• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger Raptor hold released today

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
I got one located and bought today. Or at least I have a deposit on it, and it is locked into me.
Mine shows build 02/23 the dealer tells me it shows an ETA on his system of 4/20.
That ETA would seem to track pretty well with shipping out on the 03/20.
Ford Ranger Ranger Raptor hold released today 1710971100232-3h-
Sponsored

songkajai

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rager Raptor on order
Occupation
Engineer
Within any of these large OEMs, there are so many legal hurdles for anything comms related, simply because there always someone looking for a handout and wanting to sue for the silliest of reasons. I agree, it would be nice, but there are comms & legal teams for a reason. And broadly speaking, the direction is never put anything in writing. Chances are, connected folks like All Terrain Nation hear what's actually true...and they do their best to curtail such rumors...but again, they are limited in what they can say or type.

Not sure what industry you work in, but I am sure you have giggled once or twice about something silly a customer did or said. I know I have. It's not disparage anyone. It eases the daily monotony.
Can confirm, many of these last comments are for the most part pretty close. The different departments are quit separated. The UAW people are very much on the outside and can't find out much outside their general area. Managers can find out if they really want to know and is not directly available to them on the computer rights/level they have.
As mentioned just recently a question came up to a manager, and guess what, looked at this forum first!
However will not ever write much back and if they do it is pretty easy to spot. Like any company you should not release any information you are not authorized to release. Some general information does get out but often is difficult to separate from rumors.
The truth is out there! LOL
Ford does have an official account on this forum and rarely post much and what they do is typically just a pointer to official information.

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
I got one located and bought today. Or at least I have a deposit on it, and it is locked into me.
Mine shows build 02/23 the dealer tells me it shows an ETA on his system of 4/20.
That ETA would seem to track pretty well with shipping out on the 03/20.
1710971100232-3h-png.png
Why not just wait for the one you had ordered instead of locating another?

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
Why not just wait for the one you had ordered instead of locating another?
I tried to order one, local dealer didn’t have an allocation to enter the order. They said it would be 2025, and got thinking that was all sounding like what went through trying to order my Bronco.
Finally gave up on the Bronco order and went out and found one and bought it. In that Bronco deal I found it in VA and shipped it to KS. Thinking since I had to go with plan B on the Bronco, I got thinking might as well skip the whole two year long trying to buy/order it, just move on to plan B now. Plus with not finding any info on when the 25 order bank was going to open, or when job 1 was going to be. Figured It could end up taking a year or more. Just didn’t have the patience for all that.

After seeing the press reviews early in in the week and researching it. Just caught the fever and went on the hunt.

FarelaneF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I was able to talk with some key people yesterday at MAP and can say they are cranking some trucks out! I wish I could go into all the details but I will say EVERY truck leaving the building has all of its parts on it once it leaves the building. The only thing not installed was bedliner which is done at a different building on the campus. I asked all the "Hold" questions and they have no idea where these rumors come from. I would say mostly from a friend of a friend and so on.
The men and women at MAP are doing a great job in a tough environment. They know the delays and would like to see the fruits of their labor enjoyed and used.
Asking a serious question, may come off as snarky but not intending to be... genuinely asking.

I saw my dealer's physical inventory sheet with my own eyes and the word "HOLD" next to my specific truck. That was all the info my dealer could wrangle for me... the truck was on hold but they didnt know why. A forum member recently witnessed their Ranger being delivered and he posted a photo of the interior of his truck with a tag hanging off the rearview mirror that literally said "hold" on it. Which questions specifically did you ask about the hold rumors?

The truck was built on 1.22 and the dealer expected it in on 2.15. Obviously, it never came and since then there has been no updates. If the hold was indeed for the press event I would say that was rather silly when they could have gotten a 2 month head start on shipping vehicles vs holding for a presser.

I have come to grips that whatever the reason all these trucks were held will likely never be public knowledge, but it is frustrating to see your truck built and know it is sitting somewhere for over 2 months without any explanation as to why and no expected delivery in sight as of yet.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bt_okst

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Asking a serious question, may come off as snarky but not intending to be... genuinely asking.

I saw my dealer's physical inventory sheet with my own eyes and the word "HOLD" next to my specific truck. That was all the info my dealer could wrangle for me... the truck was on hold but they didnt know why. A forum member recently witnessed their Ranger being delivered and he posted a photo of the interior of his truck with a tag hanging off the rearview mirror that literally said "hold" on it. Which questions specifically did you ask about the hold rumors?

The truck was built on 1.22 and the dealer expected it in on 2.15. Obviously, it never came and since then there has been no updates. If the hold was indeed for the press event I would say that was rather silly when they could have gotten a 2 month head start on shipping vehicles vs holding for a presser.

I have come to grips that whatever the reason all these trucks were held will likely never be public knowledge, but it is frustrating to see your truck built and know it is sitting somewhere for over 2 months without any explanation as to why and no expected delivery in sight as of yet.
100%. Mine has been in active status, but on hold since it was built Feb 20th. There was definitely a hold placed on many earlier builds, especially Raptors. Ford is never going to release why.

I'm assuming it was for the leaked tsb on here about sync4 issues. But I noticed once that was leaked, that subject went mute on here. I have a feeling it was accurate, but not info that was supposed to be out there.

Whatever the case, a hold has and does exist, we just will not ever know why at a 100% level.

But... better they catch something at the factory than have a ton of just released vehicles have to be immediately recalled.

This hold is fact, nit rumor, as any dealer with vinview can pull up the status of your order, see exactly where it is, and its current status. Mine still says on hold, on his access site and again has since Feb 20th.

Last edited:

All Terrain Nation

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Occupation
Media

I do know they have some plastic covers over the bed that was holding up trucks. Dealers were sent some info on that in early Feb. I did ask the question at the plant about software issues and I was told every truck that left the building was ready on that front.

bdginmo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2015 Ford Fusion Energi
Occupation
Software Engineer
My vehicle went in production on 1/17. I called the dealer last week and he said his tracking information says "hold" on it. I didn't see what he was looking at so I can't corroborate it. But that is the word he used. And based on the confused reaction he had when he looked it up I'm inclined to believe him. It would explain why my vehicle hasn't moved to the Built state going on 68 days now. I doubt I'll ever find out why it took so long to build my vehicle. I'll give it until day 90. If I don't hear from Ford by then I'll reluctantly cancel my order.

FarelaneF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I do know they have some plastic covers over the bed that was holding up trucks. Dealers were sent some info on that in early Feb. I did ask the question at the plant about software issues and I was told every truck that left the building was ready on that front.
Interesting enough, I ordered all options except the liner... Im here hoping its comes off hold soon.

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
My vehicle went in production on 1/17. I called the dealer last week and he said his tracking information says "hold" on it. I didn't see what he was looking at so I can't corroborate it. But that is the word he used. And based on the confused reaction he had when he looked it up I'm inclined to believe him. It would explain why my vehicle hasn't moved to the Built state going on 68 days now. I doubt I'll ever find out why it took so long to build my vehicle. I'll give it until day 90. If I don't hear from Ford by then I'll reluctantly cancel my order.
I have the same build date and still in production.

Sponsored

Cyder

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Nurse
I was able to talk with some key people yesterday at MAP and can say they are cranking some trucks out! I wish I could go into all the details but I will say EVERY truck leaving the building has all of its parts on it once it leaves the building. The only thing not installed was bedliner which is done at a different building on the campus. I asked all the "Hold" questions and they have no idea where these rumors come from. I would say mostly from a friend of a friend and so on.
The men and women at MAP are doing a great job in a tough environment. They know the delays and would like to see the fruits of their labor enjoyed and used.
That doesn’t explain why the earlier trucks are still not shipped. It’s frustrating when your truck is sitting in a lot with no updates available but is built since January yet people built in middle of February on are able to get all sorts of shipping and delivery updates.

All Terrain Nation

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Occupation
Media
That doesn’t explain why the earlier trucks are still not shipped. It’s frustrating when your truck is sitting in a lot with no updates available but is built since January yet people built in middle of February on are able to get all sorts of shipping and delivery updates.
It’s always like this with a new launch.. Happened to Maverick, Bronco, Lightning and Mustang.
1st built sadly doesn’t mean 1st shipped