• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

SABER Ranger Club Thread

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab Saber FX4
Occupation
Engineer
NICE!! That would have been fun....

On a completely unrelated note - I've changed over to running non ethanol gas in all my "occasional" engines (lawn mower, weed wacker, chainsaw, pressure washer, etc). It has saved me multiple issues. Before when using ethanol I would be cleaning out fuel systems or replacing gummed up carbs regularly. The gas is more expensive, but it it WELL worth the money, IMO. I'm fortunate to have two places close by that sell it.
Never thought of that, might try it. For the small engines (snowblower, weed trimmer), I've always just shut off the gas and let the carb run dry to avoid too much gumming up, especially when I know I might not be using it for several weeks. It works, but is kind of a hassle, and you don't want to leave it dry for too long -- I always run the snowblower a few times during the summer. We're in a sparsely populated area, so I'm, not sure where to find non-ethanol fuel, but it sounds like it might be worth a look.

I've given up on chainsaws, LOL. We use them about once a year, which makes them a pain to keep in good running condition, so we just rent them now.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Never thought of that, might try it. For the small engines (snowblower, weed trimmer), I've always just shut off the gas and let the carb run dry to avoid too much gumming up, especially when I know I might not be using it for several weeks. It works, but is kind of a hassle, and you don't want to leave it dry for too long -- I always run the snowblower a few times during the summer. We're in a sparsely populated area, so I'm, not sure where to find non-ethanol fuel, but it sounds like it might be worth a look.

I've given up on chainsaws, LOL. We use them about once a year, which makes them a pain to keep in good running condition, so we just rent them now.
You might be surprised - it seems like it is becoming more common to see it being offered at gas stations.

As a side benefit - I've noticed the engines actually run better with the non ethanol - my old chainsaw used to have a hard time idling for any period - with the non ethanol, it runs GREAT.

Edit: I just googled "where to find non ethanol gas" and it came up with a few stations near me - that might a good spot to start. The other thing I found was this site:

https://www.pure-gas.org/

It has all the stations I know about locally that offer it, so that sounds promising as well.

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Another thing I've noticed as a benefit to our color choice, is that the Saber color seems to be one of the best for not showing winter coatings. The salt just adds a bit of lighter color to it, and the sand blends right in. It all just gives a more faded color and a bit more texture. haha
It's really an awesome color. I'm not surprised Ford used it pretty extensively in their advertising, though it seems they're mixing it up more now. I'm glad they carried it over for 2020 - I was wondering if they would because at least around here in most of CA, you don't see many Sabers on dealer lots and I think I've only ever seen one other on the road. The dealers seem to think it's a "risky" color or something and mostly stick to the various shades of non-color (white, silver, gray, black) and occasional a blue or red one.

Once in a while, I find a Saber buddy to park next to even if it's not a Ranger :D ...

Ford Ranger SABER Ranger Club Thread saber_small

Last edited:

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
You might be surprised - it seems like it is becoming more common to see it being offered at gas stations.

As a side benefit - I've noticed the engines actually run better with the non ethanol - my old chainsaw used to have a hard time idling for any period - with the non ethanol, it runs GREAT.

Edit: I just googled "where to find non ethanol gas" and it came up with a few stations near me - that might a good spot to start. The other thing I found was this site:

https://www.pure-gas.org/

It has all the stations I know about locally that offer it, so that sounds promising as well.
Whad'ya know, there's one in Gardnerville and one in Carson City! We go through there a fair amount this time of year. I'll try it out :)

Do you think it would still benefit from Sta-bil just for longevity?

Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whad'ya know, there's one in Gardnerville and one in Carson City! We go through there a fair amount this time of year. I'll try it out :)

I don't use any stabilzer with the non ethanol. You can't keep it in the tank FOREVER, but it still seems fine after a year or even two.

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I don't use any stabilzer with the non ethanol. You can't keep it in the tank FOREVER, but it still seems fine after a year or even two.
Sounds good, I'll definitely try it out - might even make owning s chainsaw worth it again ;)
I don't want to spend too much time off-topic, but thanks for pointing this out!

Last edited:

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
It's really an awesome color. I'm not surprised Ford used it pretty extensively in their advertising, though it seems they're mixing it up more now. I'm glad they carried it over for 2020 - I was wondering if they would because at least around here in most of CA, you don't see many Sabers on dealer lots and I think I've only ever seen one other on the road. The dealers seem to think it's a "risky" color or something and mostly stick to the various shades of non-color (white, silver, gray, black) and occasional a blue or red one.

Once in a while, I find a Saber buddy to park next to even if it's not a Ranger :D ...

saber_small.jpg
I agree....I know of only 4 in the Augusta, GA area. I own one (but ordered a 2wd first). So that is 2 because of me. The other 2 were on a couple of other dealers lots in our area, and that was early in the year, but yet to see any more.

I love the color and everyone who sees it likes it too. Not sure why dealers refuse to order it.

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I agree....I know of only 4 in the Augusta, GA area. I own one (but ordered a 2wd first). So that is 2 because of me. The other 2 were on a couple of other dealers lots in our area, and that was early in the year, but yet to see any more.

I love the color and everyone who sees it likes it too. Not sure why dealers refuse to order it.
Yeah, it's kind of weird, especially since Saber was the most featured color in Ford advertising initially. Maybe it's more popular in some regions, dunno.

An interesting side note is that because we wanted a Supercab XLT, we needed to custom order it, since Supercabs were also pretty rare on dealer lots other than a few XLs. When it finally came in, I got a call from the salesman (who was actually a pretty nice and helpful guy) and he was ecstatic! He couldn't stop talking about how nice the color was ;) This was already July and it turned out that ours was the first Saber Ranger that they had sold!

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 pinto V8, 1995 Mustang GT conv, 2019 SuperCab 2WD Ranger, 2016 Transit Connect

My Toro stuff advises Stabil in every tank of fuel, I kinda did that on the first season About 10 years ago.

Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Toro stuff advises Stabil in every tank of fuel, I kinda did that on the first season About 10 years ago.
I believe that is because it is assuming ethanol. If ethanol, it is absolutely required. That is why I like the non ethanol - it isn't required.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150

Just one reason i ordered mine.

I got the color and options that I wanted, not settling for what the dealer had.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing

I got the color and options that I wanted, not settling for what the dealer had.
Exactly!

I went to a Ranger Drive Event in Atlanta last December and they had all colors. All of them were Lariat's of course and 4wd. After liking the Saber color in the brochure, I REALLY fell in love with it in person. I had already ordered a 2wd Saber Ranger before going to the event. After driving a 4wd, I went back to my dealer and changed to a 4wd.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor

I was lucky as one local dealer had exactly what I would've ordered from the color down to every option. I've ordered many trucks before and while it's nice getting everything you want it's the waiting that kills me lol :)

4X4 GGG

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Just picked up my ranger on Friday and immediately went to find some snow. Love the color with the magnetic rims. My leveling kit arrived yesterday and will be going on this weekend.

Ford Ranger SABER Ranger Club Thread 20191228_152803_HDR

Ford Ranger SABER Ranger Club Thread 20191228_152718