• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Options to make the perfect next gen Ranger

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
360 degree cameras are getting common on the bigger trucks, so I'm sure they'll trickle down to the midsize segment
Sponsored

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
#1 by far is a powered roll down entire back window (my old Tundra had it and it was the best feature on the entire truck. Donā€™t get why others donā€™t do this)

- Fold Flat rear seats / fold up rear seats with flat storage option
- better storage under rear seats
- old body style Honda Ridgeline below bed cargo storage
- Bed outlets

These are all unique / super picky things based off if youā€™ve had them in other vehicles. I love my Ranger as is though.
Yes!!! The entire back powered window option would be awesome! It's nearly impossible to toss an empty beer can thru the tiny window from the drivers seat to the bed!!!

Ace Holliday

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
I just want a drivers side grab handle.
Amen! I would overlook several other "little" things to have one of these.

Last edited:

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape SEL 1.5L 4wd; 2009 Mercury Mariner Base 3.0 V6 awd: 2017 Suzuki V-Strom 650 1980 Kawasaki: KZ 750E
While I'm in agreement this truck is outstanding as is, these are few of the "niceties" that I would like to see added (first-world problems and all):

- @RedlandRanger - Yes to the locking gas door w/ interior release
- and also yes to the 60/40 split rear seat that actually FOLDS FLAT - seriously Ford, WTH?
- Heated mirrors & steering wheel
- Cooled seats
- Power sliding rear window (yep, it's useless as is)
- Better under seat storage in the rear / storage behind the seat on the cab wall
- Integrated trailer brake controller INCLUDED with tow package

And if the next gen Ranger comes with a hybrid option that performs as well as this one, I may be in trouble with my better half (I was told this truck has to last me ten years).
To paraphrase an old joke- " I just got a new Ranger for my wife! Pretty good trade, huh?"

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape SEL 1.5L 4wd; 2009 Mercury Mariner Base 3.0 V6 awd: 2017 Suzuki V-Strom 650 1980 Kawasaki: KZ 750E
  • Standard heated mirrors & rear defroster, with or without sliding rear window; all trim levels
  • Power pivot-out rear side windows option in SuperCab ( my '00 Windstar had these- quiet, non-drafty ventilation)
  • Heated seats without having to order $2500+ stuff I don't want or need.
  • Fold flat rear seat in SuperCab
  • Sticker delete option!
  • Moonroof option
  • F-150 type tailgate step option. Knee replacement: $57,000. Each. Tailgate step: $375.
  • COLORS! Make black and grey extra cost options for awhile
  • 265/75x16" All terrain tire option.
  • V8 stand-alone option, all trims.

• Some kinda law that says a manufacturer must buy back all the unsellable stock stuff taken off to put on the stuff that it should have come with!

Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see, well I need a dash cam for the roadway "trails" here in Honolulu.
These trails are littered by that animal commonly referred to as "Jackasses"...lol :curse:
lotta dead ladders and mattresses here, too.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
this might be a mod someone could create.
It might even sell better than the tailgate dampers.
Re: power fuel door lock- maybe for the Ultra Plutonium Plus package, have it keyed to the chip in your credit/debit card so that when you insert the card into the pump, the fuel door magically pops open.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excellent idea, or a sensor under the rear bumper in which you wave your foot like they have on some of their SUV's to unlock the tailgate latch.
Enhanced facial recognition software for the backup camera system. When it recognizes you coming toward the back of the truck carrying an object(s) with two hands, it automatically unlocks the tailgate and retracts the retractible cover and lowers the tailgate, assisted by the standard damper. Anyone it doesn't recognize it won't open.
$9995 plus shipping, installation, and tax. And whatever else I can think of. Send cash only. Due to the pandemic, shipping may be delayed for quite awhile.

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
COLORS! Make black and grey extra cost options for awhile
Can't agree more Ford's color choices are bland I want a nice green color like I've seen on a colorado not Green Gem like was on the F150 it looked black except in bright sunlight.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't agree more Ford's color choices are bland I want a nice green color like I've seen on a colorado not Green Gem like was on the F150 it looked black except in bright sunlight.
"Guard" is coming back on the 2021 F-150. It was a 2016-17 Explorer option and I think Superduty. the 2021 Ranger Configurator should be up on or after September 14th; the day the order guides hit the dealers. Hope Guard and/or Cactus Grey (Bronco & Bronco Sport) will be available on the Ranger. Job 1 is in December.
2021 F-150 in Guard. It looks satin finished in the configurator, but I think it will be glossy like it was before.
Ford Ranger Options to make the perfect next gen Ranger 2021 FordĀ® F-150 Truck | All-New And Tougher Than Ever

Sponsored

TheDo114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5th Gen 4Runner
To me the list is:

- 2.7L V6 availability
- 6 feet bed with the super crew
- fold flat back seat
- flat floor in the back
- option for vinyl flooring even in the higher trims

This would seriously make me reconsider the new Bronco as I will be a late buyer.

The new Ranger will probably be announced or leaked by the time I am ready to buy a Bronco and if these options are possible, it will be a tough choice to make. I guess Ford is the winner in all this since they will have my money either way ;)

Foolster

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac 2002 5 speed manual
Occupation
Farmer
To me the list is:

- 2.7L V6 availability
- 6 feet bed with the super crew
- fold flat back seat
- flat floor in the back
- option for vinyl flooring even in the higher trims

This would seriously make me reconsider the new Bronco as I will be a late buyer.

The new Ranger will probably be announced or leaked by the time I am ready to buy a Bronco and if these options are possible, it will be a tough choice to make. I guess Ford is the winner in all this since they will have my money either way ;)
I would like to second this list and add the seven speed manual from the Bronco behind the 2.7. I also need slightly better payload (one ton) and towing (8000). On one of our farms we have a F150 2.7. It is our favorite truck of all time. The 10 speed is the first automatic where I get better MPG than I think I would with a manual transmission. You can let the truck coast to a stop. The automatic drops in gears keeping the engine at idle minimizing fuel usage as you slow. The instrument panel tells me I am getting more than 29 mpg every time I drive it. We have hundreds of acres of orchard so a F150 is too wide. We really would like a narrow truck version of the F150.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I'm closing in on 10,000 miles on my new Ranger, and I still love it - it still brings a smile to my face when I drive it. With that said, there are some things that would make this truck a perfect vehicle for me. I'm hoping at least some of these can be incorporated into the next gen Rangers:
  • Locking gas door (with interior release latch)
  • 60/40 split rear seat - this has been talked about at length - while it hasn't really been a huge issue for me, it would be nice to have some options here
  • Rear seat fold flat - again, not a huge issue, but it would be nice to have some options here
  • Better under rear seat storage
  • 6 foot bed option - this was probably the biggest compromise I made when purchasing this truck - I really wanted to keep my 6 foot bed
  • Longer center console lid (or sliding lid - so you can easily rest arm on console and still steer comfortably)
  • Tailgate damper - this has been resolved by the aftermarket part, but it really should be standard equipment on higher trim levels
  • 120v Power in bed - not 12, but 120 - I know we have the in cab option which is nice, but it would be very useful to have it in the bed as well
  • Slightly less bounce but still make it a nice daily driver - I don't mind the bounce, but it would be nice if a slightly better middle ground could be found - this is really a nit for me.
  • Firmer brake pedal - Again, it doesn't bother me too much, but I can see what others have talked about for a long time - seems like it could be a bit firmer - this is another nit for me.
Many of these are VERY picky items - as I said, I love my new Ranger - it would just be nice to have a few more options in the next gen version. It will be interesting to see what the next gen version brings to the table in a couple of years.
I'm closing in on 10,000 miles on my new Ranger, and I still love it - it still brings a smile to my face when I drive it. With that said, there are some things that would make this truck a perfect vehicle for me. I'm hoping at least some of these can be incorporated into the next gen Rangers:
  • 60/40 split rear seat - this has been talked about at length - while it hasn't really been a huge issue for me, it would be nice to have some options here
  • Rear seat fold flat - again, not a huge issue, but it would be nice to have some options here
  • 6 foot bed option - this was probably the biggest compromise I made when purchasing this truck - I really wanted to keep my 6 foot bed
  • Longer center console lid (or sliding lid - so you can easily rest arm on console and still steer comfortably)
  • Tailgate damper - this has been resolved by the aftermarket part, but it really should be standard equipment on higher trim levels
  • 120v Power in bed - not 12, but 120 - I know we have the in cab option which is nice, but it would be very useful to have it in the bed as well
  • Slightly less bounce but still make it a nice daily driver - I don't mind the bounce, but it would be nice if a slightly better middle ground could be found - this is really a nit for me.
  • Firmer brake pedal - Again, it doesn't bother me too much, but I can see what others have talked about for a long time - seems like it could be a bit firmer - this is another nit for me.
Many of these are VERY picky items - as I said, I love my new Ranger - it would just be nice to have a few more options in the next gen version. It will be interesting to see what the next gen version brings to the table in a couple of years.
Hello all, this is my first post and I had to comment with total agreement about the lack of supercrew/longbed configuration on the 5th Gen Ranger. I have been pretty much obsessed with the 5th Gen Ranger since itā€™s development phase before it was available in foreign markets, let alone NA. My current daily driver is an ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew. Itā€™s been a great truck but after almost 19 years I have been ready for something new. As nice as the F-150 are, they have grown too big and expensive and are more truck than I need or want. I love the current Ranger and especially with the Tremor package coming in 2021 but the lack of a 6ā€™ bed halts any future purchase. Hopefully the next gen will check all of my boxes?

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I assume you meant 6' bed for the SuperCrew model; the SuperCab has a 6' bed.
But I agree with the rest of your points, especially for the fold flat rear seat. The current setup is a cheap out, inexcusable device

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I want all the options/luxuries that are available in every other segment.
Panoramic roof
Heated & Cooled seats
Full power seats, pedals, steering column, mirrors....WITH memory
360deg camera
Pro Trailer backup assist
Self parking
etc.

First manufacturer that builds a mid-size on par with other vehicle segments, gets my money
The mid-size truck market is the only segment that all manufactures dumb down.
I don't understand why.
Sponsored