• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
This is just wrong, bed sizes are normally 5.5' for short bed, 6.5' standard and 8' for long bed.
I’m talking about F-150 SuperCrew, so I was correct with my bed sizes in my original post. There is no 8’ bed option.
Ford Ranger Next Gen Ranger Spied with Longer Cab + Longer Bed 6190CE0C-DC93-4D1F-8826-0F251606461C
Sponsored

Connect

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
The cab is unchanged vs the standard config, and basically unchanged vs the outgoing model.
Do you have any links to confirm this or just a guess?

Doesn't seem smart for Ford to give the next gen ranger less rear legroom than the maverick

LuckyMonkey7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Lightning
I’m talking about F-150 SuperCrew, so I was correct with my bed sizes in my original post. There is no 8’ bed option.
That is awful that they removed the option to get a long bed. I had no idea.

The fact that there is an 8' bed option makes the 6.5' a standard bed, not a long bed. Which I guess is the best way to clarify what I was saying. Regardless of if you can't get it in a certain cab configuration.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Do you have any links to confirm this or just a guess?

Doesn't seem smart for Ford to give the next gen ranger less rear legroom than the maverick
While having the Ranger SuperCrew the same size across the globe makes sense, it would be odd for the compact unibody sibling to have more rear legroom than its big brother? Not to say it would stop me from buying one. To me the current Ranger feels like the roomiest midsize on the market. Maybe that 50mm longer WB and width in the 6G feels even roomier? Even changes in the seat design (less bulky) would make the cabin feel more spacious.

Connect

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While having the Ranger SuperCrew the same size across the globe makes sense, it would be odd for the compact unibody sibling to have more rear legroom than its big brother? Not to say it would stop me from buying one. To me the current Ranger feels like the roomiest midsize on the market. Maybe that 50mm longer WB and width in the 6G feels even roomier?
Yep, the Maverick has more legroom than the current Ranger as well. Personally I have been in all the midsizers and that has been the thing that has stopped me from buying one. I regularly (pre COVID) had people in my back seat so it kills me that the small suv's have more legroom than the midsize trucks. It's been a pet peeve of mine for a while because I would rather have a mid size truck than anything else. However if none of the new crop aren't any better I'm considering a Sienna. I just want the utility.

Sponsored
OP
OP

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Yep, the Maverick has more legroom than the current Ranger as well. Personally I have been in all the midsizers and that has been the thing that has stopped me from buying one. I regularly (pre COVID) had people in my back seat so it kills me that the small suv's have more legroom than the midsize trucks. It's been a pet peeve of mine for a while because I would rather have a mid size truck than anything else. However if none of the new crop aren't any better I'm considering a Sienna. I just want the utility.
So real talk... if there was an AWD minivan option that did 0-60 in like 6ish seconds (or less) i would buy it lol i've always been NO MINIVANS EVER kinda guy, but with 2 kids now, and i sat in the back of my friends new Carnival... damn it was NICE! lol

Connect

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So real talk... if there was an AWD minivan option that did 0-60 in like 6ish seconds (or less) i would buy it lol i've always been NO MINIVANS EVER kinda guy, but with 2 kids now, and i sat in the back of my friends new Carnival... damn it was NICE! lol
Ha ha, yeah I am odd, I've always thought minivans were cool, now in our 40's and never had any kids the wife is still like 'no way!' to a minivan but I think it would be great. The practicality of them has always made me like them. I'm not looking for anything fast, just enough to merge and I'm more focused on decent mpg's. Anyway, hopefully for her sake something comes out next year that I like so she won't have to be seen in a minivan. :crackup:

cvollers

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Alltrack
Occupation
Sales Account Executive
Personally, I am fine with the shorter 5' bed, but the longer cab is a must for me.... that's why I don't currently have a midsize truck, not enough room in that back seat for any adults unless the driver is short.
I sat in a new Sierra today and that backseat is absolutely ginormous. Fortunately my needs for backseat occupying humans is next to nill.

MrKnowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
Maybe that 50mm longer WB and width in the 6G feels even roomier? Even changes in the seat design (less bulky) would make the cabin feel more spacious.
From what I understand, the longer WB is from moving the front axle (centerline) forward. This MAY have allowed the powertrain to move up a little, foot-wells to be reshaped etc. A less-bulky seat back could definitely shave a precious inch or so.
I don't see any way that the US truck has different cab dimensions from the global model. It IS a little frustrating that we haven't seen any interior specs for the global model.

Connect

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I sat in a new Sierra today and that backseat is absolutely ginormous. Fortunately my needs for backseat occupying humans is next to nill.
Yeah, I was able to sit in one at a recent auto show and liked it a lot. I would rather a truck for my next vehicle, but it that doesn't work out the Sienna is at the top of the list, I think I would rather have that than another small CUV
Sponsored