• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger Raptor Allocations

Rangeover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
So most dealers in the country received 1 initial allocation for the Raptor.
Now that most of those are being built and delivered soon, what's next? Do we have any idea if dealers are gonna get a lot more of those or not?

I am trying to understand my chances to get a Ranger Raptor this year in 2024 and if I can't get one I will get a different truck.

It kind of puzzles me that Ford would not produce a lot more of Ranger Raptor. Demand and interest for the non Raptor is super low compared to the new Tacoma, but they would sell a lot of Raptor. And while it's understandable they keep the F-150 Raptor (and especially the R version) as a very limited vehicle to enhance hype, there is no sense in doing that with a $55K mid size Raptor. They are just hurting their sale opportunities.
Sponsored

Danimal

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Occupation
Pilot
I’ve been wondering the same thing as a newbie and late-comer to the 2024 RRaptor order list. I recently placed an order for a raptor in a small town outside of my major city-the dealer wouldnt tell me how many allocations they had but didn’t hesitate to take my order and deposit. I asked how many people they had on the list and they said around 15…I did receive an email from Ford stating they’ve received my order (along with an order ID), so the waiting begins. I realize many of you have been waiting since last summer so I guess we’ll see what happens…I’m not in a rush but sooner would be better for me

DBvelvet

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Occupation
Firefighter
I’ve been wondering the same thing. I found an unclaimed raptor allocation at a smaller local dealer that’s the color I want, but with some accessories I have no interest in. Not sure if I should jump on the unclaimed one or have some patience and order what I want exactly.

Craneop1972

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Z71
Occupation
Pimp
I’ve been wondering the same thing. I found an unclaimed raptor allocation at a smaller local dealer that’s the color I want, but with some accessories I have no interest in. Not sure if I should jump on the unclaimed one or have some patience and order what I want exactly.
If you want the truck, I’d take the allocation. If it’s not in production yet. It’s possible to change some of the options.

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
It kind of puzzles me that Ford would not produce a lot more of Ranger Raptor. Demand and interest for the non Raptor is super low compared to the new Tacoma, but they would sell a lot of Raptor.
Pretty sure the demand will go up alot once the 2.7L is available. Ford ins't worried I'm sure.

Sponsored

DBvelvet

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Occupation
Firefighter
If you want the truck, I’d take the allocation. If it’s not in production yet. It’s possible to change some of the options.
I’ll have to check on that. The salesman said its build date is 4/25, and the only suggestion he had was to remove them myself if I really wanted it.

Mikefili

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger, 2004 Ranger
Occupation
Construction
Now that most of those are being built and delivered soon, what's next? Do we have any idea if dealers are gonna get a lot more of those or not?

I am trying to understand my chances to get a Ranger Raptor this year in 2024 and if I can't get one I will get a different truck.

It kind of puzzles me that Ford would not produce a lot more of Ranger Raptor. Demand and interest for the non Raptor is super low compared to the new Tacoma, but they would sell a lot of Raptor. And while it's understandable they keep the F-150 Raptor (and especially the R version) as a very limited vehicle to enhance hype, there is no sense in doing that with a $55K mid size Raptor. They are just hurting their sale opportunities.
the purpose of the very low allocation numbers is to maintain the "limited availability"
and to allow dealers to scalp the trucks for what ever markups over MSRP the buyers are willing to pay

Chassis N2531

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
I predict Ford will produce over 5000 RR units this year, and there will be plenty available. Finding the right deal will be a challenge.

Craneop1972

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Z71
Occupation
Pimp
the purpose of the very low allocation numbers is to maintain the "limited availability"
and to allow dealers to scalp the trucks for what ever markups over MSRP the buyers are willing to pay
I don’t think that’s the reason for Ford having low allocation numbers on these trucks. I think there’s a low number of allocations because it’s an enthusiast vehicle. However the dealers are using this as an opportunity to take advantage of customers. Ford and the dealership are two separate entities. My 2¢

Mikefili

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger, 2004 Ranger
Occupation
Construction
I don’t think that’s the reason for Ford having low allocation numbers on these trucks. I think there’s a low number of allocations because it’s an enthusiast vehicle. However the dealers are using this as an opportunity to take advantage of customers. Ford and the dealership are two separate entities. My 2¢
Yes, we are not the customer, the dealership is

Sponsored

RacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I think the limited availability of 3.0, and late availability for 2.7 is to avoid large CAFE fines. The 3.0 is a big MPG hit over the 2.3.
Also why they extended wheelbase and track, as CAFE uses sq ft between the tires to match MPG targets. The larger the vehicle, the smaller the MPG target.

My guess is the 2.7 will be limited availability, too. Perhaps limited to retail orders and stock orders limited to the 2.3.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX

They have not announced how the next round of allocation will be made except to say it will be influenced by prior ranger sales, sales volumes, etc. But no info is known as to what this matrix will exactly look like or what carries the most weight in it yet, or how many allocations can be earned. I don't expect there to be a great number of allocactions this year as they are just trying to get the ranger builds and launch off of the ground.

Seems they for sure wanted to allow every dealer an opportunity at one to start with, before the earned allocation began. I could be wrong, but I don't anticipate that this will be a readily produced model due to its commodity needs and as to not bastardize the Raptor brand.

Last edited:

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
I went through a 2 year ordeal trying to get my Bronco.
Was not doing that again, and in the end I still went out and found my Bronco existing on a lot over 1000 miles away. Paid 2k over and 1200 shipping. There had already been another price increase that was pretty close to breaking even with the 2K over I paid vs MSRP on a new order that I still could not get placed. There were two more increase by the time my local dealer called with an allocation and ability to place my order. Net effect I own my Bronco for 2800 less then the order unit would have been priced at MSRP and that is including that 1200 shipping I spent.

So this time I searched nation wide from the start. Well my local dealer confirmed they had not allocations to place and order for me. I know to ask that question first now.

I found one with a sticker package and the upgraded wheels I didn't want, negotiated and paid 2k over, going to peal the stickers off and sell the rims on Ebay or something if I get around to it.

So If you have one located and it has a VIN and has been at least built with a window sticker they can show you, then if you can strike a decent deal your happy with, then I would go for it.

The whole crazy order and wait forever game, really sucks, and can cost more even if comparing an over MSRP a couple grand deal vs ordering one at MSRP.
I am betting these Raptors don't stay priced in the mid 50K range for long.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went through a 2 year ordeal trying to get my Bronco.
Was not doing that again, and in the end I still went out and found my Bronco existing on a lot over 1000 miles away. Paid 2k over and 1200 shipping. There had already been another price increase that was pretty close to breaking even with the 2K over I paid vs MSRP on a new order that I still could not get placed. There were two more increase by the time my local dealer called with an allocation and ability to place my order. Net effect I own my Bronco for 2800 less then the order unit would have been priced at MSRP and that is including that 1200 shipping I spent.

So this time I searched nation wide from the start. Well my local dealer confirmed they had not allocations to place and order for me. I know to ask that question first now.

I found one with a sticker package and the upgraded wheels I didn't want, negotiated and paid 2k over, going to peal the stickers off and sell the rims on Ebay or something if I get around to it.

So If you have one located and it has a VIN and has been at least built with a window sticker they can show you, then if you can strike a decent deal your happy with, then I would go for it.

The whole crazy order and wait forever game, really sucks, and can cost more even if comparing an over MSRP a couple grand deal vs ordering one at MSRP.
I am betting these Raptors don't stay priced in the mid 50K range for long.
No, but retail orders are price protected typically.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I predict Ford will produce over 5000 RR units this year, and there will be plenty available. Finding the right deal will be a challenge.
Doubt the plenty available will be accurate. My dealer has a 10 person wtg list. And this is before they are out there and seen by people.
Sponsored