• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Interior specs?

Hmc610

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Taurus edge
Has anyone seen the interior specs yet?
If the Ranger is getting delivered to customers in Australia you would think there would be interior specs by now. I am really interested in the rear legroom on the new Ranger.
Any info would be great!
Sponsored

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
Here's what you can count on. The interior has not grown substantially over the 5G Ranger. If you have large people in the back it will be Ok but not a great situation. To make them comfortable you would have to pull the front seats forward. It would not be the best situation on long trips.
Someone up to 6' 5" 300lbs it will be ok in the drivers seat. Get the 8 way adjustable seats so you can lower them. If you want more room then a full size truck is best. The increase in size in the Ranger is directed towards the engine compartment to squeeze in the 2.7/3.0L V6 or the largest diesel.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Here's what you can count on. The interior has not grown substantially over the 5G Ranger. If you have large people in the back it will be Ok but not a great situation. To make them comfortable you would have to pull the front seats forward. It would not be the best situation on long trips.
Someone up to 6' 5" 300lbs it will be ok in the drivers seat. Get the 8 way adjustable seats so you can lower them. If you want more room then a full size truck is best. The increase in size in the Ranger is directed towards the engine compartment to squeeze in the 2.7/3.0L V6 or the largest diesel.
There is no actual increase in length of the new Ranger, rather it is actually a few mm shorter overall. The changes to fit the Vee shaped engines all surrounded the actual packaging of components, not the physical structure of the vehicle. The extra width (50mm) is all in the wheel arches, the frame is no wider from what I can gather. The only other dimension change was the position of the front axle on the chassis, it is 50mm further forward. The cabin, although Ford haven't said as yet, appears to be unchanged in dimensions. Any improvement in interior space is from the reshaped dashboard, and for the rear seats it could only come from the reshaping of the front seats.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Has anyone seen the interior specs yet?
If the Ranger is getting delivered to customers in Australia you would think there would be interior specs by now. I am really interested in the rear legroom on the new Ranger.
Any info would be great!
Deliveries haven't actually started yet, but they are imminent. The press launch is currently under way, full reviews are still under embargo. Expect deliveries to begin in the next week or two.

Sponsored

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
The frame might actually be narrower at the back as the shocks are mounted on the outside.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The frame might actually be narrower at the back as the shocks are mounted on the outside.
No, that's one of the reasons the wheel track is wider.

OP
OP

Hmc610

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Taurus edge
Well I am anxiously awaiting the reviews and official specs!!
Thank you for the response.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Well I am anxiously awaiting the reviews and official specs!!
Thank you for the response.
The Australian reviews are out, no real change to rear seat room as expected. The cab structure is minimal change reportedly (even using the same glass).

fi9aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Vios
Occupation
Drone operator
A bit off from the original question but from what I've seen, Thailand-spec Rangers doesn't come with the E-shifter unlike the Australian and EU Rangers, and only the Wildtrak will have the electronic parking brake. They even include manual transmissions up to the XLT trim. Apparently Southeast-Asia will mostly use the Thai-spec as well.

Sponsored

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
The Australian reviews are out, no real change to rear seat room as expected. The cab structure is minimal change reportedly (even using the same glass).
Do you have a link or #s to post?

OP
OP

Hmc610

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Taurus edge
I was hoping that the new Ranger would have more rear legroom than the Maverick.

Connect

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
I was hoping that the new Ranger would have more rear legroom than the Maverick.
Me as well. If US spec is no different, I don't see why I would buy this over a Maverick....for me personally

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Me as well. If US spec is no different, I don't see why I would buy this over a Maverick....for me personally
Yea that is a good point. I am kind of in the same boat.
we’ll see what happens. My wife also mentioned buying a pontoon lol sooo maybe the mav is out haha

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The Maverick is a very different vehicle though, not anywhere near as capable as a 4x4 and less capable at the "truck" stuff. But for an occasional hauler of stuff it looks to be great vehicle, and I wished Ford would bring it to Australia as it's a real ute.
Sponsored