I'm aware of and one I highly recommend, as they installed two moonroofs and performed major repairs on another.

1. Classic Soft Trim, 1717 Toal Street (off of Graham), (704) 333-1970. Signature/ASC Moonroofs. Highly recommended.

2. Autotoyz, 7321 North Tryon Street (University City), (704) 596-7557. Webasto Moonroofs.

Charlotte Sunroofs on Brookshire Blvd. keeps showing up in web searches but they closed long ago, reportedly connected with Autotoyz.

Had a poor repair experience with the shop on Performance Road (off Sam Wilson) years ago. Thinking they're still in business but have changed names a few times.

Keep us informed.
Sponsored