• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

SABER Ranger Club Thread

Ranger #6

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x2, 2012 MINI Cooper S, 2012 Toyota RAV4
Occupation
Aircraft Stress Engineer
Hiked up Badger Peak today. If you look reeeeeealy close and squint you can make out my truck at the bottom. You can also see the Snake River.
Ford Ranger SABER Ranger Club Thread upload_2019-10-13_11-51-16

Sponsored

RangerJeff

First Name
TheJeffness
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX
Nice! I like the lettering highlight :) Was that part of the STX or did you add it? Our XLT doesn't have it.
Thank you. I got those and the lettering for the tailgate from tvdvinyldecals.com! They are very tedious to install but if you follow the directions they aren’t too bad. Makes all the difference in the look in my opinion.

the1mrb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, XLT FX4
Occupation
Aerostructures Engineer
Went out and tried once again to complete this off-road loop I've been wanting to do for awhile. And once again, I turned back. Might not have had to, but since I was alone, it was cold, and I didn't have much fuel (my mistake), I didn't want to risk it. Got to swampy bit on this track which was frozen over. But not frozen enough because once I drove onto it I broke through, which was fine for the first bit. But this last short "puddle" was pretty deep. So once I broke through that one and the nose dove quite sharply, I figured that was far enough. Had to back quite a ways down the trail to find this turn-around spot. The back-up camera helped a lot during that since I had to fold the mirrors in at points to keep them from getting knocked off. Still a lot of fun though!

Ford Ranger SABER Ranger Club Thread IMG_20191102_132521_122

VidPro

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Saber XLT - 2014 Mustang GT Convertible
Installed a Weathertech roll up cover and Bushwacker sill guards. Disappointed in the Weathertech cover. One of the rails was badly bent and chipped down to bare metal in a number of places. I emailed them to see what they say about it. Weathertech mudflaps are next.
Ford Ranger SABER Ranger Club Thread IMG_0288
Ford Ranger SABER Ranger Club Thread IMG_0305

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I've been looking at either some Falken Wildpeaks (which I know a handful of people on here have already) or the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs (my brother had those on his Ranger in college and swears by them and will probably get them for his next truck whenever he gets it). Either of those will put me back at least $800. But again, not going to do anything for a little bit, until these either wear out or I get fed up with them.

Crazy that you say that, because I grew up in the UP and actually went to college at Michigan Tech in Houghton! So I'm well acquainted with bad winter driving. haha One of the reasons I'm so invested in good tires and everything, because I know just how bad it can get and how much help they can be. Especially on a winters night trip across the UP.
The Falkens are better in the snow than the Goodyear.

Would give the edge to GY for off road.

I went with the Falkens since i am in the NE ohio snowbelt and see more snow than i need to.

Sponsored

DeathRanger

First Name
Peyton
Threads
Reaction score
Website
orangetech.tech
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Occupation
IT
Picked up my new Sabre Ranger about a month ago. Already put 2k miles on it and I love it. I've had multiple other Rangers over the years but don't miss the 04 I traded in one bit. Still got an old 2000 Mandarin Copper with a blown 3.0 in the garage I need to get fixing on. The 2000 will always be my first love but the new Ranger is pretty great

Ford Ranger SABER Ranger Club Thread IMG_20191014_184637

the1mrb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aerostructures Engineer
We got 24" at our house just outside Duluth this past weekend. Spent 6 hours yesterday snowblowing and shoveling the driveway. Drift in front of the garage was 3 feet, the yard was up to my thighs, and the plow bank was up to my chest. The snowblower kept breaking down, either because of bad gas or something in the fuel system, so after a dozen times of restarting it, getting only a couple passes, and it sputtering to a stop again, I decided to make a run to the gas station down the road for some fresh gas and fuel treatment. I had cleared the area in front of the garage and part of the driveway, but not the plow bank yet. So I put the truck in 4H normal mode, had my wife out on the road making sure no one was coming, and I just blasted through the bank. It was probably about 10 feet long, headlight deep, and packed pretty good, but the truck didn't miss a beat. Slowed down slightly just from the impact, as snow slid up onto the hood, but no tire slippage and no intervention from the electronics. Granted the rest of the drive to the gas station the front parking sensors were going crazy because they were packed with snow though. haha

Ford Ranger SABER Ranger Club Thread IMG_20191201_164114314

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
We got 24" at our house just outside Duluth this past weekend. Spent 6 hours yesterday snowblowing and shoveling the driveway. Drift in front of the garage was 3 feet, the yard was up to my thighs, and the plow bank was up to my chest. The snowblower kept breaking down, either because of bad gas or something in the fuel system, so after a dozen times of restarting it, getting only a couple passes, and it sputtering to a stop again, I decided to make a run to the gas station down the road for some fresh gas and fuel treatment. I had cleared the area in front of the garage and part of the driveway, but not the plow bank yet. So I put the truck in 4H normal mode, had my wife out on the road making sure no one was coming, and I just blasted through the bank. It was probably about 10 feet long, headlight deep, and packed pretty good, but the truck didn't miss a beat. Slowed down slightly just from the impact, as snow slid up onto the hood, but no tire slippage and no intervention from the electronics. Granted the rest of the drive to the gas station the front parking sensors were going crazy because they were packed with snow though. haha

IMG_20191201_164114314.jpg
NICE!! That would have been fun....

On a completely unrelated note - I've changed over to running non ethanol gas in all my "occasional" engines (lawn mower, weed wacker, chainsaw, pressure washer, etc). It has saved me multiple issues. Before when using ethanol I would be cleaning out fuel systems or replacing gummed up carbs regularly. The gas is more expensive, but it it WELL worth the money, IMO. I'm fortunate to have two places close by that sell it.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
NICE!! That would have been fun....

On a completely unrelated note - I've changed over to running non ethanol gas in all my "occasional" engines (lawn mower, weed wacker, chainsaw, pressure washer, etc). It has saved me multiple issues. Before when using ethanol I would be cleaning out fuel systems or replacing gummed up carbs regularly. The gas is more expensive, but it it WELL worth the money, IMO. I'm fortunate to have two places close by that sell it.
Not to totally highjack this thread but have you tried using Sta-Bil before storing these? I had 2 pressure washers for work and all my lawn and snowblower stuff back east and never had any problems when using Sta-Bil. Right now they're having a 25% off sale with free shipping using Code: CYBERMONDAY19 at checkout.

https://www.goldeagle.com/product/?...ChhGs0fPTm8n0w96SKvqS23QXC9mQA&_hsmi=80013608

the1mrb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aerostructures Engineer
Another thing I've noticed as a benefit to our color choice, is that the Saber color seems to be one of the best for not showing winter coatings. The salt just adds a bit of lighter color to it, and the sand blends right in. It all just gives a more faded color and a bit more texture. haha

Ford Ranger SABER Ranger Club Thread IMG_20191213_114623525_HDR

Ford Ranger SABER Ranger Club Thread IMG_20191214_144736373_HDR