• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Poll: For those getting the new Raptor, how many of you plan to offroad with it?

For those that get eventually land a Raptor, how many of you plan to offroad with it?

• Total voters

nappy

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
Ford Ranger Poll: For those getting the new Raptor, how many of you plan to offroad with it? 2024-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-First-Look
Sponsored

Bash1990

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Software Developer
It will see some farm fields and the occasional muddy trail to a hunting camp, but nothing like it is capable of.

I work remote, so 99.9% of it's life outside of trips to Lowes will be sitting in the barn squeaky clean.

I'll admit it's a trophy. I've only ever owned 10-15+ year old practical and boring cars/SUVs before.

OP
OP

nappy

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
It will see some farm fields and the occasional muddy trail to a hunting camp, but nothing like it is capable of.

I work remote, so 99.9% of it's life outside of trips to Lowes will be sitting in the barn squeaky clean.

I'll admit it's a trophy. I've only ever owned 10-15+ year old practical and boring cars/SUVs before.
I made the mistake of going thru mud the other day with my truck and spent an hour at a pressure washer to get it all off and it's still not clean!

yoopercharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford SVT Raptor
I visit Silver Lake often and go on a few Raptor runs per year so I'm excited to get mine off-road and see what it's capable of.

Ford Ranger Poll: For those getting the new Raptor, how many of you plan to offroad with it? IMG20230827163700

OP
OP

nappy

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
I visit Silver Lake often and go on a few Raptor runs per year so I'm excited to get mine off-road and see what it's capable of.

IMG20230827163700.jpg
Are you referring to those TX Raptor runs? I just ran across this the other day. Looks like a ton of fun on 4 wheels!

Sponsored

yoopercharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford SVT Raptor
Are you referring to those TX Raptor runs? I just ran across this the other day. Looks like a ton of fun on 4 wheels!

Similar concept except I'm in Michigan so it's a different group and we run on forest service roads vs the seemingly private course that was shown in that video.

https://catchmeoffroad.com/

Last edited:

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 05 Z4
Occasional usage on forest service roads when we visit New Mexico. My BMW X3 is perfectly capable, but the ride is so rough.

Mostly it will be used for mobbing the median curbs that my city is building everywhere for traffic control, that are completely unneeded. RRaptor should be able to eat them at full speed with no problem.

UpInTheAir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still not a Raptor
I have a fairly built up FJ Cruiser that will remain tasked with the gnarlier and tighter trails, but the RRaptor turbos will definitely make it more enjoyable driving up high elevation mountain passes to get to trailheads.

81stfacp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS
Occupation
Retired
Mine will replace the 2008 Taco. 2023 1st rifle Elk season in CO up in the San Juans

Ford Ranger Poll: For those getting the new Raptor, how many of you plan to offroad with it? 20231017_100333
Ford Ranger Poll: For those getting the new Raptor, how many of you plan to offroad with it? 20231015_112657

The previous year during the 3rd rifle season, some of the trails were 4L and crawl.

Reactions: MJE

Sponsored

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACHER
To be frank, I have a 2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 but have never been off-road with it and do not plan to. I will probably replace it with the Ranger Raptor when the time comes, but I have no plans to take one off-road either. I like to drive a vehicle that is ready for bad roads, bad weather, and snow banks, just in case, and off-road-oriented trucks fit the bill for me. Not to mention the elevated seating position in the cabin, the music system, the joys of tailgating, etc. They are not just for off-roaders anymore...

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Might a little bit when I visit our place in Colorado. But otherwise mostly town roads, highway, dirt roads, and the occasional pasture.

Honestly a tremor probably fits my uses best and have a 21 now. But it's not an option as yet so I'm gonna see how the Raptor does.

SCFast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 RRaptor, '22 Ford Bronco, '18 Raptor Prior
Getting down and dirty ASAP

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger
I answered two options because I definitely *plan* on offroading, but I will likely spend more time polishing it in my garage. :D

pablo94sc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
After desert running on BLM backcountry trails in UT in a rental CX-5 (had to go fast enough to float over the washboard), I made the decision to order a RR. So when I say I plan to drive it like it was intended, I mean it. This thing will be on the Mojave Trail. It will take Imogen Pass. It will be blasting across whatever open expanses I can find, and taking me and the kiddo down to Parashant. I'm excited.
Sponsored