• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

With the Tacoma out till 2024 - The Canyon seems to be decent competition.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Apparently the new gen Colorado zr2 is debuting 07/28/22. If it's amazing, I don't see how I can hold out for the Raptor. Can someone here please dissuade me??
Sponsored

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Apparently the new gen Colorado zr2 is debuting 07/28/22. If it's amazing, I don't see how I can hold out for the Raptor. Can someone here please dissuade me??
I don't think you can really compare the two. I like the ZR2 and am really anxious to see the new AT4x, but neither are Raptor competitors.
There truly is nothing out there that's on the same level of a Raptor. I was mildly hopeful that the new twins might be "upgraded" to compete against the Raptor, but unfortunately, it looks as if they are sticking with the same formula. Basically a lift, shocks, and tires. The Raptor has all of that but it takes it to a different level with completely different suspension. The twins are closer to a Tremor competitor than a Raptor.

Myself, I really want a Raptor, but I'm not going to pay ADM, so I doubt I'll be getting one. I'll probably end up with a Tremor or an AT4x. Both of which will more than likely sell for below MRSP shortly after release.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
I am hoping if I do a factory order and just wait 6 months then there won't be an ADM. At least that is what my local dealer told me, but who knows nowadays. Also I am hoping that when the raptor is in production, we will be in deep recession by then.

OP
OP

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
I am hoping if I do a factory order and just wait 6 months then there won't be an ADM. At least that is what my local dealer told me, but who knows nowadays. Also I am hoping that when the raptor is in production, we will be in deep recession by then.
Bahaha that’s actually a good point lol
I think there are more dealers out there that are good than bad. A lot of these ADM stories for the Broncos were not pre-orders or they were abandoned orders. So IMO the deer can sell them for whatever they want.
However if we have 6g members that pre-order and then wait MONTHS for their truck, it arrives and then are screwed over by the dealer when it’s time to pick up… Well then i think we take a page out of the Bronco playbook and flood that dealer with 1 star reviews and emails. It worked for most of the Bronco owners to reverse or drop the ADM.

Also, in the US the FTC is looking into outlawing a lot of these practices. Including “fake” advertising prices, these type of ordering bait and switches, but anything government takes awhile.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
If you can't wait for an extended period of time for a mid size truck I would go with the Chevy. Ford is asking a lot out of the MAP plant. Where Chevy has a dedicated plant just for their mid size trucks.

Sponsored
OP
OP

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
If you can't wait for an extended period of time for a mid size truck I would go with the Chevy. Ford is asking a lot out of the MAP plant. Where Chevy has a dedicated plant just for their mid size trucks.
Yea that is a good point. With the Bronco demand not being met, now you're gonna add a brand new Ranger... it will be interesting to see how stressed it will be.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Yea that is a good point. With the Bronco demand not being met, now you're gonna add a brand new Ranger... it will be interesting to see how stressed it will be.
Is that due to plant capacity issues or parts shortages still caused by continued supply chain interruptions?

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
Is that due to plant capacity issues or parts shortages still caused by continued supply chain interruptions?
My point is even with a perfect supply chain and MAP plant running at good efficacy you are asking a lot to get a 6G Ranger in a reasonable amount of time. What like 7 models of Bronco's, many different packages ie. The Everglade, Raptor etc. Then add the Ranger line up. Possible Screw with 6' Bed, Possible Wild Trax or Tremor, Raptor etc. Where Chevy has a dedicated Plant for their mid size truck. This is just my own opinion. Maybe running smoothly by 2025. Ford is already reducing the run of 8 years making the 5G ranger into 2023. I think.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
My point is even with a perfect supply chain and MAP plant running at good efficacy you are asking a lot to get a 6G Ranger in a reasonable amount of time. What like 7 models of Bronco's, many different packages ie. The Everglade, Raptor etc. Then add the Ranger line up. Possible Screw with 6' Bed, Possible Wild Trax or Tremor, Raptor etc. Where Chevy has a dedicated Plant for their mid size truck. This is just my own opinion. Maybe running smoothly by 2025. Ford is already reducing the run of 8 years making the 5G ranger into 2023. I think.
you could be right. I haven't followed the 6G Ranger news that closely as I am still waiting on scheduling of my 2022 Maverick I ordered back in Dec 2021- and frankly there just isn't that much info out there on the NA version of new Ranger. What I have read about it is supposedly the Bronco shares the same basic new platform and some common parts with 6G ranger which is the main reason for building both Bronco and Ranger at same plant to increase efficiency. I don't know how many NA Rangers Ford intends to build in the 1st year, or how many orders there are for each Bronco variant, or how many lines, shifts, etc. they run at MAP. Without any of that info I couldn't begin to predict how smoothly and timely production will be for new Ranger. We've all heard/read of the growing pains & horror stories of Bronco launch and I am living through some of that with Maverick too :(

Sponsored

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
There's limited info on this. Ford's saying they want to bring limited Bronco's to Europe. Please, please Ford make this Left had drive vehicle somewhere else besides the MAP factory.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
There's limited info on this. Ford's saying they want to bring limited Bronco's to Europe. Please, please Ford make this Left had drive vehicle somewhere else besides the MAP factory.
Dear Lord if they make these at MAP I'll never get my Bronco. :facepalm:

cvollers

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Alltrack
Occupation
Sales Account Executive
I love it. I got it fully loaded, only complaints are the hydraulic steering is kind of heavy and annoying. I like rock crawling and the rear locker can only be engaged in 4L, no front locker. Interior is fantastic, seats are very comfortable, the fender audio system is the best Stock system I’ve ever owned. Paid 46k.
I have a Fender system in my car and absolutely love it. Also have a Fender Strat...lol.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
I have a Fender system in my car and absolutely love it. Also have a Fender Strat...lol.
They are really nice systems, I was in a friends VW and I was amazed how great the sound system was in it. I have to say the Alpine in my Jeep was surprisingly really good,. Much better than the B&O in my Ranger which I thought was good until I got the Alpine.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
Ford's has another Bronco Edition. Endless. Bronco Heritage Edition.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new...32c8fe15a441097df631e9bf6fb80#image=AAZKsAz|4

I am wondering if the MAP plant is transitioning into the new Ranger or they will keep flogging the 5G.

Yes I know we are shooting for something like May 2023 to start the 6G possibly.
Sponsored