• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2023 ranger raptor adaptive light issue

Boret

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Raptor
I am having problems with the adaptive lighting. It will produce an error, stop working and display on the screen "Adaptive Light error. Check User Manual".
The manual tells me to contact the dealer. I did. Sent the vehicle for service. They don't have any bulletins on the lights, but did some software upgrade.
Now the adaptive lights do not work at all.
The lights turn on slow curves, but that is it. No auto highbeams and not adaptive lighting at all.
I think my dealer is clueless. Anyone facing the same issue? And, had anyone that has had this issue found a solution?

I have already checked the typical culprits, like dirty sensor, dirty windscreen. Nothing. Doesn't fix it.
Sponsored

Deleted member 6764

I am having problems with the adaptive lighting. It will produce an error, stop working and display on the screen "Adaptive Light error. Check User Manual".
The manual tells me to contact the dealer. I did. Sent the vehicle for service. They don't have any bulletins on the lights, but did some software upgrade.
Now the adaptive lights do not work at all.
The lights turn on slow curves, but that is it. No auto highbeams and not adaptive lighting at all.
I think my dealer is clueless. Anyone facing the same issue? And, had anyone that has had this issue found a solution?

I have already checked the typical culprits, like dirty sensor, dirty windscreen. Nothing. Doesn't fix it.
Sounds like the control module(s) need to be replaced under warranty.

OP
OP

Boret

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Raptor
I think you are right. I will go back to the dealer.

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 135i, '19 Rangie Sport, '23 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I have experienced the same issues as you with adaptive lighting errors. When I took it back to the dealer, they were unable to detect anything (surprise surprise) and didn't attempt to apply any update or fix. Hopefully Ford come up with a fix for it as it is pretty pathetic that their signature lighting system is buggy.

jezzza

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor RA
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
I've seen the error 4 times in 10 months of ownership. It seems to clear and headlight continue to function properly.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Boret

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Raptor
Update.

Took the car to the Ford dealer they kept it for a full day. They couldn't find anything. They return the car and now it doesn't work at all. I called the dealer and they have me an appointment for 3 weeks later. I called Ford Spain and was able to secure a different dealer appointment at am earlier date.

2nd dealer told me the previous one had desconnected it. They ran a full diagnostic on the adaptive light directly and clear some errors. Adaptive lighting is back to working, but I still get the same error whew the light reset the adaptive lighting feature.

I have yet another appointment for next week. Pretty disappointed with the service from dealer so far. Annoying to have to arrange taking the car to the dealer workout a replacement vehicle and not getting the issue resolved.

I am pretty sure the complete adaptive lighting module needs to be replaced as pointed out by Norway32.

Will keep you all posted.

OP
OP

Boret

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Raptor
Second update: Following numerous exchanges with the Ford dealer, they have finally agreed to replace the adaptive light unit. Currently, I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the part, and the scheduled replacement is set for November 22nd. I am optimistic that this will resolve the persistent issue. However, my satisfaction with the post-purchase service is less than ideal, given that my car has been in the dealer's hands five times without a resolution. I am hoping this replacement will not only address the random system failures but also improve the somewhat laggy performance I've experienced. In comparison to our previous 2017 Volvo XC90 and a friend's 2023 Mazda CX60, the Ford's system has been less responsive. Fingers crossed for a smoother experience after the replacement.

949BFN

First Name
Hendré
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Attorney
The Ford app warns that there are two recalls on my 2023 (South African, Thailand-built) Ranger Raptor relating to the adaptive lights:

Description
STATIC BENDING LAMP CONFIGURATION
Campaign#
22C34
LX CLUSTER CONFIGURATION UPDATE Recall Incomplete

Description
LX CLUSTER CONFIGURATION UPDATE
Campaign#
23C10

From what I've seen on other forums, the issue is solved by a firmware update.

Edit: Sorry, I should have mentioned that I also get the headlight warnings.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Boret

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Raptor
Hello Hendré.
Thanks for your reply. A couple of questions? What Ford App do you use that provides you with Recall information? Also, do you have a link to the forum post where the issue is resolved with a firmware update? Thanks.

949BFN

First Name
Hendré
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Attorney
Hello Hendré.
Thanks for your reply. A couple of questions? What Ford App do you use that provides you with Recall information? Also, do you have a link to the forum post where the issue is resolved with a firmware update? Thanks.
The Ford Pass app (i.e. the app used for remote start; turning on zone lighting etc). The app also provides info (and warnings) on upcoming services, recalls, and other things. I'm sorry, but I can't remember where I got the info that the update resolves the issues with the LED Matrix lights. I'm reading quite a few forums. It could also be that I saw the discussion on one of the Ranger Facebook groups.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Boret

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Raptor
I've noticed that my app isn't displaying any recalls. It would be helpful to determine if the issue is solely related to a firmware update. I strongly prefer avoiding the dealership disassembling the lighting module and replacing it, as this often leads to squeaks and noises due to the disassembly process. There's a tendency for them to inadvertently break a plastic clip or two. If the problem persists after such interventions, it would mark the sixth time the car has been in for service in less than a year of ownership.

If anyone has information about a firmware update for the adaptive lighting module, I would appreciate it if you could share it here.

OP
OP

Boret

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Raptor
Hey Ranger enthusiasts!

Exciting update on my Ranger Raptor – the Adaptive Light issue has been successfully addressed! The HCM B15A7 module, specifically the Actuator Controller for the Left Matrix, was replaced. Additionally, the B115E Camera Module, which controls the Headlamp, received an upgrade.

Now, the performance is noticeably improved. The lights are way more responsive compared to before. Previously, even when they were working, there was a lag compared to other vehicles I own with similar adaptive light systems. The lights now swiftly respond to incoming traffic and effectively illuminate dark spots on the road.

These images below are of the HCM module.

Ford Ranger 2023 ranger raptor adaptive light issue _or_4_58981_general_or_extra__1700651735495_17006517162256570297334559559871

Ford Ranger 2023 ranger raptor adaptive light issue _or_4_58981_general_or_extra__1700652611496_17006525825314455636821634566343

They also applied a Firmware update to the BCM module.

Ford Ranger 2023 ranger raptor adaptive light issue 1701076879053

It seems the BCM also affects the behaviour of the Adpative Light module. This is a diagram of the Lights.

Ford Ranger 2023 ranger raptor adaptive light issue 1701076965135

I've tested it for a limited time, so I don't want to jinx it, but I'm feeling more confident about this repair compared to previous instances where I had to bring the car in multiple times without a resolution.

It took six visits to the dealer to get to this point, which, in my opinion, is a bit much. I understand the challenge of testing something that only operates at night and at a minimum speed, making it difficult to diagnose in the shop. However, I'm crossing my fingers that they got it right this time around.

Thanks to all the colleagues that chimed in providing advice.

Happy driving!