• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

RealTruck Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau Cover

Ryno6

First Name
Ryno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350/22 ranger tremor
Part #92637 says it fits the Raptor 5’1” bed so I ordered one and it’s too short. It has about 1/4” gap at the tailgate and it wont be water tight. Anyone have the same tonneau cover or knows of one that fits?
Sponsored

ivotuk

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
IT
Have you talked to RealTruck yet? It seems that they should cover the cost of shipping for return...false advertising.
And they would probably love to know about any defects, as reputatoin is everything these days with Amazon monopolizing online purchases and delivery.

GrumpyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger
Thanks for posting, I was just about to place an order.
Let us know how they correct or what they say.

-jw

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Mine fit well. It a version of Extang 2.0 Solid Fold and it was way cheaper here in Canada.

Ford Ranger RealTruck Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau Cover Tonneau cover tailgate open

Ford Ranger RealTruck Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau Cover Tonneau cover tailgate

James D

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT FX4, 2022 Jeep Compass
Occupation
Retired
Part #92637 says it fits the Raptor 5’1” bed so I ordered one and it’s too short. It has about 1/4” gap at the tailgate and it wont be water tight. Anyone have the same tonneau cover or knows of one that fits?
What about the deep gap caused by the difference in height from the side rail covers to the bulkhead? I was told they addressed that issue with a bigger rounded weather-strip. Is this true?

Sponsored

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
What about the deep gap caused by the difference in height from the side rail covers to the bulkhead? I was told they addressed that issue with a bigger rounded weather-strip. Is this true?

5G had the same gap and at that time those covers came with a filler strip, mine was a strip of aluminum, so it would be a good guess that they'd do the same now, but ya never know.

James D

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
5G had the same gap and at that time those covers came with a filler strip, mine was a strip of aluminum, so it would be a good guess that they'd do the same now, but ya never know.
Yeah my cover was delivered yesterday and they now include a sticky back weather strip about 3/4 to an inch thick. It should work good.

OP
OP
Ryno6

Ryno6

First Name
Ryno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The weather strip on mine would be more than half off the bulkhead to be able to get tailgate sealed properly for no leaks. I’m still trying to return it but they want lots of pics.

OP
OP
Ryno6

Ryno6

First Name
Ryno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It does come with one but with my cover it fits as it should but the weather strip on front and back of cover needs to be moved more towards the ends of cover. The way it is now there is a gap at tailgate that won't keep water out.

OP
OP
Ryno6

Ryno6

First Name
Ryno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It does come with one but with my cover it fits as it should but the weather strip on front and back of cover needs to be moved more towards the ends of cover. The way it is now there is a gap at tailgate that won't keep water out.
I want to add that the locking pull down handles won’t pull down far enough to lock under bed cap.

Sponsored

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
I want to add that the locking pull down handles won’t pull down far enough to lock under bed cap.
Just spitballing here, but Im wondering if they sent you a 5G model? I only say that as I transferred the one from my 2019 and this was the key issue, I had to modify the hold downs to account for the extra depth of the inner rail. I did have to do some tweaking to get it right at the tailgate too, but with the bulkhead strip installed it was no issue.

OP
OP
Ryno6

Ryno6

First Name
Ryno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just spitballing here, but Im wondering if they sent you a 5G model? I only say that as I transferred the one from my 2019 and this was the key issue, I had to modify the hold downs to account for the extra depth of the inner rail. I did have to do some tweaking to get it right at the tailgate too, but with the bulkhead strip installed it was no issue.
Not sure if it’s a 5G but the serial tag has it at item #62637 which is supposedly the correct one. It’s possible it could’ve been marked wrong 🤷🏻‍♂️

James D

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the heads up about the fit. I will definitely lay it out and check before clamping it down. As far as the pull down handles mine came with a bracket kit to accommodate them. I'll see if I have a problem.

James D

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the heads up about the fit. I will definitely lay it out and check before clamping it down. As far as the pull down handles mine came with a bracket kit to accommodate them. I'll see if I have a problem.
I finally got around to checking the fit and it is just like you said. With the front seal lined up exactly with the bulkhead there is a small gap at the tailgate. It's going back.
I finally got around to checking the fit and it is just like you said. With the front seal lined up exactly with the bulkhead there is a small gap at the tailgate. It's going back.

OP
OP
Ryno6

Ryno6

First Name
Ryno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

It’s been over a week now and still don’t know if I get a refund. I’ve sent pics like they asked for, they wanted more pics, I’ve sent them and haven’t heard anything.
Sponsored