• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored
OP
OP

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
The question is… who is Buck 16???

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
That's not the US market vehicle. No amber markers in the fenders, and I expect the US spec to get the three amber lights in the grill too.

OP
OP

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
That's not the US market vehicle. No amber markers in the fenders, and I expect the US spec to get the three amber lights in the grill too.
Are you sure?
The reason I question the lighting is the US just changed some of their vehicle rules and i think it starts sometime in 2023. We get those fanicer adaptive headlights (forgot the name they use) and some other changes that out us more in like with the ROW. So I thought if they were marketing this as 2024 then perhaps this was the one.

Sponsored

the1mrb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, XLT FX4
Occupation
Aerostructures Engineer
The 3 amber lights in the grill are an actual legal requirement for vehicles wider than 2032mm (80in). And I have heard stories of people getting "a talking to" (not sure if there's an actual legal statement against it) for having them on vehicles narrower than that, since it can cause confusion to the very few who actually know and understand their purpose.
A quick search shows that the Ranger Raptor is "only" 79.8in wide, just under the requirement. So I'm not sure if Ford will push the limits of the law to add them to the Ranger Raptor just in order to keep that Raptor look or not. I guess we'll see. Or if they'll just make it wide enough to require them like they did with the Bronco Raptor.

Last edited:

Chad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe Z71, Mustang GT
Yeah I agree. Not sure this is full US spec truck. Required or not, those amber leds have become popular mods. I just wanna see the regular US Ranger already…

OP
OP

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Yeah I agree. Not sure this is full US spec truck. Required or not, those amber leds have become popular mods. I just wanna see the regular US Ranger already…
As someone pointed out before. The requirement is actually for vehicles over a certain width. Having them on and not meeting that width requirement may be illegal. I am not 100% sure on that, but thats what the previous poster suggested.
Anywho, i agree i just want to see the damn thing already. i have a 2018 F150 so i can wait, but i really don't want to. I have been cross shopping over vehicles, but nothing meets that "goldilocks" level for me. Not too big, not too small, good performance.... hard to find.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
The three amber maker lights in the front of the vehicle were not what I was referring to. In the US you must have an amber marker/reflector on the forward side of the vehicle, your outgoing Rangers have it in the wheel arch, the Bronco Raptor has it just behind the headlights, the new Ranger will have it in the wheel arch also. There is clearly a moulding where that light will go on the Ranger Raptor, and the pictured vehicle doesn't have them.
Edit, added the image. Circled is what I'm talking about.

Ford Ranger US Ranger Raptor Spied Uncovered!? Side by Side Look vs. Bronco Raptor 2024-ford-ranger-raptor-US-wheels-bumper

Last edited:

Sponsored

WyoRanger

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco WIldtrak and 2022 Ranger W/RR pkg
Occupation
DoD Logistics
I’m not digging the big ass ford grill lettering on either version, but the new squared off front end and general good
Ford Ranger US Ranger Raptor Spied Uncovered!? Side by Side Look vs. Bronco Raptor D92A5DAD-F619-467B-B8C1-A1C98C2213D8
Ford Ranger US Ranger Raptor Spied Uncovered!? Side by Side Look vs. Bronco Raptor 61E1381C-EE1A-410C-AFED-D922F9B34538
looks of the Ranger Raptor is a win. Although I’m kind of fond of my 22 XLT Ranger with a Rocky Ridge pkg. I’ve ditched the front license plate bracket and added a hard tonneau cover and window tint since the photo.

Famousamos

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
The three amber maker lights in the front of the vehicle were not what I was referring to. In the US you must have an amber marker/reflector on the forward side of the vehicle, your outgoing Rangers have it in the wheel arch, the Bronco Raptor has it just behind the headlights, the new Ranger will have it in the wheel arch also. There is clearly a moulding where that light will go on the Ranger Raptor, and the pictured vehicle doesn't have them.
Edit, added the image. Circled is what I'm talking about.

2024-ford-ranger-raptor-US-wheels-bumper.jpg
The Bronco Raptors clearance lights are in the mirrors. You circled the amber reflector/side marker.

The Ranger Raptor you see here is just a buck meaning it’s barely a functioning shell. It’s basically just a concept hand made tophat on the basically finished 2.7/10r60 chassis.

OP
OP

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
The Bronco Raptors clearance lights are in the mirrors. You circled the amber reflector/side marker.

The Ranger Raptor you see here is just a buck meaning it’s barely a functioning shell. It’s basically just a concept hand made tophat on the basically finished 2.7/10r60 chassis.
Thats what buck means?