• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ford Can't keep up to the Demand of the Bronco

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / 2020 XTL FX4 / 2007 escape / motos
Ouch!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Basically it's telling us to switch to something we don't want. Spending $50K on something I don't want, no thanks! This has been a failure since it launched and after 3+ years of waiting since my reservation date I'm about to call it quits.

DukeCanBuildit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Scab - Shadow Black
Hey Brian, you seem to have your ear to the ground on this more than most members. Is this mainly from over-reliance on overseas components and not enough domestic sourcing?

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
Hey Brian, you seem to have your ear to the ground on this more than most members. Is this mainly from over-reliance on overseas components and not enough domestic sourcing?
It's a bit of both but more towards domestic suppliers.

The Sasquatch package constraint comes mostly from Goodyear not being able to produce enough tires for it, but if China does any lock-downs in the region where the wheels are cast, then that comes into play also.

The Lux package comes mainly from the never ending chip constraints and their part in all the electronic 'fluff' that package brings. There are built Bronco's sitting waiting on them.

The MiC hardtop has always been a constraint and they can barely produce enough 'reasonable' quality tops to fill 60% of the remaining orders that have it and is why they're pushing for soft-top on 4Drs.

The 2Dr is S.o.L because it has no soft-top option. The 2Dr also suffers from a higher take rate than Ford 'predicted', because they used Jeep sales as a guideline. Currently, 24%-ish of the remaining orders are 2Dr and they've yet to break the 16% production ratio to 4Drs on scheduling weeks.

Wildtraks have Sasquatch package as standard equipment and that's why it's the model targeted to try and get people out of. The bad part is, Badlands without Sasquatch is the next closest thing to get anything close to a Wildtrak (a non-Sasquatch Badlands is technically 85% Sasquatch package already) and if too many swap to that it will spell bad news for the Badlands trim/model.

I have a 2Dr non-Sasquatch Badlands on order and things don't look good for me getting it in 2023, so I started the ball rolling on the Ranger Raptor early last November. I'm going to 'let it ride' and hope I see and/or get positive news on the Raptor so I can decide as to what my plan of attack will be.

Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor

The Sasquatch package constraint comes mostly from Goodyear not being able to produce enough tires for it, but if China does any lock-downs in the region where the wheels are cast, then that comes into play also.

The Lux package comes mainly from the never ending chip constraints and their part in all the electronic 'fluff' that package brings. There are built Bronco's sitting waiting on them.

The MiC hardtop has always been a constraint and they can barely produce enough 'reasonable' quality tops to fill 60% of the remaining orders that have it and is why they're pushing for soft-top on 4Drs.

The 2Dr is S.o.L because it has no soft-top option. The 2Dr also suffers from a higher take rate than Ford 'predicted', because they used Jeep sales as a guideline. Currently, 24%-ish of the remaining orders are 2Dr and they've yet to break the 16% production ratio to 4Drs on scheduling weeks.

Wildtraks have Sasquatch package as standard equipment and that's why it's the model targeted to try and get people out of. The bad part is, Badlands without Sasquatch is the next closest thing to get anything close to a Wildtrak (a non-Sasquatch Badlands is technically 85% Sasquatch package already) and if too many swap to that it will spell bad news for the Badlands trim/model.

I have a 2Dr non-Sasquatch Badlands on order and things don't look good for me getting it in 2023, so I started the ball rolling on the Ranger Raptor early last November. I'm going to 'let it ride' and hope I see and/or get positive news on the Raptor so I can decide as to what my plan of attack will be.
I have the same build a 2dr Badlands non SAS with the high package. No way I'm changing y order as I really don't like or want a 4dr soft top. The hardtop issues I can't figure out because they've been making one for the Jeep for how many years? Even the 2nd hardtop is now developing cracks like the first ones.

I'm also hoping to get a Ranger Raptor and went to another dealer that I bought a lot of trucks from back east. I'm first on his list so I guess it's better than being #408 on Grangers list for my Bronco. If this works out I just hope to get it by late fall as I'll have to drive cross country with it. I'd like to spend some time there seeing family and friends and don't want to deal with cold/snow.

DukeCanBuildit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Scab - Shadow Black

Thanks Mike, I hope they get it together soon. A lot of folks sure are depending on it.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
There's a big push to build what legacy reservation orders they can with the parts they have, right now.

Once order banks for it open back up, it's anyone's guess as to what will happen and if they actually impose restrictions on what can be ordered.
I personally think with the 5G order-banks closing this week and the 6G's 2 month production start push out, they're going to build as many Broncos as they feasibly can with the parts they have all the while finishing up 5G orders.
Once '23 M.Y Bronco production ends, any legacy orders not built will be wiped and you start from scratch in '24 (no thank you).

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
There's a big push to build what legacy reservation orders they can with the parts they have, right now.

Once order banks for it open back up, it's anyone's guess as to what will happen and if they actually impose restrictions on what can be ordered.
I personally think with the 5G order-banks closing this week and the 6G's 2 month production start push out, they're going to build as many Broncos as they feasibly can with the parts they have all the while finishing up 5G orders.
Once '23 M.Y Bronco production ends, any legacy orders not built will be wiped and you start from scratch in '24 (no thank you).
The price protection and the invoice pricing plus an additional $2K off from Granger is the only thing keeping me in it. But they still have so many orders and being #408 there's no chance I'll get mine. My price is just over $46K but take all the incentives away and it's now well over $50K. If Ford stuck to their original plan to build them by reservation number (not allocations) and NO dealers to get stock until all reservations were filled we'd all have ours right now. I'd rather take that money and put it towards a Raptor and maybe one day down the road pick up a Bronco. Maybe when they get a PHEV one? Of course I'd love a PHEV Ranger too. 😁

MIBuckeye

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Anybody want mine? Just let it go. 23 Black on Black Badlands Sasquatch MIC & soft top with LUX and Tow. It's sitting on the dealer lot right now. Just can't part with $1200/mth for ANY vehicle. Just gonna buyout my 21 Tremor and build what I've wanted.

Oh yeah Atchinson Ford in Belleville.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Scooter

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
Ford offers too many options and models on the Bronco. I cringe when they come out with a new package. Ford just can't leave things alone.
Slyder covered most of the issues. As we all know the supply chain issue is still a problem.
In my mind they should build the Ranger as a set models like the ROW. Reducing the amount of NA options.
Chevy has a dedicated plant for their mid size truck only offering the 2.7L motor.
Ford's all electric thinking also concerns me. Toyota is waiting to see what happens with the future not putting all their eggs in one basket. Hydrogen and alternative fuels are accelerating in there development. Hard to resist the electrification when the US Government is all in on funding it.

Even the weather causes factory slow downs. Workers sometimes can't get to work. We are still getting over Covid, Labour shortages and on and on.

Last edited:
Reactions: MJE

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Thanks Chris for the huge whole you put in the thread.
I brought his last line back up to the top so there's no giant space in his post now. I thought there were pictures trying to load and something was wrong with my wifi. lol

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Ford offers too many options and models on the Bronco. I cringe when they come out with a new package. Ford just can't leave things alone.
Slyder covered most of the issues. As we all know the supply chain issue is still a problem.
In my mind they should build the Ranger as a set models like the ROW. Reducing the amount of NA options.
Chevy has a dedicated plant for their mid size truck only offering the 2.7L motor.
Ford's all electric thinking also concerns me. Toyota is waiting to see what happens with the future not putting all their eggs in one basket. Hydrogen and alternative fuels are accelerating in there development. Hard to resist the electrification when the US Government is all in on funding it.

Even the weather causes factory slow downs. Workers sometimes can't get to work. We are still getting over Covid, Labour shortages and on and on.
saw an article a few weeks ago announcing new "heritage" versions of the Bronco with throwback 2-tone paints jobs. Can't remember where I saw it. Pictured 3 color combos that looked good.
Sponsored