• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ordering - What Engine you gonna order? Poll

• Total voters

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 75 Bronco 70 Mach 1 68 Cougar 99 Cobra
same with our 2018 F-150 SCab Sport 6' bed 4x4 with Coyote. Super reliable so far with everything we need and nothing we didn't want, off the lot new. We can actually average 22 mpg on 100 mi. round trips over varied terrain/hills here in CO, and up to 27 MPG on similar flat terrain trips. This is best case with just the 2 of us and minimal gear in cab, not hauling in bed or towing and no headwinds. Doesn't need turbos to manage this either. It's a keeper.
That Coyote is hard to beat, IMO. Mine has the 3.73:1 axle ratio so it doesn't get the mileage yours does. I added a Spectre CAI and Magnaflow exhaust and I don't care what mode you put any Ranger in it's never going to sound as good as that Coyote.

I will say, however, that I really do prefer the size of the Ranger over the F-150 and that is the one thing that could sway me. I've owned several early Rangers and my last truck before the F-150 was a V8 Sport Trac which was very similar in size to the current Ranger. That was what I would consider the perfect size for my needs.
Sponsored

SuperDave150

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, Ford F150, Bronco
Occupation
Analyst
naw, been there, done that with my Maverick. Time isn't on my side. I have a firm understanding of Ford's recent product rollout history and processes. Also experienced the endless delays with missed and extended deadlines and lacking timely communication and updates in between. Night and day difference between buying our 2018 F-150 off the lot locally through trusted local dealer and experiencing ordering debacle alongside them in post-Covid reality.

All new reveals out now and I think my best option is not Blue Oval for upgrading over my Maverick.
I’m quite possibly more experienced than you on that. Have special ordered cars & trucks all my life. Including my Bronco - yes even with all the constraints and shortages. Waiting is just part of the process.

Reactions: MJE

SuperDave150

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Analyst
Not sure how you are getting 20-21 mpg. Do you not have Sasquatch and the 4.7 gears?

Mine only gets 17-18. But I’m rolling on Sasquatch.
Outerbanks non-Sasquatch 4.27 gears & 32” tires, standard plastic bumper which is more aerodynamic.

Last edited:

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I’m quite possibly more experienced than you on that. Have special ordered cars & trucks all my life. Including my Bronco - yes even with all the constraints and shortages. Waiting is just part of the process.
I have no reason to doubt you on that. All good there :) I'll let you entertain the possibility my buying history, preferences, and life situation are different from yours? I bought my 1st car used in 1973. 1st new was 1987 Ranger (1 of 4 over time). Bought a mix of both since then. All new came off the lot, until my Maverick order and it fit my situation then for multiple reasons. Was making preparations to order again from same local dealer and we were waiting for the 6G reveal, order guides, and pricing.

Now we have that. I only want XL SCab with 6' bed. Nothing else is an upgrade over what I get from my Maverick and our F-150 SCab. Ford doesn't offer that configuration now and Nissan Frontier does. For less $ and more standard features including Cruise control, higher base towing capacity and more. I'll take naturally aspirated V6 over turbo anything every time. Most importantly, there is actual inventory available on lots right now. I wasn't exaggerating when I said time isn't on my side. For a couple reasons I won't go into here but affecting my timelines and decision process. A bird in my hand is worth 1000 in the future. I'm double tracking going forward trying to get a fair deal with Frontier while letting Ranger SCab situation play out over time while enjoying the vehicles I have until something moves the needle 1 direction or the other.

SuperDave150

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Analyst
I have no reason to doubt you on that. All good there :) I'll let you entertain the possibility my buying history, preferences, and life situation are different from yours? I bought my 1st car used in 1973. 1st new was 1987 Ranger (1 of 4 over time). Bought a mix of both since then. All new came off the lot, until my Maverick order and it fit my situation then for multiple reasons. Was making preparations to order again from same local dealer and we were waiting for the 6G reveal, order guides, and pricing.

Now we have that. I only want XL SCab with 6' bed. Nothing else is an upgrade over what I get from my Maverick and our F-150 SCab. Ford doesn't offer that configuration now and Nissan Frontier does. For less $ and more standard features including Cruise control, higher base towing capacity and more. I'll take naturally aspirated V6 over turbo anything every time. Most importantly, there is actual inventory available on lots right now. I wasn't exaggerating when I said time isn't on my side. For a couple reasons I won't go into here but affecting my timelines and decision process. A bird in my hand is worth 1000 in the future. I'm double tracking going forward trying to get a fair deal with Frontier while letting Ranger SCab situation play out over time while enjoying the vehicles I have until something moves the needle 1 direction or the other.
@Ranger#5? May God bless you and help you find what you’re looking for.

Sponsored

richman555

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Occupation
Software Engineer
I would like to get an extra gallon or two better gas mileage if possible so I pick the 2.3 turbo 4. The other reason is that these engines have gotten good reviews in the past and they are proven mated to the 10 speed automatic. That said, this Ranger model might be a tiny bit heavier, so we shall see upon more reviews.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
@Ranger#5? May God bless you and help you find what you’re looking for.
Any opinions on Nissan dealers in ABQ? I'm looking that way as a possible Frontier option in my search.

TIA!

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Voted 2.7l. I'd really like a Raptor, because I want that rear suspension, but I don't think I'll ever see it at MSRP and towing would be touch & go because I'd be right at max limit. Plus I really don't want a wider truck.
So I'll be looking at 2.7l, Lariat, FX4 and then I'll throw in an aftermarket suspension and better tires. That being said, if the price is right, I'd buy another 2.3l. Very happy with it's performance.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 and 2020 F350 and 2022 Ford Escape
Depends on the fuel economy difference between the two. My 17 F150 3.5 eco will get 19.7 on a trip from TX to CO while my '20 F350 6.7 PSD can get 21 mpg. It needs to get several mpg better than these two to make it worthwhile for me.

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Any opinions on Nissan dealers in ABQ? I'm looking that way as a possible Frontier option in my search.

TIA!
can’t speak for Albuquerque but El Paso casa Nissan has a huge inventory. Kinda slimy though

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
can’t speak for Albuquerque but El Paso casa Nissan has a huge inventory. Kinda slimy though
I've seen some inventory @ Reliable Nissan in/near South Metro ABQ I think. It's actually pretty close to the CARmax as well if I come down South from Durango the 550. Was thinking to do both in same day since CARmax says I have to bring in my Maverick for appraisal in person. Gonna be a long ass day- like 5 hours drive each way - not even counting the 2 stops in NM.

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
I've seen some inventory @ Reliable Nissan in/near South Metro ABQ I think. It's actually pretty close to the CARmax as well if I come down South from Durango the 550. Was thinking to do both in same day since CARmax says I have to bring in my Maverick for appraisal in person. Gonna be a long ass day- like 5 hours drive each way - not even counting the 2 stops in NM.
Fair warning, don’t stop in Albuquerque any longer than necessary. Car theft is at an all time high (which is saying something about a city with already high car theft).

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Fair warning, don’t stop in Albuquerque any longer than necessary. Car theft is at an all time high (which is saying something about a city with already high car theft).
yeah, got that from watching ABQ nightly news! No way I'm letting truck out of my sight while there. May have to use a Trucker's Unrinal too :LOL:

3231haven

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Next Gen Ranger Wildtrak -RA
Occupation
Retired Automotive Cad Monkey
has
Australians typically love diesel powered fourbies though I've never understood why. Perhaps a carryover from when diesel was once cheap?!
The diesel powered 4x4's has a lot to do with the farming world here in OZ, were farmers could run all their vehicles on diesel and get tax breaks. So they would have farming equip, 4x4 Utes and the old family high end EU vehicles running on diesel, that they would fill up from 44Gal drums on the farm. Also they only had diesel in a lot of remote areas of oz, due to poor fuel storage tank, easier to fix a diesel with water in the system then petrol, a lot different these days.

OP
OP

telenerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, Subaru Crosstrek
Looks like no push button start on the new Ranger price and build except the Lariat and where is remote start?

Upgrading to the Lariat to get push button and remote start doesn’t make much sense to me. I guess I will wait until Ford announces more news.
Sponsored