• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger Raptor Availability Limited?

Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Obviously speculation but how limited will availability be to acquire one of these. I was lucky enough to snag a Bronco Raptor and that availability is quite limited. Many people were paying $30k-$50k over MSRP. I’m presuming it won’t be quite that bad for the Ranger Raptor. This would be a nice addition.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
My guess is if you order and wait, you can probably get it for MSRP. If you are buying off the lot, there will be a ADM.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
There have been quite a few Dealers that I talked to, when I was looking to get on a waiting list, who were up-front about that it'll have an ADM of $10k minimum.

Most of the ones that were going to honor MSRP already have long wait lists. I'm on the waiting list at 2 honoring MSRP and I'm crossing my fingers that I'll get lucky with one of them.

They're both smaller Dealers and their allocation is unknown and may not be that big. I'm in a decent spot at one of them and may be out of the first allocation on the other, but I may lose my spot at one due to people willing to pay 'extra' to get one first.
The chance of that happening is pretty high, since the RRaptor is kind of flying under the radar for most folks. Once it's officially revealed and it's specs known, I expect people and flippers, to swarm that Dealer.

OH3Cobra

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby, 2003 Cobra, 2002 Miata, 2013 SRT8 300
Occupation
Sales
Have an agreement at Sticker. I also bought my GT500 from same small dealer.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
This is no surprise. We learnt this with the Bronco release, where Ford started out saying they would honor the personnel orders. Then flip flopped saying dealers get first dibs.

Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
I have an agreement for msrp. It's a dealer I bought a lot of trucks from when I lived back east (along with my family and friends) so I'll have to make a cross country trip. But after the Bronco nightmare I'm not holding my breath as I've learned anything can and will happen.

I've called a few local dealers and so far all have said they'd be adding an ADM. One said $30,000 and I laughed at him and hung up! 🤦‍♂️

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
There will be Raptors for MSRP, you will just need to do the legwork to find them. Call around, and most importantly, build a relationship with a sales person. Let them know you are serious. Obviously, try local dealerships first, as they will be less inclined to charge an ADM if they know you'll be doing your overpriced oil changes with them.

I am fortunate that I live a block away from a high volume Ford dealership, so I've been building a relationship with a salesperson since when the global Raptor was announced. I check-in with him every couple months to just let him know I am still patiently waiting and the plan hasn't changed. Recently, I have been checking in a bit more frequently.

OP
OP

Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
The Bronco Raptor sales issue was eye opening. They were selling $30k-$50k near me (West Coast) and were going like hot cakes. I was able to get one at $10k from a dealer back East, family friend. He guaranteed me the first Ranger Raptor though haven’t discussed ADM yet. One of the dealers out here was quoting $30k and I just laughed.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
The Bronco Raptor sales issue was eye opening. They were selling $30k-$50k near me (West Coast) and were going like hot cakes. I was able to get one at $10k from a dealer back East, family friend. He guaranteed me the first Ranger Raptor though haven’t discussed ADM yet. One of the dealers out here was quoting $30k and I just laughed.
Yeah, I'm essentially out if there is an ADM. My budget is roughly MSRP + TTL. I don't have an extra 10-30k to pull out of thin air, and no do I want to make 1-3 years of payments to just pay off an ADM.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Yeah, I'm essentially out if there is an ADM. My budget is roughly MSRP + TTL. I don't have an extra 10-30k to pull out of thin air, and no do I want to make 1-3 years of payments to just pay off an ADM.
Same here and as much as I want one I don't need one. I've never paid msrp for anything before so even if it's $5K over I'm out. I want to fully retire (I'm semi retired now) soon and this would be a retirement gift for myself and I don't want to have to work any longer to pay for it. lol I'll most likely just keep my 5G a little longer and hold out for a PHEV Ranger if I'm hit with an ADM.

Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Same here and as much as I want one I don't need one. I've never paid msrp for anything before so even if it's $5K over I'm out. I want to fully retire (I'm semi retired now) soon and this would be a retirement gift for myself and I don't want to have to work any longer to pay for it. lol I'll most likely just keep my 5G a little longer and hold out for a PHEV Ranger if I'm hit with an ADM.
I hear ya. I think fortunately for us the timing may be on our side. Car prices are falling consistently for the past year now (returning to pre pandemic levels), supply chains are continuing to ease up, and interest rates are consistently going up for the foreseeable future. By the time, Ranger Raptor is delivered in summer 23, we should see the market a lot different than even what it is today.

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
I was promised the first Ranger Raptor order from the owner of our local dealership, but after thinking about it more I decided I'd rather have a Tremor.

I'm looking for a hunting truck that can carry a fully-loaded bed of gear (or elk) and pull a side-by-side across the Western US.

Based on other Raptor configurations, I'm guessing the payload, tow rating, and fuel economy will all suffer on the Raptor as compared to the Tremor.

I'm not willing to pay MORE for something that does LESS of what I will use it for.

OP
OP

Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Sounds like a full size makes a lot more sense in your situation. For me it would just be to much truck.

Hoping to acquire with minimal ADM from the same small dealer I purchased the Bronco Raptor from. Ranger Raptors won't have the same mark up the Broncos did. If they do, people are suckers. I am betting the production numbers will be much high for the Ranger than the Bronco Raptor versions.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
If they're watching the demand for the Ranger Raptor in other markets, they'd be smart to not limit the number they make too much, but we all know the 'commodity constraints' song & dance that's applied to everything.

The biggest hang up will be allocation and what formula they use to calculate how many of them Dealerships will get.
The majority of smaller Dealerships will get the short end of the stick while the bigger ones adding ADM will make out like bandits.

I'm on the list at 2 smaller Dealerships, so my chances at a first allocation may not be all that good. The only thing that would turn me away from the RRaptor is if Ford goes and slaps a $70k price tag on it. I'm not willing to pay that much for it, no matter how much I would like one.

OP
OP

Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
It is currently selling for $87k in Australia which equates to nearly $60k US. Once you add on options and taxes you will be over $70k best estimate. What else are we gonna spend it on. Plus, it has equity so you can sell and recoup some costs.
Sponsored