• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger Raptor VS Braptor…deal of the century

Labradorguy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
A Braptor (Bronco Raptor) is $92,000 for FY24???? Are you $hitting me?

I am pretty happy I have my Ranger Raptor order locked in…for $58K!

Ford Ranger Ranger Raptor VS Braptor…deal of the century IMG_2020
Sponsored

ThickGatorade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Besides the engine and transmission, they’re not even comparable. The Ranger Raptor is the truck equivalent of a Bronco Wildtrak

OP
OP

Labradorguy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Besides the engine and transmission, they’re not even comparable. The Ranger Raptor is the truck equivalent of a Bronco Wildtrak
I guess I would disagree.

I get they are different categories…but I would not compare the Ranger Raptor to the truck equivalent of a Wildtrak Bronco.

I think the Braptor pricing has gotten out of hand. $92,000….just no way.

With that said, it must be working for Ford….so, it’s not for me to say. Good luck to both parties (Ford and consumers).

ThickGatorade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
I guess I would disagree.

I get they are different categories…but I would not compare the Ranger Raptor to the truck equivalent of a Wildtrak Bronco.

I think the Braptor pricing has gotten out of hand. $92,000….just no way.

With that said, it must be working for Ford….so, it’s not for me to say. Good luck to both parties (Ford and consumers).
Understandable. I am more biased coming from doing development with Bronco Raptors which was extensive and overkill work. The front knuckle, rotor, hub, and wheels are handed down from the F-150 Raptor. The shocks were retuned of course but they also come from the F-150 Raptor program. We had to use unique rear axles for the difference in bolt pattern. The extra cost of blending two platforms is just a sad by-product. The Bronco Raptor R will be quite a feat. Goal is 39” or 40” tires depending.

Not nearly the same extent of development was spent on the Ranger Raptor. Carryover this, lightly modify that. There was a lot that didn’t need to be done to produce what we are getting. Though this is my opinion from the development side of things. I’m excited for the Ranger Raptor but it is priced exactly where it should be. And I’m sure it will go up as well like the Bronco Raptor did.

Sponsored

DirtyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger
The Bronco Raptor R will be quite a feat. Goal is 39” or 40” tires depending.
Give it time, we could see a Ranger R with a n/a 5.0 Coyote on 35s/37s. Not betting my retirement on it, but...

yoopercharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford SVT Raptor
I still remember being in meetings when it was tossed around we put the 5.2L Carnivore in it 😂😂
Are you a Ford Performance Engineer or what? Are you guys hiring? 😆

Sponsored

ThickGatorade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
I'm just hoping someone in one of those meetings mentions "ventilated seats".
It chaps my soggy bottom that they offer it only on the Platinum model in Australia and none other.

When I get my Raptor I’m doing what I can to install them.

Reactions: MJE

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silverado 1500 LT in Glacier Blue
But with the Braptor you can have those plastic pool style fender flares!

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer

Rangeover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
this could not possibly more false.
The Ranger R has the same engine as the Bronco R, which is not comparable to the Wildtrak engine. It has the same suspension tech with fox live valve, and much much more travel than the Wildtrak at 12in rear and 10in front. That’s much closer to the Bronco R than the Wildtrak.

I agree with OP. The RR is a good deal.
Sponsored