• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Really?

Rda2w

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2019 BMW X3 M40i
Occupation
Engineer
Probably won’t see any of these trucks sold until the reviews are out in march.
What are the benefits to waiting for reviews? I keep hearing this but don't understand how it benefits anyone? What am I missing?
Sponsored

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
Your missing Ford wants their free publicity

Rda2w

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2019 BMW X3 M40i
Occupation
Engineer
I think they'd have more publicity sooner if the dealers and owners were taking delivery now while still having the media event in March. Maybe Ford will have more control of the reviews if they are all done from a closed/controlled test drive?

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
What's the mileage on it, after a certain mileage it considered used so I would want a big discount. :clap:
LOL. That threshold is a couple thousand. Not the less than 100miles (more like less than 50 miles) any new car gets between moving from the plant, to the lot, to the truck, to the next lot, to the next truck, to the dealer, to the dealer's lot, etc, etc.

Heck, dealers can put a few hundred "demo" miles on cars (sometimes over a thousand) and still retail it as a new car. Most of the time, the new vs used argument has to do with whether or not it was titled, registered and plated...not simply mileage.

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
I think they'd have more publicity sooner if the dealers and owners were taking delivery now while still having the media event in March. Maybe Ford will have more control of the reviews if they are all done from a closed/controlled test drive?
Chicken & the egg argument. They could deliver a couple thousand trucks this month to customers, but how many of those are on youtube and how many will actively comments/post/review the truck the way the press does?

Wait a month, get journalists into the trucks, let them get their videos and editorial content, then deliver to customers. One month isn't a difference for most people taking delivery. Developing a mass of press from both the media, youtubers, and customers is also a legitimate launch/marketing plan.

Remember...for all the talk of GM launching its twins, the press (positive or negative) hasn't been massive. Ford's only concern is probably the Tacoma, and rightly so. Seems like they're only 4-6 weeks behind Toyota on deliveries....again, that's essentially nothing in the automotive space.

Sponsored

Irony Guy

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Not OKTB yet!
To be honest all of these threads are just alot of noise until Ford actually issues the Okay To Buy.

You peeps on major centers are gonna see your vehicles long before me once they start shipping.

Scotty piffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 ranger lariat
Occupation
Sales
This is just like a football forum in the offseason, speculation and threads about a bunch nonsense

Mikknj

First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT Cactus Grey
This is just like a football forum in the offseason, speculation and threads about a bunch nonsense
I went through this with me Maverick in '21 -- it took for ever ages... and it was getting comical so these posts were good entertainment. And so again today!
Sponsored