• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

WHAAAT??!! no new Ranger for me?

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 pinto V8, 1995 Mustang GT conv, 2019 SuperCab 2WD Ranger, 2016 Transit Connect
First I heard that there would be a SuperCab, and even a regular cab for N America, Now I hear that there will be no 2024 Ranger for me:shock::crying:
I just felt Like I should run right out and move my Bike project and put the Ranger in the shop( maybe even get the wax rag out!:giggle:
Good news is, I got one when they made them, I guess they simply don't really want my business anyway.
Fire Farley!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT || 2023 Escape PHEV
First I heard that there would be a SuperCab, and even a regular cab for N America, Now I hear that there will be no 2024 Ranger for me:shock::crying:
I just felt Like I should run right out and move my Bike project and put the Ranger in the shop( maybe even get the wax rag out!:giggle:
Good news is, I got one when they made them, I guess they simply don't really want my business anyway.
Fire Farley!!
Patience, Floyd. It will come in time.

OP
OP
Floyd

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 pinto V8, 1995 Mustang GT conv, 2019 SuperCab 2WD Ranger, 2016 Transit Connect

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
So , are you saying they plan to offer regular and supercab?
I'm pretty sure different models and options will eventually show up 6+ months down the line, but this is the initial offering. I have my doubts that the NA Ranger will see a Regular cab, at least in the near future.

OP
OP
Floyd

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm pretty sure different models and options will eventually show up 6+ months down the line, but this is the initial offering. I have my doubts that the NA Ranger will see a Regular cab, at least in the near future.
I must say that Raptor is better than the F150 Raptor....And GORGEOUS! ( especially with that $750decal):like:
60grand is a bit out of reach though ,as is a Grand a month!

Agree on the regular cab, but don't forget they had a SuperCab for 2019.
Also they will never offer a true 2WD, too many folks like the "adventure" of 4WD for those trips to the local WalMart.

While I prefer the 2.3L... where is the promised 2.7L with its WHOPPING 15 extra HP?

Anyway, I kinda like the radio, would not even consider CrewCab, interior is far better on the 2019, don't like the "car type" rubber bumper, disagree with the chassis changes for the 2WD, color choices are too limited. still don't like those ugly wheels on the STX.
The LED headlights are at least serviceable now, but I still prefer halogens.
There is, of course, one redeeming factor.... the tailgate dampener is now STANDARD!:clap::giggle:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Moto26

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '17 F150
Agree on the regular cab, but don't forget they had a SuperCab for 2019.
Also they will never offer a true 2WD, too many folks like the "adventure" of 4WD for those trips to the local WalMart.

While I prefer the 2.3L... where is the promised 2.7L with its WHOPPING 15 extra HP?

Anyway, I kinda like the radio, would not even consider CrewCab, interior is far better on the 2019, don't like the "car type" rubber bumper, disagree with the chassis changes for the 2WD, color choices are too limited. still don't like those ugly wheels on the STX.
The LED headlights are at least serviceable now, but I still prefer halogens.
There is, of course, one redeeming factor.... the tailgate dampener is now STANDARD!:clap::giggle:
What is a “true” 2WD? 🤨

And you prefer halogen headlights? 😂 Our Bronco has the standard (non-Signature) LED’s, and they make the halogens on my F150 seem like stagecoach lanterns!

OP
OP
Floyd

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is a “true” 2WD? 🤨

And you prefer halogen headlights? 😂 Our Bronco has the standard (non-Signature) LED’s, and they make the halogens on my F150 seem like stagecoach lanterns!
Great imaginary simile!:giggle: With the right reflector, acetylene can be quite bright!
It means not just a castrated 4WD.... Think 2001 Ford F150 Lightning!...
Ford Ranger WHAAAT??!! no new Ranger for me? 1685032076916

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SCREW STX SE
Occupation
machinist
They should merge this thread with the OMG No Tremor!

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
What is a “true” 2WD? 🤨

I’ve been trying to figure that out as long as this guy has been posting on these boards. I guess the Ranger has fake 2WD whatever that means. He’s also likely upset they are not offering the option of bias-ply tires and an 8-track stereo to go along with the halogen headlights.

pyates999

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150
Occupation
Foreman
I’ve been trying to figure that out as long as this guy has been posting on these boards. I guess the Ranger has fake 2WD whatever that means. He’s also likely upset they are not offering the option of bias-ply tires and an 8-track stereo to go along with the halogen headlights.
😂😂

Sponsored

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Fire Farley!!
There are pics of a scab in the wild. I can't say for sure they will bring it out, but why do they have a test scab if they don't intend to sell it. I'm in the same boat, I have a scab now and I will only buy a scab... where we differ is I'm not playing Henny Penny in the forums. :lipssealed: Kidding.

I'm not buying anything right now unless/until it's a scab PHEV. Then I'll bite.

OP
OP
Floyd

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The new infrastructure bill mandates driver monitoring devices (ostensibly to detect inebriation) starting with the 2026 model year.
It is also being reported that Ford and Volvo are at least two companies which plan to implement much of this technology for the 2024 model year.
Any truth to these reports?

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
haven't you been paying attention here for the last year? All the stuff you're talking about has been known/expected for a long time and confirmed by the recent reveal. Simply follow ROW developments out of AUS and you'll see most of what our NA product road map will look like- OVER TIME.

LanoTX

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Home Mechanic
The new infrastructure bill mandates driver monitoring devices (ostensibly to detect inebriation) starting with the 2026 model year.
It is also being reported that Ford and Volvo are at least two companies which plan to implement much of this technology for the 2024 model year.
Any truth to these reports?
Orwell couldn’t have been any closer to what we’re inching towards. Thanks for sending me down another rabbit hole 🤙🏻

OP
OP
Floyd

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
haven't you been paying attention here for the last year? All the stuff you're talking about has been known/expected for a long time and confirmed by the recent reveal. Simply follow ROW developments out of AUS and you'll see most of what our NA product road map will look like- OVER TIME.
Perhaps my attentions have been on more important issues of late.
The salient point of my post is that Ford is acting as a sychophantic "useful idiot" to an incompetent renegade gov't/bureaucracy at the direct expense of their customer base, both in terms of dollars and liberty.
Otherwise they would resist such nonsense.
I resent the apparent inevitable prospect of being monitored down to every breath I take.
And by the Police, no less!! :shock: Ironic ain't it?:giggle:

Fire Farley!

Sponsored

Last edited: