• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Options to make the perfect next gen Ranger

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger 2AW & TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
why would you guys want a locking gas door? As for the dampened tailgate LOL that really cracks me up the thing weighs like 5 pounds and ppl are crying for a dampner. No offense I just find it comical. As for what I would want I would like the 2.7 V6 ecoboost option even though the 2.3 is a little beast. Also I miss the all 4 window auto up/down but that's just nitpicking.
Also a higher trim than Lariat would be cool like the Wildtrac or w/e its called overseas the seats in those are awesome.
They only look awesome I can tell you. At the end they are still ford seats also well known as garden chairs ;-)
Aaaand i am shure the panel would fit!
Sponsored

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wireless carplay and wireless charge...future ihonesmay not have any ports
I have wireless carplay... u dont have sync3 over there??? I want to have a SIMPLE button to shut the at night fing much too bright display off! And a heatable steering... even minicars have this nowerdays!

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 pinto V8, 1995 Mustang GT conv, 2019 SuperCab 2WD Ranger, 2016 Transit Connect
:party: U can have mine if I u give me ur tailgate :crackup:

seriously they did things wrong as they splitted in a world and a US ranger. I would be very happy to have the US fenders and the tailgate design but I am happy with my 3.2 5cyl diesel engine for example.

Edith says a locking gasdoor WITH a twistable cover would be a step foreward. The solution with that limp adapter for the canister is nothing like a bad joke!
Thing is.... diesels are far more popular in the EU than in the US.
If you drove the gas engine , you may not be so happy with the diesel, unless you just like slow.
I too would trust a real gas cap more.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I can't believe I'm the only one that can't do without a power moonroof. Like the power rear wind feature like my 3 Sport Tracs too.....
I won't buy a truck with a hole in the roof. One of the reasons I didn't get a tacoma. I've had vehicles with them in the past, never really used the feature, and don't want the added cost or failure point.

Sponsored

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why there isn't one just baffles me. My 2010 Ranger had one and I used it a lot.
They saved a few bucks, just like the 2 disappearing tie-downs. I ordered mine early enough that the spec sheet still listed a driver side handle. They probably decided that grabbing the steering wheel was sufficient, and for $20x80k they'd just drop it.

Tinsoldieroh

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had an'86, a '94, and an '05. Left with wife's jeep until the '19 arrives
Occupation
Retired
I have a fully loaded Lariat, Only 2 items would make this truck perfect ---- Power rear sliding window, even in my SuperCab you can't reach it from the drivers seat, and heated mirrors, I live in northeasten Ohio.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT sport 4x4, 2016 Ford Escape SE AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Director of Development / Residential Construction
I’ve heard a few state they want more than the 4 cylinder that the ranger has BUT you need to take another look at that motor.. it’s a few bolt-ons, 400 hp is do-able. With just a retune, you can get 350... with a waistgate and larger intercooler tunes, you’ll be surprised..
This is the same motor used in the rally cars turning out over 1000 hp...
I get a lot of you all wanting motor options, I get it. I did not buy the Ranger to lay rubber though. I'm happy with it, came out of a 5.7L HEMI Ram that passed everything but the gas pump. So in my case I was more looking for better mpg's, easier to park etc as a trade off for another Ram which would have been my 1st choice had I needed a V8 and/or full size again. Agreed it would be a bad A$$ 'lil truck with a beefy v6 or small 8 in it I bet you could shoehorn a 4.X liter in it...In the end its all marketing.

G’sgt350

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2016 Shelby GT350
I have a fully loaded Lariat, Only 2 items would make this truck perfect ---- Power rear sliding window, even in my SuperCab you can't reach it from the drivers seat, and heated mirrors, I live in northeasten Ohio.
No offence, I'm not implying that you don't know about your truck, but are you sure it doesn't have heated mirrors? My Lariat does even though it doesn't have the "heated" embossed in the mirror - it's parked inside so I haven't tested them, but I checked my window sticker and it lists them as being heated.

Sponsored

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No offence, I'm not implying that you don't know about your truck, but are you sure it doesn't have heated mirrors? My Lariat does even though it doesn't have the "heated" embossed in the mirror - it's parked inside so I haven't tested them, but I checked my window sticker and it lists them as being heated.
yup, they come on when you turn on rear defrost

Neil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Yep, BS. Subaru has lane assist AND heated mirrors (as I'm sure others do).
Yeah, that’s BS, cuz my wife’s ‘16 Edge has lane assist and heated mirrors...

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thing is.... diesels are far more popular in the EU than in the US.
If you drove the gas engine , you may not be so happy with the diesel, unless you just like slow.
I too would trust a real gas cap more.
yes ur right. But in the first line that is because of the prices. And because they told us 15years ago diesel is a good thing for the environment... For example we are at 1,45€ mid grade? 1,56€ Premium and just 1,25€ diesel per LITER today 1st Jan... but the times as a diesel in every case was slow are over since 20years. I am very happy with my not yet optimised 200hp and the short gearshift on the german autobahn :sunglasses: and with it.s torque towing a 3,5 ton trailer. What makes the ranger slow is the gearbox from stoneage. It feels like a joke to have to stir for the gears in a new car (2000miles) because of the poor design. In that case VW is a century further in development.

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
people have reported that the answer is no
Shure i have one. If it fits??? But the interior design is absolut similar so i would give it a try.

Last edited:

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The right-side screen is dedicated to phone/entertainment info and the space is poorly utilized and largely useless.

Come on, it’s 2020. The low-def backup camera is adequate, but why not high-def?

Oh, and glare from the license plate lights make backup camera difficult at night.
I am absolutely with you! The plate to camera dazzle is out of question. And the screen design and usability also.
Sponsored