• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

rough ride on smooth roads particularly from the rear, tyres out of round?

Fatboy

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger raptor 2022
Occupation
Sales
I have don't about 3000kms now hoping that it would get better but my car is incredibly rough ie it feels like I am on a rough road with the back wobbling up and down even when I am on a smooth road. If you take your foot of the accelerator and coast it is still the same.
I can feel it start at 10kph and remain up unto about 90kph.
I have done the hill start and no shudder on the drive line.
My guess is that the tyres have some deformity however Ford won't look at it further as they are saying it is just a drive characteristic. They did swap the tyres from front to rear and told me they checked the balancing ( tyres are factory KO2 in Australia ).
I would agree if it were just something like firm suspension but not a wobbly like feel and how can a drive characteristic start at 10kph even when you let the car accelerate without even touching the accelerator.
The car also feels weird when you are just coasting, almost like the brakes are being applied slightly. Basically it is like the car does want to coast smoothly.
I have been back to Ford 5 times and although they admit they can feel the vibration etc they are saying there is nothing that can be done about it.

Is anyone else having these issues ? Go and test your car on a perfectly smooth road
Sponsored

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 135i, '19 Rangie Sport, '23 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I can't help you other than to say that there was a guy on one of the Australian FakeBook groups who had an issue with a manufacturing fault that meant that his car was on a permanent tilt. I think it might have been a faulty shock... That could also be your problem.
You could try to buddy it up with a suspension place that has a shock tester and get them to test it for you. I think there might be ones who can do it without removing the whole suspension - just drive on - but I've never done that before so I don't know for sure.