• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Will the 2024 Ranger be crew cab only?

ianmgull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage
I realize we won't know for sure for a couple days, but I've heard rumors about the new North American models being crew cab only. Am I misremembering, or is that the general consensus? I was really hoping to find an extended cab version with 6' bed.
Sponsored

Chad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe Z71, Mustang GT
Thereā€™s an extended cab for the ROW and several US mules of extended cabs and crew cab long bed models. Iā€™d be surprised if thereā€™s no extended cab at this point... It may be mid grade and low trims only though.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I realize we won't know for sure for a couple days, but I've heard rumors about the new North American models being crew cab only. Am I misremembering, or is that the general consensus? I was really hoping to find an extended cab version with 6' bed.
You may be confusing with the Maverick, or even GM twins. I'm after the same configuration as you. Nothing else interests me or represents upgrade over what I already have. I'm a tiny bit nervous waiting for the reveal, but pretty confident that we'll have what we need here.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Thereā€™s an extended cab for the ROW and several US mules of extended cabs and crew cab long bed models. Iā€™d be surprised if thereā€™s no extended cab at this point... It may be mid grade and low trims only though.
Agreed. And XL SCab with 6' bed optioned up to FX-2 is my dream :clap:

Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
They certainly built and tested one. Sounds like around end of the month we will know for sure if they intend to build and sell it!

2024-ford-ranger-tremor-side-view-spy-photo copy.png
If the reports are true, (and the Ford teaser says this as well), we only have to wait 2 more days to find out.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Iā€™m hopeful for a SuperCrew/longbed with a Tremor package please. If no SuperCrew/longbed configuration Iā€™ll be passing on the Ranger for a next generation Tacoma. Iā€™ve owned nothing but Ford trucks since fall of ā€˜93 but will not compromise for my next truck if this configuration is not available. Brand loyalty only go so far at these prices and after 21+ years with my ā€˜02 F-150 SuperCrew Iā€™ve waited long enough.

Chad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe Z71, Mustang GT
I too am strongly awaiting the Tacoma unveiling. My only knacks against them is the price and getting one ā€œmade to orderā€ in the southeast US is impossible.

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
Toyota gets out of selling custom orders in Las Vegas area by telling all customers there is a 2+ year wait list for an order. I have no evidence for this but I suspect the wait list is simply a device to scare people away and/or kick the can down the road until the buyer becomes impatient and buys off the lot.

JBTN

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Toyota gets out of selling custom orders in Las Vegas area by telling all customers there is a 2+ year wait list for an order. I have no evidence for this but I suspect the wait list is simply a device to scare people away and/or kick the can down the road until the buyer becomes impatient and buys off the lot.
I was under the impression that Toyota was on the allocation model and the dealers get what they get as dictated by the regional distributors. No custom order allowed. For my 2022 Tundra I gave my dealer my want list with 3 different color options and then had to wait for an allocation match. I lucked out and got a 98% match after only a month.

Sponsored
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
I never got to hear the in's and out's of how the dealership network works. They just told me they wanted $7,500 ADM for Tundra's and $5,000 for Tacoma's and 2+ year wait list for an order when I asked if I could order for MSRP. If it was a lie from a dealership color me shocked.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I too am strongly awaiting the Tacoma unveiling. My only knacks against them is the price and getting one ā€œmade to orderā€ in the southeast US is impossible.
did someone say knack?

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I was under the impression that Toyota was on the allocation model and the dealers get what they get as dictated by the regional distributors. No custom order allowed. For my 2022 Tundra I gave my dealer my want list with 3 different color options and then had to wait for an allocation match. I lucked out and got a 98% match after only a month.
my neighbor had the same experience buying a 2022 4Runner. Didn't want anything on the lot and gave salesperson their specs and was told it would take about a month to come in. Missed, then extended to 2 months, then pushed again and again. Finally showed up a few weeks earlier than the last estimate.

Robert J DeHart

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Sponsored