• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ordered Maverick But Thinking Ranger

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
It’s definitely not a high rider and that’s been my challenge with mine. It’s quick and a blast to drive.
To be honest, other than the ride height, it’s a pleasure to own and for what I paid it’s a super value…nevertheless I am still considering the Ranger 😉
B705FD4A-8B59-4B6E-A0C0-F6DED2F613A1.jpeg
The build quality and paint looked good on the gray one I saw.

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
The build quality and paint looked good on the gray one I saw.
I have had zero issues with mine and the overall quality is what I would expect from a new vehicle. I still have tons of people ask me about it. The Falken Wildpeak Trails definitely give it a better look. The 245's gave me a little more ground clearance and definitely more grip than the horrible Pirelli OE TIRES. Definitely interested in the new Ranger but I am not in a position of need it's definitely a want at this point.

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their car's in the easiest way possible.
It’s definitely not a high rider and that’s been my challenge with mine. It’s quick and a blast to drive.
To be honest, other than the ride height, it’s a pleasure to own and for what I paid it’s a super value…nevertheless I am still considering the Ranger 😉
B705FD4A-8B59-4B6E-A0C0-F6DED2F613A1.jpeg
You're so right. While you've got a really great truck at a good price, a ranger is just so hard to resist...

richman555

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Occupation
Software Engineer
I am feeling the vibe of this thread. I think once you're up to a Maverick Lariat fully loaded you can totally start to think about a Ranger. Most disappointing thing with a Maverick is the highest trim doesn't feel all that premium for the extra money. It is a great value at the lower trims and maybe the Ranger will turn out this way as well.

Reactions: MJE

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I am feeling the vibe of this thread. I think once you're up to a Maverick Lariat fully loaded you can totally start to think about a Ranger. Most disappointing thing with a Maverick is the highest trim doesn't feel all that premium for the extra money. It is a great value at the lower trims and maybe the Ranger will turn out this way as well.
I'm all about the value in a configuration with enough utility to satisfy my minimal requirements. I went with Maverick XL with 2.0L, AWD, and factory 4K Tow package. $26k OTD. Added aftermarket bedliner and all-weather floor mats. It has some shortcomings that I can deal with, but if a Ranger XL can check a few more boxes I'll upgrade. I just want as little nannytech in the cabin, info reporting devices, and driving assistance as possible- I've been driving since 1973! We have a really nice 2018 F-150 XL Sport SCab with Coyote V-8 + 6.5' bed. If I can duplicate that utility in a 6G Ranger XL (minus the V-8 obviously) I'll be set for life. As with a few others here a new midsize is not a NEED for me, just a want so can easily stick with what I have if 6G pricing is crazy 🤪 My Maverick only has 250 miles from new and being kept under cover and I expect it will serve as most the $ towards a new 6G if I want it.
Ford Ranger Ordered Maverick But Thinking Ranger 004.JPG

Last edited:

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
I got the an XLT with the lux package, heated seats and steering wheel are a must for me…I don’t like the cold and I am non-negotiable on that. I added the sunroof, FX4, tow package, and rear slider. Basically, everything that you could order on an XLT. $32k out he door with taxes and the other stuff. I think that’s a damn good deal for what it have. Plenty good for me. My wife has an Edge Titanium with options galore. My opinion, if I am ordering it, I am getting what I want which is probably more than I need but I figure go big if you’re gonna do it. 😊😊😊😊
Sponsored