• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

What’s up with the heated steering wheel?

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
  • Banned
Looks like I’m not the only one confused about its absence on the build and price tool. Seems like you do get it but you need to go lariat?

Sponsored

bking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Same on F150. Nothing below a Lariat.

OP
OP

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
  • Banned
Same on F150. Nothing below a Lariat.
Thing was is even on the b&p took it didn’t show up. Which confused the hell out of of me. It’s also not showing as a feature on my order

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I think the only things that's weird about this is that it's not listed well.

The concept of "you get more features in a higher trim" is pretty obvious and not worth making a whole video about.

Reactions: MJE
OP
OP

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
  • Banned
I think the only things that's weird about this is that it's not listed well.

The concept of "you get more features in a higher trim" is pretty obvious and not worth making a whole video about.

Oh I totally agree. It being on the lariat isn’t remotely surprising either. I really posted this as some confirmation that at least 2 trim levels are getting it despite being absent from the b&p tool

Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Oh I totally agree. It being on the lariat isn’t remotely surprising either. I really posted this as some confirmation that at least 2 trim levels are getting it despite being absent from the b&p tool
There are other questions like this. For example, it isn't confirmed whether or not the LED's are adaptive. I think we got some insider information here that they are but are software disabled. I guess we'll find out!

OP
OP

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
  • Banned
There are other questions like this. For example, it isn't confirmed whether or not the LED's are adaptive. I think we got some insider information here that they are but are software disabled. I guess we'll find out!

Which would be weird because I think I’m the release videos that was a feature reviewers talked about. So… it’s weird. Hopefully we at least find out before production begins. It’s kind of weird they aren’t advertising it at all but I guess Toyota isn’t advertising either

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Which would be weird because I think I’m the release videos that was a feature reviewers talked about. So… it’s weird. Hopefully we at least find out before production begins. It’s kind of weird they aren’t advertising it at all but I guess Toyota isn’t advertising either
It's not a deal breaker or a deal maker to me. I live fine without it. I have auto high beams on my Ex and with my driving they almost never get used anyway.

OP
OP

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
  • Banned
It's not a deal breaker or a deal maker to me. I live fine without it. I have auto high beams on my Ex and with my driving they almost never get used anyway.

Nor for me though more features for the same price is not something I’d turn down. Honestly the biggest thing in missing from the world model is ventilated seats. The southwest gets hot as hell

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Nor for me though more features for the same price is not something I’d turn down. Honestly the biggest thing in missing from the world model is ventilated seats. The southwest gets hot as hell
I'll miss those and auto-folding mirrors. My Ex tucks it's ears back when you shut the engine off so it was just one less step for when you're parking in a tight spot.

Sponsored
OP
OP

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
I'll miss those and auto-folding mirrors. My Ex tucks it's ears back when you shut the engine off so it was just one less step for when you're parking in a tight spot.
at this point im surprised we are still getting parking assist

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
at this point im surprised we are still getting parking assist
Funny thing about that, (I'm sure you're tired of me saying it) my Ex has 1.0 of this system. I use it ALL the time. Not so much for the parallel part since I can do that myself most of the time faster unless its really tight. But I tell you for tight parking garages the thing is awesome! And mine still needs driver foot control. Can't wait to try it with full computer control.

OP
OP

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Funny thing about that, (I'm sure you're tired of me saying it) my Ex has 1.0 of this system. I use it ALL the time. Not so much for the parallel part since I can do that myself most of the time faster unless its really tight. But I tell you for tight parking garages the thing is awesome! And mine still needs driver foot control. Can't wait to try it with full computer control.
Something to look forward to. My current car is a standard so a lot of the nice features I missed out on including remote start which was sad. definitely looking forward to trying out some of the features like this

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Something to look forward to. My current car is a standard so a lot of the nice features I missed out on including remote start which was sad. definitely looking forward to trying out some of the features like this
I make heavy use of remote start (and auto climate on remote start) during the hot southern summers. But I am looking forward to starting it with Alexa instead of waiting till I’m almost out the door where I keep my keys. Looking forward to GPS location on my phone for when I park. 360 camera for tight lots. WIRELESS CARPLAY! Tunable exhaust. Tunable suspension. Oh man I can’t wait.

OP
OP

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
I make heavy use of remote start (and auto climate on remote start) during the hot southern summers. But I am looking forward to starting it with Alexa instead of waiting till I’m almost out the door where I keep my keys. Looking forward to GPS location on my phone for when I park. 360 camera for tight lots. WIRELESS CARPLAY! Tunable exhaust. Tunable suspension. Oh man I can’t wait.
ha ha wireless apple car play is definitely going to be nice
Sponsored