Sponsored

What did you do WITH your 6G Ranger today?

Lion77

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2025
Threads
37
Messages
1,091
Reaction score
1,657
Location
United States
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Forgot to take a pic but hauled twenty two 8x8x16 cinder blocks and five 55lb bags of mortar mix.

About 891 lbs in the bed plus me and my son in law (each about 220lbs). So I about maxed out payload lol.
 

superj

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Feb 8, 2025
Threads
44
Messages
4,033
Reaction score
3,893
Location
Corpus christi texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 ford ranger, 2019 wrangler, 2018 mazda3
Occupation
Retired
Picked up an engine and seat for the miata. Had to drive 3.5 hours to get it but the dude gave us the engine for half price.

Ford Ranger What did you do WITH your 6G Ranger today? 20260920_121719


Ford Ranger What did you do WITH your 6G Ranger today? 20260920_121729
 

scuba mike

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Feb 7, 2026
Threads
6
Messages
133
Reaction score
95
Location
Southern Calif
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Hvac Job Foreman
Ford Ranger What did you do WITH your 6G Ranger today? 1789960340650-3u


Figured out what hardware im using to mount my Baja Design lights going all black bolts nut's and washers.. if any one doing this install only suggest getting a hand putting bumper back on with the light mount its a little heavy.. was very afraid of scratching my paint..
 

ADVNTURR

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2024
Threads
15
Messages
200
Reaction score
422
Location
Cleveland, OH
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 2.7L, '16 VW Golf R, '11 Nissan GT-R, '05 Nissan 350Z
I wonder about going back to autocross. I won my class three years ina row back around 05-08, if i remember right. Dsp in one car and d stock in another car. Lots of fun but it was solo2 so not out in the track with everyone else. Still fun though
If you've got something wider than it is tall, you should definitely get back into autocrossing. It's probably one of the best values in motorsport while also competing with typically really awesome people. Cars and people have gotten quicker over time, but if you were that competitive back in the late 2000s, I bet it'd come back to you quick and you'd have a lot of fun.

I started out in autocross (as I type I realize I need to go back and run a few local events just for the fun of it) and then progressed to non-competitive HPDE track days, which then progressed into Time Attack, which then led to endurance racing and some sprint racing. I still enjoy doing all the variations, it's just that I have a car that's built pretty exclusively for Time Attack now (hits thermal limits in ~4 laps) so that's what I focus on...although it'd be a fun autocross car locally too, just a bit rowdy.
 

Sponsored

mrmike7189

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
May 23, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
299
Reaction score
349
Location
MA
Vehicle(s)
2024 ranger STX 4x4
Jealous! I drove up Mt. Rainier in May of 2011. There was still 10 foot snowbanks on the side of the road. I was in awe of views. My girlfriend and i found a spot to pose for a photo and ended up using it as our wedding announcement . People thought it was a fake background because it "looked too beautiful to be real" 😁
 

ADVNTURR

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2024
Threads
15
Messages
200
Reaction score
422
Location
Cleveland, OH
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 2.7L, '16 VW Golf R, '11 Nissan GT-R, '05 Nissan 350Z
Took a trip to the NY North Country (above "Upstate") to my alma mater to help run an off-road race on the school's old ski hill for current university students involved in the SAE Baja competition. While SAE doesn't approve of our little Invitational event, the 8 universities, 14 cars, and 150+ students plus parents and advisors that came had a great time and learned things along the way (some quicker than others...looking at you Waterloo University driver who nosed their car in 3 laps in a row before finally rolling it and getting a "you might want to slow down before the drop" conversation :p )

Don't have many pictures from the event since I was working, but shout out to my university's two cars that put on a good show and had a 2nd place overall result with the #100 car :rockon:
Ford Ranger What did you do WITH your 6G Ranger today? PXL_20261002_142249045


One of the added benefits of being an alumni on the planning team is that I got to stay the night after the event at the hill to camp in the fall foliage...after testing out the 4wd a bit
Ford Ranger What did you do WITH your 6G Ranger today? PXL_20261002_224706023

Ford Ranger What did you do WITH your 6G Ranger today? PXL_20261005_112235304

Ford Ranger What did you do WITH your 6G Ranger today? PXL_20261005_112650101~2

Ford Ranger What did you do WITH your 6G Ranger today? PXL_20261005_112140535

(not sure why it's blurry but it made for a kind of cool effect)

Ford Ranger What did you do WITH your 6G Ranger today? PXL_20261005_105256641

Ford Ranger What did you do WITH your 6G Ranger today? PXL_20261005_104546961

(not a bad morning view)
 

Sponsored

superj

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Feb 8, 2025
Threads
44
Messages
4,033
Reaction score
3,893
Location
Corpus christi texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 ford ranger, 2019 wrangler, 2018 mazda3
Occupation
Retired
Took the bike to the club ride
Sponsored

 
 







Top