• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

WHAAAT??!! no new Ranger for me?

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Perhaps my attentions have been on more important issues of late.
The salient point of my post is that Ford is acting as a sychophantic "useful idiot" to an incompetent renegade gov't/bureaucracy at the direct expense of their customer base, both in terms of dollars and liberty.
Otherwise they would resist such nonsense.
I resent the apparent inevitable prospect of being monitored down to every breath I take.
And by the Police, no less!! :shock: Ironic ain't it?:giggle:

Fire Farley!

not sure that is a salient point WRT buying a new Ranger but agree with you in principle. I've been on top of every mandate from congress (Breathalyzers, pay by mile modems), onerous EPA "rules" serving as laws nobody voted for-and probably wouldn't and they know it! That's why I've been seeking my sweet spot truck package of most basic features important to me vs. least Nanny Technology forced upon me when I can't escape it and absolutely don't want it! Don't want to give manufacturer's ability to force me into subscriptions for basic things like use of key fob either. My XL Maverick mostly fits that requirement, but I think I can get even more with a new Ranger or Possibly Frontier for a limited time before worst stuff kicks in. This year and next year tops, then we are at their mercy. Don't really NEED a new truck right now, but I want to get 1 before the window closes here. YMMV
Sponsored

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well the good news about the never-ending nanny tech required by the EPA is that their favorite Chevon doctrine is likely to be tossed aside by the supreme court in the next year. In simple terms that means congress will need to explicitly pass laws for anything the EPA wants to require, and the EPA can no longer " interpret " existing laws for whatever crusade they are on.

OP
OP
Floyd

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 pinto V8, 1995 Mustang GT conv, 2019 SuperCab 2WD Ranger, 2016 Transit Connect
I’ve been trying to figure that out as long as this guy has been posting on these boards. I guess the Ranger has fake 2WD whatever that means. He’s also likely upset they are not offering the option of bias-ply tires and an 8-track stereo to go along with the halogen headlights.
I am sorry for your consternation.
As you already know, the Ranger 5G was built from the ground up as a 4WD.
It is a lot more than just a transfer case and an extra differential, it is perhaps the most capable and well thought out mid sized, general use 4wd pickup available in the world.
It has made all the right compromises for the market for which it was intended.

The Ranger as built today is a great truck overall, but it would be impractical to modify it to be even as capable as its 2wd predecessors on pavement and it certainly could not even keep up with my bone stock Transit Connect or my '92 Ranger on a short road race course (say like Blackhawk Farms.) even with the extra 100HP.

There are many engineering differences between a purpose built 4WD and a purpose built 2WD and I suspect that you know that, in spite of your supercillious commentary.
Including, of course, your unfounded Luddite accusations. :giggle:

Just as most buyers prefer the Ranger as a CrewCab, they also are justifiably pleased with its purpose built 4WD Performance. It can even be modified for enhanced offroad performance

I really love my Ranger , even with the compromises which I was required to make to own one.
It is a capable platform for towing, hauling, or just comfortable cruising, but spirited on pavement driving is just not in the cards.

Just for clarity... I ride mostly a modified Trek FX4, and a Bridgestone RB1, and the closest I ever got to a Mountain bike was my Cannondale H400 or my Trek820.
Something like a Mongoose or a pricier equivalent simply has no place on the rack.

Thanks for your attention....Hope this helps.
Sponsored

Last edited: