• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Spacers & ECU Flash for 2023 Ranger Raptor

RaptorRo

First Name
Paul Mihai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Manager
Hy
I’m the happy owner of a ‘23 Ford Ranger Raptor in Conquer Grey . I live in Romania Europe . Since i’m new to this car and scene i wanted to ask about the wheel spacers . I wanna use them strictly for looks . Are they reliable ? I heard that if you use them you can damage the wheel bearings !
Second question is about the ECU Flash . Since I’m in Europe we have only 292 HP . Is there any other way to release the remaining 100 HP ? USB with a chip ?

Ford Ranger Spacers & ECU Flash for 2023 Ranger Raptor IMG_3826
Sponsored

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 135i, '19 Rangie Sport, '23 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
In Australia, wheel spacers are illegal though some people don't seem to care and just use them anyhow. I believe in Germany they have TUV approved wheel spacers so maybe you will be OK in Romania.
Wheel spacers will put more load on your wheel bearings and probably a whole lot more but it is no different from fitting wheels with greater (numerically lower) offset.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
In Australia, wheel spacers are illegal though some people don't seem to care and just use them anyhow. I believe in Germany they have TUV approved wheel spacers so maybe you will be OK in Romania.
Wheel spacers will put more load on your wheel bearings and probably a whole lot more but it is no different from fitting wheels with greater (numerically lower) offset.
I agree with Peter's sentiments, wheel spacers are not an ideal solution.

Second question is about the ECU Flash . Since I’m in Europe we have only 292 HP . Is there any other way to release the remaining 100 HP ? USB with a chip ?
There currently is no way of re-flashing the ECU due to the high level of encryption used, plenty of places are working on it but have had zero success so far. To do so would also render your vehicle non compliant with emissions and would likely be illegal.

Dansage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Next Gen Raptor
Occupation
Na
DTUK have tuning boxes now in stock for the next gen Europe raptor

Sponsored

Jungle Bill

First Name
Willem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 RANGER V6 WILDTRAK
Occupation
Retired
Hi Peter, what is the wheel (rim) width and off set on the 2023 next gen Ranger Raptor ? I cannot find these specs anywhere, +55 maybe?

Jungle Bill

First Name
Willem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 RANGER V6 WILDTRAK
Occupation
Retired
Hy
I’m the happy owner of a ‘23 Ford Ranger Raptor in Conquer Grey . I live in Romania Europe . Since i’m new to this car and scene i wanted to ask about the wheel spacers . I wanna use them strictly for looks . Are they reliable ? I heard that if you use them you can damage the wheel bearings !

IMG_3826.jpeg
Hi Paul,
What is the actual wheel size (diameter and width) on your Raptor and more specifically the OFF SET.

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 135i, '19 Rangie Sport, '23 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Hi Peter, what is the wheel (rim) width and off set on the 2023 next gen Ranger Raptor ? I cannot find these specs anywhere, +55 maybe?
The standard wheels are 8.5"x17" with a +55mm offset (note: this is from memory - the 17" and +55mm offset are correct but I must admit I am struggling to be 100% confident in the 8.5" part).

I believe there is a Bronco wheel (Sasquatch pack) that is +30 which would be an ideal match for the RR.

Jungle Bill

First Name
Willem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 RANGER V6 WILDTRAK
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for your update. Enjoy your Raptor. Awesome machines.

Ivan Baez

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ranger raptor
Occupation
Harman
hi, there are a few chip options available in europe for the ranger. you can try one of these. In europe you can check racecip or P-tronic they are both piggy back style chips, not ECU reflash. In NA im using JB4 and it works great on my raptor.

For spacers you can do ir of course, I would just suggest to het goo brand spacers like eibach or H&R and not go crazy, maybe 20-25mm max, and you should be more than fine.

I have a set of 20mm eibach spacers waiting to be intalled for my RR.
Sponsored