• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Whats the best way to lift a RR with Fox live suspension?

galion

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
Ok, so where is this purchased from?
I feel like, imo, the upper spacer would work best cause it would keep the shock in stock position and not compress the spring more like the perch collars would.

I feel like a 1 to 1.5” lift would keep the suspension feeling as close to stock as possible and keep the slight rake should be beneficial if towing later on
Yep, on my F150 Raptor, I could feel the firmer ride with a Perch collar. On my Ranger Raptor with the 15mm strut spacer, it feels exactly the same as stock. I ordered it from this site in Australia. Overseas shipping was economical and it arrived very quickly.

https://shop.snakeracing.com.au/ranger-raptor-front-coil-strut-spacer-kit-25mm-lift/

Ford Ranger Whats the best way to lift a RR with Fox live suspension? IMG_6619

Ford Ranger Whats the best way to lift a RR with Fox live suspension? IMG_6618

First Name
Pete Reyes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Any idea if those are just for the Australian trucks tho? Those aren’t live valve shocks it seems from those pictures..
if they fit our trucks, I’m totally ordering those

galion

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
Any idea if those are just for the Australian trucks tho? Those aren’t live valve shocks it seems from those pictures..
if they fit our trucks, I’m totally ordering those
Globally, the Ranger Raptor V6 shares the same Live Valve suspension. The photos are from the previous Raptor version, which indeed had passive suspension, so I had the identical doubt. However, both feature the same top base design. My 2024 model has Live Valve shocks Fox 2.5. Send them an email and they will confirm 😉

Last edited:
First Name
Pete Reyes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Here was their response.

Gday Pete

Unfortunately we can not guarantee figment if it’s US Built

all Ranger Raptors we have supplied for world wide are built in Thailand

Climber

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco base SAS
Occupation
Field engineer
Before I get shredded, let me get ‘it’s just my opinion’ out of the way!

The Ranger Raptor is one of the most ‘dialed’ products Ford has ever produced. I would suggest you probe its stock capabilities before modifications. Larger tires will likely scrub speed, 35s look nice but will they really get you further up the boulder field? Lifts will compromise the live valve setup and steering components.

Don’t get me wrong, aftermarket brings some cool stuff, I’ve loaded my Bronco with it. I would say all the RR needs is more underbody protection, not a lift and bigger tires, but do you!

Sponsored

galion

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
Here was their response.

Gday Pete

Unfortunately we can not guarantee figment if it’s US Built

all Ranger Raptors we have supplied for world wide are built in Thailand
If your suspension looks like this, they will fit (the studs are from the kit) There is a video of a US spec Ranger Raptor posted on this forum with detailed views of the suspension, and it appears to be identical. I hope you can clear this up. Cheers!

Ford Ranger Whats the best way to lift a RR with Fox live suspension? IMG_6629

Ford Ranger Whats the best way to lift a RR with Fox live suspension? IMG_6622

Ford Ranger Whats the best way to lift a RR with Fox live suspension? IMG_6628

J.Dub

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Millwrights
Before I get shredded, let me get ‘it’s just my opinion’ out of the way!

The Ranger Raptor is one of the most ‘dialed’ products Ford has ever produced. I would suggest you probe its stock capabilities before modifications. Larger tires will likely scrub speed, 35s look nice but will they really get you further up the boulder field? Lifts will compromise the live valve setup and steering components.

Don’t get me wrong, aftermarket brings some cool stuff, I’ve loaded my Bronco with it. I would say all the RR needs is more underbody protection, not a lift and bigger tires, but do you!
I agree, for the first year you should test out the vehicles capabilities with armor and rock sliders. Thats what I did with my tacoma. I tried to do the Rubicon with 33" tires and I was at stock height in the front and about 2" higher in the rear. I failed hard on that trail. lol. During that time I didn't know when I added all that extra armor and the winch it brought the 2.75" lift in the front back down to stock height. So any kind of additional weight you add onto the rig, it will bring it down and you have to install stiffer springs to bring it back to height. So I got Eibach 14" tall 650 pound rated springs to bring it back to that 2.75" lift. Then I slapped 35" tires and did the whole Rubicon no problem.
Sponsored