• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Sync 12" Screen Freezing up. - Fixing in Progress

Stitsch1618

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor New Gen
Not sure if some others have experienced also the Freezing up of the 12" sync Screen?
My Ford dealer is trying to pin the issue down - no luck so far - but we are on it.
Randomly the Screen Freezes up and the Off road features like Trail assist , Locking / unlocking of the Differentials can not be accessed / operated anymore.
One has to turn the engine off, lock the door and wait at least 5 minutes - normally it works after this routine.
Sometimes not and you have to get a coffee or something else to get the time passed.
Amusement with the Rubicon drivers is guaranteed.

Hope we find a solution soon :)

Anyone similar issue?

Ford Ranger Sync 12" Screen Freezing up. - Fixing in Progress 20230616_090032
Sponsored

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
If you wanted to speed up the process, try disconnecting the battery, wait about 20 seconds, then reconnecting. That should reboot the system in under 2 minutes.

yoopercharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford SVT Raptor
Sorry I can't help you resolve the issue, but this is exactly why important vehicle controls should have hard buttons. Pretty lousy design choice on Ford's part.

nik

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Raptor
I haven't had a frozen screen on my Raptor however I caught some glitching on the way to the dealership for some other faults .

This happened whilst I was driving, the screen would flicker then go off then on again.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stitsch1618

Stitsch1618

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor New Gen
Quick Update on this topic.

After a second appointment the "reverse Break assistant not available" got fixed - recalibration. Also during this visit to the Ford dealer, Ford came to the conclusion
that my 12" screen unit will be replaced. - waiting for the appointment.

BTW. did anyone figure out how "soft reset" this Sync 4a 12" unit ?

richman555

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Occupation
Software Engineer
I haven't had a frozen screen on my Raptor however I caught some glitching on the way to the dealership for some other faults .

This happened whilst I was driving, the screen would flicker then go off then on again.

Does it only happen when using Apple Car play? Is it wireless or wired?

OP
OP
Stitsch1618

Stitsch1618

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor New Gen
Quick Update - to soft reset your Sync4a 12"
And apparently we will get OTA Update of Sync 4 here in Europe in the next 2 Months. At least i was told how to soft reset in the meantime. Lets wait and see if the Update will fix it.
Ford Ranger Sync 12" Screen Freezing up. - Fixing in Progress New_Gen_Ranger_Raptor_softreset_Sync4a
Sponsored