• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger Raptor = Bronco Raptor = 37" tires?

HBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I have some ocean front property in Arizona if you think the Ranger Raptor will have 37s.

Just because the BRaptor has 37s and the Ranger and Bronco share the same platform doesn’t mean jack for using the same tire size. All of the spy pics so far indicate it’ll have 33s. I wouldn’t be surprised if Ford offers a “35 Performance Package” like how there’s a 37 one on the F150 Raptor however.
Sponsored

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F350 6.7L; 2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
I have some ocean front property in Arizona if you think the Ranger Raptor will have 37s.

Just because the BRaptor has 37s and the Ranger and Bronco share the same platform doesn’t mean jack for using the same tire size. All of the spy pics so far indicate it’ll have 33s. I wouldn’t be surprised if Ford offers a “35 Performance Package” like how there’s a 37 one on the F150 Raptor however.

Whatever. Opinions are like vehicles, everyone has one.

The fact that the Bronco Raptor will have 37s should indicate there's a possibility of the Ranger being offered with them. And if the Ranger Raptor doesn't come with 35's it'll be the biggest mistake Ford will make with this truck

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
The fact that the Bronco Raptor will have 37s should indicate there's a possibility of the Ranger being offered with them. And if the Ranger Raptor doesn't come with 35's it'll be the biggest mistake Ford will make with this truck
Just remember that the Ranger Raptor is ours, not the US'. At this point in time you aren't even getting it (seems like you might later), so all bets are off. 33's are more than enough to put the Ranger Raptor a long way ahead of the competition it sees in every market that it is currently sold in. It's pretty obvious in this image that there is a large size difference between the two vehicle's tyres.

Ford Ranger Ranger Raptor = Bronco Raptor = 37" tires? 2023 Ford Ranger Raptor & Bronco Raptor Prototypes 2

Also these shots of the prototypes show it riding on identical wheels and tyres to my Ranger Raptor.

Ford Ranger Ranger Raptor = Bronco Raptor = 37" tires? Ranger_Raptor_teaser_camouflage

Last edited:
OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Yours" is what it was. It's a world-truck now for Ford.

And if they opt for 33" tires they'll be making a big mistake especially calling it a Raptor. A Raptor needs huge suspension travel designed for higher speed offroading and it needs ground clearance that is enhanced by 35" tires.

Those of you already letting Ford off the hook should they stick with puny 33" tires are making a big mistake calling it a Raptor

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco OBX 2Dr 2.7, '21 Ranger Tremor, '16 C7
Occupation
Engineer

And if they opt for 33" tires they'll be making a big mistake especially calling it a Raptor. A Raptor needs huge suspension travel designed for higher speed offroading and it needs ground clearance that is enhanced by 35" tires.

Those of you already letting Ford off the hook should they stick with puny 33" tires are making a big mistake calling it a Raptor
33s are not that small, and that is coming from a guy with 37s on a Gladiator.

I think they will be standard with 33s and have a 35" package with the same 315/70/17 BFG KO2s.

Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It already is a world truck, it's sold in over 100 countries. Offering it in the US does not make it a world truck, when it was already sold basically everywhere else Ford sells vehicles.

And if they opt for 33" tires they'll be making a big mistake especially calling it a Raptor. A Raptor needs huge suspension travel designed for higher speed off-roading and it needs ground clearance that is enhanced by 35" tires.
Is the current Ranger Raptor a mistake? It has not only 33" tyres, but also a 2L diesel engine which most people in the US do not think is fit for purpose at all, let alone in a Raptor. It already has long travel suspension (tyres don't make suspension travel further), 236mm in the front (+32%) and 290mm in the rear (+22%), % change over the standard Ranger.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Seeing how Rangers and Broncos are built on the same lines it would make sense also that part sharing during builds is possible. What ROW Rangers and US versions from what we have seen already anything could happen. If they put a coyote in a Ranger and or Bronco Raptor with said 37’s that would be pretty kick ass and sell to back order status in no time. It’s the CAFE crap that might keep this from being a reality though.

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It already is a world truck, it's sold in over 100 countries. Offering it in the US does not make it a world truck, when it was already sold basically everywhere else Ford sells vehicles.

Is the current Ranger Raptor a mistake? It has not only 33" tyres, but also a 2L diesel engine which most people in the US do not think is fit for purpose at all, let alone in a Raptor. It already has long travel suspension (tyres don't make suspension travel further), 236mm in the front (+32%) and 290mm in the rear (+22%), % change over the standard Ranger.

If it's "already a world truck" what will the new one be, a "real world truck?"

Calling a Ford truck a Raptor with 33" tires is silly - you know it and I know it. Just because the rest of the world doesn't seem to know a Ford Raptor has 35" tires (minimum) from the factory doesn't make 33" tires on a Ranger a Raptor.

The truck has to have improved suspension performance with longer suspension travel running at least 35" tires (or tyres for those of you who spell funny).

Defending 33" tires which are available on most any truck globally is silly

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seeing how Rangers and Broncos are built on the same lines it would make sense also that part sharing during builds is possible. What ROW Rangers and US versions from what we have seen already anything could happen. If they put a coyote in a Ranger and or Bronco Raptor with said 37’s that would be pretty kick ass and sell to back order status in no time. It’s the CAFE crap that might keep this from being a reality though.

And that's my point. Built on the same line using the same components including at least 35" tires.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Sponsored

Dr.Detroit

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FE Bronco 4 door (Lightning Blue Metallic)
Occupation
N/A
Whatever. Opinions are like vehicles, everyone has one.

why dont you buy a Bronco dude..? instead of comparing the two just buy the Bronco, it is obviously what you want..I love my FE..Now, I want a Ranger Raptor with 35"...the 37" are great for rock crawling not much else. I also wanted a Bronco pick up...but the ranger Raptor is an ok start. I would like the doors and top removable on the Ranger Raptor like the Bronco..So I understand where you are coming from. What what you are describing is a Raptor Bronco..and you are in luck, they make them.

Last edited:

LOBBS

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Quality Manager
I'd highly doubt 37s will be available from the factory on the Ranger Raptor. 35s, maybe, and most likely the F150 Raptor spec 315/70 KO2s, as an option for the US variant. Ford made some pretty significant changes to the F150 Raptor to allow for 37s as well as the Bronco. But those are intended primarily for the US market. 33s make more sense on a pickup intended for global sales just from an availability standpoint.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
The only ratio offered on the Ranger is the 3.73 Diff ratio. This will not be adequate for 37" tires. Where as the Bronco offers 4 different ratio's.

Dr.Detroit

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FE Bronco 4 door (Lightning Blue Metallic)
Occupation
N/A
The only ratio offered on the Ranger is the 3.73 Diff ratio. This will not be adequate for 37" tires. Where as the Bronco offers 4 different ratio's.
Agree, they make what this gentleman wants, he just doesn't understand not everyone wants what he does. Options for everyone..for the right price.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
That was my beef with 5G Ranger owners putting on 35" tires. The front M190 axle is designed for a 32" tire. The Raptor runs the M220 larger axles which can support a 37" tire. You will have to change the gear ratio. Bronco Raptor runs 4.70 gears.
Sponsored