• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

[US] Fail to Plan = Plan to Fail. What are you doing to secure a 2024 RRaptor

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
I'm not doubting they'll eventually have some sitting on dealers lots but I would count on it for several years. The F150 Raptor has been out so long now that it's "newness" has kind of worn off. I haven't been on the Bronco forum much at all but just went over there and found this thread on the BRaptor. It's already in it's second year and it looks like there's still very long lists to get them. Good luck finding one sitting with no markups. Then there's a whole bunch (myself included) on R5G who think the 6G is hideous and would only consider a Raptor. I guess if someones willing to wait 3+ years for one you might see them on some dealers lots but I already played that (Bronco) game. Heck IF I get one soon in 3 years I'll probably be looking for something else as I rarely keep anything that long. lol

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...duction-run-expected-for-bronco-raptor.68438/
The Bronco and the Bronco Raptor was released in the worst possible time probably in the history of cars. I'm not even talking about just the pandemic, but the fact that loans were basically free and given to anyone. The government was also giving away money to boost an economy that in reality, didnt need to be boosted. And if that weren't enough, Ford did the worst possible job of the rollout.

As mentioned before, times are changing, and by the time we even see a unit landed, it may even be more dramatically different than today. Heck, Ford might have even learned their lesson from the Bronco this time around lol.

I think we are pretty much on the same page here. Yes, like all new things with any sort of enthusiast following, theres going to be a bottleneck in the beginning. And there's going to be a ton of variables in play from situation to situation. I think geography, will play a big factor. If you live in a huge city, and have 15 Ford dealerships within 75 miles, you'll probably have a easier time than if you live in a town with 1 small volume dealer with 2 allocations a year.
Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
And just a quick anecdotal example of "times are a changing":

I have friends and colleagues in the bay area who worked for these big tech companies (think Google, Apple, Meta), who were getting paid these over inflated salaries, like 220k a year for middle management level job. And now some of them are laid off, after making this salary for 7-9 years. They are making mortgage payments on a 2 million dollar house, and payments on a 100k Tesla SUV. How are they going to find another job that pays them that? Not to mention, coworkers see these layoffs, and morale is super low. Are those people going out and buying a expensive car not knowing what their future is?

This is already happening today. We'll see whats it's like at the end of the year.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
And just a quick anecdotal example of "times are a changing":

I have friends and colleagues in the bay area who worked for these big tech companies (think Google, Apple, Meta), who were getting paid these over inflated salaries, like 220k a year for middle management level job. And now some of them are laid off, after making this salary for 7-9 years. They are making mortgage payments on a 2 million dollar house, and payments on a 100k Tesla SUV. How are they going to find another job that pays them that? Not to mention, coworkers see these layoffs, and morale is super low. Are those people going out and buying a expensive car not knowing what their future is?

This is already happening today. We'll see whats it's like at the end of the year.
They have been saying since the end of last year that the Tech industry was going to get hammered with layoff early this year. I'm not doubting what you're saying and there's many who live paycheck to paycheck out there but there's also many who have money. I'm on a few different retirement forums and trust me some of these guys make me feel like I'm Fred Sanford. lol I'll get a good judge of what's going on in 2 weeks when we go to Mecum Auctions. I know several people there and can tell just by what's selling and for how much compared to the past 4 years.

Also we could go into a huge recession borderline '08 scenario because the Fed messed up and should've started raising rates sooner. If that happens they'll have to reverse course and start lowering them to jump start the economy again. I have ZERO faith these boneheads know what they're doing.

Elsa Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Have access to Ford's Z plan...not sure if that will have any influence at all in trying to procure a RRaptor. Have spoken to a couple a couple large dealerships (SWFL). They seem pretty cluless...trying to unload their '23 Ranger inventory. Guess I'll take a wait and see approach.

Sponsored

666_rptr

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy Colorado Z71
Occupation
Poker Dealer
how do you find these straight shooter dealerships that won't burn you on a markup?
Not that I’m experienced. I’ve bought one new vehicle myself and helped a few others with purchasing …
What I did in advance of the RR launch was research dealer ratings first. Found the highest rated one near me. Then I went on their website and looked at pictures of their sales team. I zeroed in on the older gentleman who looked like as you said a straight shooter. I then reached out to the dealership to put me in touch with that man. I explained what I wanted to have happen. No mark up, get my order in promptly, etc and as expected he was awesome. I plan to let him know that ordering opens May 26 according to rumors and I fully expect he will do his best to accommodate me.

telenerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, Subaru Crosstrek
Howdy, first post. I’m on the other Bronco6g forum. Well anyways, I got a Bronco Badlands 2 door Sasquatch that I waited a long time for and finally got one. And now I want a Ranger. I’m keeping the Bronco but need something to replace my worn out Subaru. On the fence about getting a Ranger Raptor since I already have an off-road very capable Bronco.

Excited to see what the new Ranger brings to the table. The new Raptor seems very tempting once my Bronco is paid off!

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their car's in the easiest way possible.
Howdy, first post. I’m on the other Bronco6g forum. Well anyways, I got a Bronco Badlands 2 door Sasquatch that I waited a long time for and finally got one. And now I want a Ranger. I’m keeping the Bronco but need something to replace my worn out Subaru. On the fence about getting a Ranger Raptor since I already have an off-road very capable Bronco.

Excited to see what the new Ranger brings to the table. The new Raptor seems very tempting once my Bronco is paid off!
Welcome! Hope you can get a ranger soon, but until then, this a great place to learn all about them.
Sponsored