• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger single cab

retired Navy

First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Occupation
retired
Any thoughts on a Ranger single cab for 2023?
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Im not really into single cabs, but I'm sure there is a market for them.

OP
OP

retired Navy

First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Occupation
retired
The question really is will Ford offer a single cab Ranger in the USA?
I know they have a limited market potential but I still like old school single cab short bed trucks.

Gazmic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
They are in Australia. I'm pretty sure they will come to the US. Most likely limited stock like the current gen. The local lots in my neck of the woods had about 10 super crews to every one super cab in 2019. Finding one spec'd out to my liking became so difficult I settled on a super crew. Would've liked the extra foot in the bed.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
Single cab or Regular Cab is a two door truck with a 7' bed. Usually, used as a work vehicle and can be purchased without a bed.
The Super Cab or SCAB is a two door truck with smaller rear doors with 6' bed. Super Crew or SCREW is a 4 door truck with 5' bed.
Both SCAB and SCREW will be offered. The new frame will be capable of using the single cab. We will have to see if it will be offered in NA.
A SCREW with a 6' bed will not be offered. The standard frame would have to be altered for that. Ford would be the only manufacturer to offer the Regular Cab

Attachments

Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
The single cab Rangers are pretty uncomfortable, the cab just isn't long enough. Tall (6'+) people struggle to fit in them, it's a choice between having the seat slid back as far as you can, and the backrest upright, or the seat further forward and having some recline.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
It looks like the single cab will be offered. I agree with Billy, the seats probably do not offer a lot of adjustment for the larger person. In XL trim you will be getting very basic seats.
Here in Aus. the single cab only comes in XL trim, and a very basic one at that. You can't have it with the V6 diesel, and you can't have it with a tub (only comes as cab chassis).

OP
OP

retired Navy

First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Occupation
retired
Nice picture of a single cab Ranger but that one is RHD and know they are manufactured in and supplied to other countries but not sure about the USA. Single cabs are not very profitable here so will have to wait and see. When buying my 20 Ranger the dealer told me they sell 5 super crews for every super cab sold. I would even consider selling my 22 Maverick and buy a reg cab Ranger but I would want more trim options than a basic XL work tuck.
Sponsored