• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger keyless entry keypad question

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
I have seen that but it makes it more inconvenient and placing an electronic device with batteries that can leak, right where all the gas fumes are makes me a tad nervous.
I get it but these use a a button type battery (I can't remember which one exactly right now). While they can leak they're not as prone to leaking as a regular alkaline battery. I don't use one (pic is from a 5G member) but many on the forum do and have their placed there with zero issues. But there's always a chance.

Again, not my pic but you can disassemble them and change the battery out more frequently if you like.

Ford Ranger Ranger keyless entry keypad question 1685622596810
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
who knew, still doesn't interest me....I think I can unlock with my watch :)
Yeah I never got one either after seeing all the problems most had/have with theirs. They are good when they work. lol

I'm pretty sure you can do Siri short cuts. I use the Ford app sometimes but it's all dependent on a signal too.

Tony Sorrento

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Occupation
Auto Sales
Now that’s discreet! I’ll be moving mine to this location. The convenience of the keypad was too much for me to pass up.
My biggest regret when I ordered my Bronco ... i'll never make that mistake again

NC Spuds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Lexus RC 350, GMC Canyon Denali on order
Occupation
Seed potatoes
My biggest regret when I ordered my Bronco ... i'll never make that mistake again
I had a 2010 Platinum F-150 with the first edition of the keypad. Over 10 years and 250k miles on that vehicle I noticed my wife using the keypad as much, or more, than I did. I don’t have a keypad on my BMW, and miss the feature. I’ll also not make that mistake again! $95 well spent if you ask me.

I would also often use the keypad to lock the keys in the truck and leave it for a friend to use, or a vendor. In none of those cases would the app help out.

Sponsored

Monty

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Cyber Security
I've been told that the new 2024 Keypad, will be, up on the black part of the door and hardwired.

OP
OP
rwolfcastle

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
I've been told that the new 2024 Keypad, will be, up on the black part of the door and hardwired.
I wish that were true, but I don't think it is. Ford's options list when you order a 2024 allows you to order the keypad as "body colored", which means they're sticking it to the door. Unless they plan on changing that somehow, that would be most welcome.

Deleted member 7154

I had the keypad on my 5G Ranger and I'm planning on getting it on my 6G. Does anyone know if there are any security mechanisms around it?

The times I want to use it most are when hiking in the middle of nowhere and I don't want to have the huge key on me. I feel nervous doing that though, as I worry someone could break the glass and then with my key inside, steal the whole truck. Is this a legitimate risk or will the truck not start unless the code has been punched into the keypad?
No if they have key or fod they can take truck it only works the locks .,hide your key under seat or somewhere. You have to lock your doors using key pad by pushing the last 2 buttons at the same time . If you used your key doors unlock when you close them . If you have a fob bring foil to wrap it in so transducers dont read it in truck when you hide it .

davey690

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Sport Track
Occupation
Health and Safety
I’m surprised. I thought it was hard wired.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I’m surprised. I thought it was hard wired.
Some models like F150 and Explorer, it is. Bronco and Ranger is an optional add on.
Sponsored