• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Rando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
i thought there was a specific mention that the Raptor grille in the new-gen wouldn't fit the non-raptors, because they don't want people replacing it like so many did with the 5g.

can't remember where i heard it, but it was someone on this forum or a video posted here.
Raptor grille extends all the way to the headlights on the sides. The tips of the sports bra on the front bumper of the non-raptor would get in the way.
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
If that is indeed what it will look like, I'm a bit underwhelmed. I like the separate steel bumper on the 5G - was hoping they'd do the same thing on the 6G. I guess time will tell. At this point, the only thing that would get me to trade my 5G is a PHEV model, otherwise, I'll plan on driving it until the wheels fall off.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I seriously hope this means the announcement is coming soon. Maybe Super Bowl commercial?
Didn’t think of that, but it would be cool to see the NA variant unveiled during the Super Bowl. That or perhaps the next big auto show? Chicago media days are coming up on Feb 9th and 10th.

Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Yeah. It does seem like it could all by lining up for one of those events, if production is indeed to be slated for May.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Yeah. It does seem like it could all by lining up for one of those events, if production is indeed to be slated for May.
Only thing that has me concerned about starting production in May?….. last I read is Bronco production is still in catch up mode. I can’t see them shutting down the production line to retool as long as they are behind in Bronco production. Unless they have a parallel line for the Ranger? Shooting from the hip here. 😜

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
While that is a concern, I think the bigger concern for Ford is falling behind the competition. Chevy and GMC already released their remodel midsize. Nissan has been out already, and Toyota is announcing their Tacoma this year too. I don't think Ford has the luxury to not compete in this segment by delaying any further.

Also, if you look at the 2022 sales and 2023 projections of the current Ranger (there was a recent article on this), it is a HUGE drop off from the competition, and according to the article is because production has slowed dramatically for anticipation of the new MY.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/12/ford-ranger-sales-numbers-figures-results-third-quarter-2022-q3/

Reactions: DHH

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
Only thing that has me concerned about starting production in May?….. last I read is Bronco production is still in catch up mode. I can’t see them shutting down the production line to retool as long as they are behind in Bronco production. Unless they have a parallel line for the Ranger? Shooting from the hip here. 😜
I'm pretty sure they did some retooling on one of the shutdowns. There was an extended one last July, which is what quite a few were speculating they were doing.

There has been quite a bit of Bronco info happening over the last 6-7 days (not all good) and the proposed order banks for it re-open in March (supposedly) but with heavy restrictions on what can be ordered.

My 2Dr order is pretty much not going to happen, but I'd love to have the information on the Raptor early enough so I can do what I need to before Ford plays its drunken, blind-folded scheduling dart game and picks it on a wild toss.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Somewhere between a Baby 150 or Fat Maverick...Ford design's getting too homogenized.
that is intentional. They are harmonizing some of the look of the truck "family" on purpose. Lots of media references to the "C-clamp" headlights being a common distinguishing feature for 1 thing. FWIW: that was the WORST feature on the Maverick for me as the lights just look too big and overpower the rest of the front end styling. This Ranger looks much more proportional & streamlined across the front end to me. Having the sports bra color matched to body color helps get rid of that distraction too for me.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 MINI Cooper S Modified
Occupation
Big Toy Designer
that is intentional. They are harmonizing some of the look of the truck "family" on purpose. Lots of media references to the "C-clamp" headlights being a common distinguishing feature for 1 thing. FWIW: that was the WORST feature on the Maverick for me as the lights just look too big and overpower the rest of the front end styling. This Ranger looks much more proportional & streamlined across the front end to me. Having the sports bra color matched to body color helps get rid of that distraction too for me.
That's risky IMO...I didn't care for the C-clamp when it first came out...so the more it spreads to the family, the worse for me...wait till it ends up on the Mustang...

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not thrilled about the look of this, i'm hoping this is just a base trim and a bad color.

with some very minor changes it could look great (like the raptor does)....but i would be embarassed driving this around when the colorado, canyon and frontier look so much better. i'm not going to spend 10k more for a raptor just for cosmetics. it looks like a fischer price toy.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
I don't love it or hate it. I do like the clean continuous front end without the bumper separating it. I think @pwrplay is right the wheels and chrome grille are throwing the look off and the higher trims should look better. You can always add a Raptor grille to get rid of the chrome too.
The article says this is a Lariat..... And it says it is obvious this is a NA unit due to the side marker lights which are only required here apparently.

Maybe I won't be getting a new Ranger after all...... I honestly like the looks of the 5G quite a bit better than this one.
Sponsored