Sponsored

Wranglers have nothing on me!

Mike9816

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Jan 25, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
74
Reaction score
93
Location
Lone Pine, California
Vehicle(s)
'90 F-250 4X4, '18 Escape 2.0L, '24 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Retired
Did a run through Chidago canyon and Mt Casa Diablo to Crowley lake. My Gen6, one '88 F 150, one Tacoma and 6 Wranglers or Rubicons. I could use maybe a 1 inch lift from stock Gen6 and more aggresive wheels. I went where they did and just as well. 2.3 FX4 XLT. Chidago wasn't too tough. Mt Casa Diablo had some steep pitches and a few rocks.
Sponsored

 

superj

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Feb 8, 2025
Threads
44
Messages
4,015
Reaction score
3,883
Location
Corpus christi texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 ford ranger, 2019 wrangler, 2018 mazda3
Occupation
Retired
Just info: Rubicon is a trim level of wranglers. Its like the off road version of a wrangler. Different axles, different case, and sway bars that can be disconnected from the driver seat. They have a hair taller suspension (1") and 33s instead of 31s (sport trim come with) or 32s (willys, Sahara, and others that are not sport or rubicon).

But I totally bet your fx4 kept up easily. The whole point of a wranglers manuevability is the short wheel base of the 2 door models so the 4 doors are exactly like taking a mid-size truck.

I am the only ranger in my household. The wife and kids all have wranglers.
 
 







Top