• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

The wait is over

Rda2w

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2019 BMW X3 M40i
Occupation
Engineer
After 8 months it is finally here. During post-delivery inspection the only things I found were the hood alignment and the white foam between the cab and bed. The dealer had a notice form Ford about the foam and instructions to remove it. Everything was perfect when I picked it up.

Ford Ranger The wait is over IMG_2723

Ford Ranger The wait is over IMG_2722

Ford Ranger The wait is over IMG_2724

Ford Ranger The wait is over IMG_2726

CherryCoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 ranger, 94explor, 16 Focus RS, 21 Bronco, 24 RR
Occupation
Drinking CherryCoke
After 8 months it is finally here. During post-delivery inspection the only things I found were the hood alignment and the white foam between the cab and bed. The dealer had a notice form Ford about the foam and instructions to remove it. Everything was perfect when I picked it up.

IMG_2723.jpeg

IMG_2722.jpeg

IMG_2724.jpeg

IMG_2726.jpeg
That took a while. We have the same blend date and mine was on hold as well. Just like many Feb blend dates builds. Mine didn't show up until mid April in Wisconsin.

OP
OP
Rda2w

Rda2w

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
That took a while. We have the same blend date and mine was on hold as well. Just like many Feb blend dates builds. Mine didn't show up until mid April in Wisconsin.
Yeah, they must have shipped about the same time. The weird thing was it arrived unannounced. I checked the tracker, chat and the dealer that morning and all showed it still in production and held at MAP. Then that afternoon I got the call that it arrived. I checked the tracker again and it was still showing it was in production. Unfortunately, I was 5 days into a month of travel so had to wait another 3 weeks. My dealer was great and tucked in away till I returned so I got to see it just like it came off the truck. I’ll say the wait was worth it. This thing is a riot to drive.

DMC

First Name
DMC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang convertible

IMG_2723.jpeg

IMG_2722.jpeg

IMG_2724.jpeg

IMG_2726.jpeg
It would be good to know exactly what instructions the dealer got about the foam. There has been a TON of talk on here about it and the consensus seems to be that it is supposed to be there. Do you know what Ford said about it?

OP
OP
Rda2w

Rda2w

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
It would be good to know exactly what instructions the dealer got about the foam. There has been a TON of talk on here about it and the consensus seems to be that it is supposed to be there. Do you know what Ford said about it?
Only that it said it should be removed after shipping. He showed it to me but I didn’t read it. It was a bulletin about a half page long.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger

IMG_2723.jpeg

IMG_2722.jpeg

IMG_2724.jpeg

IMG_2726.jpeg
Sweet ride! Welcome to the Ranger Family :sunglasses:

CherryCoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Drinking CherryCoke
What foam? When the truck arrives? Lol Idk 🤷‍♂️ anything about it.

CherryCoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Drinking CherryCoke
Yeah, they must have shipped about the same time. The weird thing was it arrived unannounced. I checked the tracker, chat and the dealer that morning and all showed it still in production and held at MAP. Then that afternoon I got the call that it arrived. I checked the tracker again and it was still showing it was in production. Unfortunately, I was 5 days into a month of travel so had to wait another 3 weeks. My dealer was great and tucked in away till I returned so I got to see it just like it came off the truck. I’ll say the wait was worth it. This thing is a riot to drive.
Mine arrived unannounced as well. Dealer had no idea, gave me a call and texted me a picture. They didn't have it for long because once asI had them Line-X the bed and Line-X Valugaurd the whole underbody. Once it came back from the vender I picked it up the next day.

I got lucky because I couldn't have gone any other week as I was driving there and back.

My tracker never switched to shipped. It only updated after it was already there to final prep.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My truck has the foam between the bed and cab still. Did my dealership mess up? Should I bring my truck in to have this foam removed?
Seems like just about everyone else still has that piece of material there after taking delivery from other threads on the same topic. Until we see the referenced dealer bulletin that says you can remove it, I'm not going to touch it.

Sponsored

FossIsleBC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger XL
Picked my Ranger up today. I’m in Canada. Noticed there was no foam between bed and cab as others have described and asked dealer about it. He said it was to be removed and they did.

LOVE this truck btw. Ford did a great job imo and the drive home was a pleasure.

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
Seems like just about everyone else still has that piece of material there after taking delivery from other threads on the same topic. Until we see the referenced dealer bulletin that says you can remove it, I'm not going to touch it.
Mine does not have any foam between the cab and bed.
Sponsored