• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Report: 2022/2023 Ranger PHEV hybrid is coming

OP
Scooter

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
I have feeling the PHEV will not be available on the Ranger Super Cab model. I have no use for a Crew Cab.
If this is the way it will be i may be looking back at the Bronco 4 door.

Rather than a stand-alone model, the F 150 hybrid system is an option, which Ford calls PowerBoost. It’s on crew cab models only, available on every trim, including the base XL that was initially going to be fleet-only. The system self-charges through regenerative braking and engine power, and you don’t plug this truck in.

Pickup Truck Review: 2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Hybrid | Driving

the1mrb

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.fuelly.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have feeling the PHEV will not be available on the Ranger Super Cab model. I have no use for a Crew Cab.
If this is the way it will be i may be looking back at the Bronco 4 door.

Rather than a stand-alone model, the F 150 hybrid system is an option, which Ford calls PowerBoost. It’s on crew cab models only, available on every trim, including the base XL that was initially going to be fleet-only. The system self-charges through regenerative braking and engine power, and you don’t plug this truck in.

Pickup Truck Review: 2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Hybrid | Driving
You have no use for the 4 doors of crew cab Ranger, so will instead look into a Bronco, with less capacity, which also has 4 doors? Not sure I understand the logic there.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT || 2015 Fusion Hybrid
This article is about the Aussie version of the 2022 Ranger but it provides some interesting insight about what we can expect for the North American version.

the1mrb

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.fuelly.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Texasota

First Name
Al
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT || 2015 Fusion Hybrid
It isn't the main point of the article, but it's in there.

1617302771643.png
Yes, this is the first article I've seen that indicated the Ranger PHEV will be available globally. Everything else I've read so far, was only confirming it for Europe.